My son is the Man!

lil charlie

Registered
My son alex (9yrs old) had his 1st baseball game of the season last night; he plays on the Angels as a 3rd baseman. He played tee-ball once 3rys ago but he was the kid chasing grasshoppers with his glove on his head as the ball went by so I didn't know what to expect this year. We have been playing catch for 3 weeks now and it worked. Alex had 3 at bats and got on base each time (the only kid from either team to do so). He got a single the 1st time and on 2 wild pitches stole 2nd & 3rd and the next batter brought him home. The 2nd time he got a double, stole 3rd and was driven home. The last at bat was another single and the next batter got a triple and drive him home. He was given the game ball for his batting efforts. I'm so proud of my lil slugger!!!! Last night they beat the Red Socks 12-6. It was a back and forth game until the last inning when it was 7-6 (our favor) then 90 min time limit was almost here so they played on last inning. The rules state that the inning is over when you get 3 outs or 5 runs, which ever comes first. We got 5 runs and then held the other team to zero.

Game Ball.jpg

IMG_20110326_181620.jpg

IMG_20110326_181650.jpg

They had a blast!! I had to have a lil talk with him beofre had about how important confidence is. We were pulling up to the ball park and he said "were just going to lose anyways". I nipped that in the bud real quick!!! The game was Awesome!

Back