Thunderhill raceway August 15 and 16

Lamb busa

50 warming to 70 again
Donating Member
Registered
OK west coast trackday junkies. :thumbsup: 3 weeks after the Stampede on Aug. 15 and 16 Pacific tracktime has reserved the track. Lamb is 90% sure he will be attending these days. Trying to put together a schedule for the upcoming year and would love to ride this newly resurfaced track. Only good things have been heard about this track. Don't think that Lamb will be able to make the Barber track happen for 09 and still need a roadtrip or 2. Lamb would love it if some of you locals would think about putting this on your calendar. We won't get a real chance to stretch our legs on the Stampede, at least not to the extent that trackdays allow. Maybe someone has a hook-up and could save a few bucks or have some input for accomodations :please:etc.
Thanks for your time and input!
Lamb

Strong chance I'll do it. Another cool event to look forward to for Summer! Doyle

MF1A1383.JPG

Lycan wonders why lamb always refers to Lamb in the third person...confuses Lycan to say the least...there's always the East Coast lamb!:laugh::laugh:

Kento is about 45 minutes or so from there, and can run out and check the local motels. And of course Kento will show up on Race Day :beerchug: Kento would be happy to see if we can maybe get a group discount too. Kento met some of the key folks from PTT last week at the San Francisco Cycle World Show and he has friends in high places... :thumbsup:

Oh and you of course know ... it will be about 100 degree's out there in August. ::11:fire::devil:

Last edited:
My Busa Buddy "Lambretta Man" shot this T Hill vid on his Duc.

- Thunderhill Track Day[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
More ... :thumbsup:
- Thunderhill 2:10 lap[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Panda says for reasonable accomodations stay at the Golden Pheasant, formerly a Best Western now a Travelodge.

(530) 934-4603

Tell them you are with NASA (National Auto Sport Association) and the rate should be around $67/night. If not, tell them every other NASA Official gets that rate and you want it too.

Also, tell them you want to be in the 200's rooms, newer and cleaner. It's all one floor so inside parking is available :whistle:

Last edited:
Lycan wonders why lamb always refers to Lamb in the third person...confuses Lycan to say the least...there's always the East Coast lamb!:laugh::laugh:

Me too. Four times in one post, he refers to himself in the third person. Maybe he just likes reading his name in print.???

Lamb!

I still have credit with PTT, since Charles and I got shafted from the differences in the Reno/Fernley configuration. But I do have at least 1 free trackday thru them.

Anyways...I'm down!! Barber is looking like a 98% "no go" for me too. I'll PM you later tonite and we'll figure this out. We should definitely ride share. AS long as your truck has a 2" hitch ball, we can hook up my trailer to your truck and we'll be Golden.

Laters

Last edited:
Oh and you of course know ... it will be about 100 degree's out there in August. ::11:fire::devil:

Thats nothing. try 110 degrees and 40mph wind gusts at Willow Springs in August. 100 degrees will seem like paradise to me.

The hotter the better! Lamb likes it hot..........The bones don't creek nearly as loud!

Me too. Four times in one post, he refers to himself in the third person. Maybe he just likes reading his name in print.???

Rickey Henderson is the inspiration behind the third person posts.

"Rickey likes first pitch fastballs."

"Rickey keeps on breaking his cleats."

"Rickey can run, Rickey likes to run."

It keeps Lamb smiling, mostly. :laugh:

..................and another thing, look at how much "people" use I or a form therof. I'ts fun to mess with sentences. Thanks for asking.
Lamb

Lamb!

I still have credit with PTT, since Charles and I got shafted from the differences in the Reno/Fernley configuration. But I do have at least 1 free trackday thru them.

Anyways...I'm down!! Barber is looking like a 98% "no go" for me too. I'll PM you later tonite and we'll figure this out. We should definitely ride share. AS long as your truck has a 2" hitch ball, we can hook up my trailer to your truck and we'll be Golden.

Laters

For instance 5 "I"'s right here!

Panda says for reasonable accomodations stay at the Golden Pheasant, formerly a Best Western now a Travelodge.

(530) 934-4603

Tell them you are with NASA (National Auto Sport Association) and the rate should be around $67/night. If not, tell them every other NASA Official gets that rate and you want it too.

Also, tell them you want to be in the 200's rooms, newer and cleaner. It's all one floor so inside parking is available :whistle:

Great! Thanks for the info., and with a phone # too!

I should also mention that there is a good mexican restaurant attached to the hotel, Casa Ramos. Skip the dining room and go straight to the bar. The bartender, Karen, is awesome and will make sure your drink is always done right. They also serve dinner in the bar area.

Hopefully this thread will come up again before the event to remind me to drive the beast up for the weekend. I won't be running on the track but since I know all the peeps at T-Hill I might help out on safety or something.

Alright, dinner is taken care of. This thread will come up again because Lamb is going to this weekend and would love to meet up with some track ho's.

I should also mention that there is a good mexican restaurant attached to the hotel, Casa Ramos. Skip the dining room and go straight to the bar. The bartender, Karen, is awesome and will make sure your drink is always done right. They also serve dinner in the bar area.

Hopefully this thread will come up again before the event to remind me to drive the beast up for the weekend. I won't be running on the track but since I know all the peeps at T-Hill I might help out on safety or something.

Back