Man falls and dies in front of son at baseball game

Terrible situation. I hate knowing that the boy will have to deal with that for the rest of his life. Prayers for him.

Apparently he did not die from the fall. He had a full cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital.

Very tragic.... :down:

My condolences to the family, no disrespect but can't hang this one on God. The railing didn't fail it wasn't an unexpected accident. He was probably wanting that ball for his son, wanting it so badly he over reacted. A fire fighter none the less let his emotions get the best him on this sad day. We use another term for an accident/incident like this, but I consider it inappropriate to use here maybe we should think twice about saying it when others misfortune or thoughtlessness leads to a tragedy like this.

God did his job like he does all the time. You questioning him won't get you far when you leave this earth. We all have a time and way we will leave here the same day we are born. Tradgic as it may be he didn't die from the fall but maybe from smoking, family history of heart disease or any other number of things. It was his time, and there wasn't nothing he nor me or you could do about it, even if there had been a circus air cushion on the ground when he fell...

I do believe in destiny and when it's your time that's it it's your time.
It is all in his plans. Just when things like this happen it makes me wonder.
Sure he died later but he went over the rail in front of his son and that's not a deserved memory.

Regardless of how it happened, its still sad to see. Prayers go out to his family. 18 year vet of being a profesional fire fighter and this is how he goes.

Don't Blame God !!!!!! He fell over a railing trying to save a Baseball for his son. Unfortunetly he did not realize there was a 20 Foot Drop to the Concrete Floor.

Prayers to the Family :please:

i don't believe my dad deserved to be forced off a highway only to spin and strike a tree backwards. i don't think he deserved to die when i was only 18. but **** happens, and we learn to drive on. i think about my dad almost every day, what he'd think of me and the family i'm trying to build, where i'd be if he was still around. it's something we all have to deal with someday, and for some unfortunately it comes sooner than others. God called him home, who are we to question His wisdom?

Yes maybe it was his time and he was destined to go over that rail that day.
Maybe it was Gods decision to have that happen. I do not question the decision I only say as a mortal I don't understand it. Notright is right :) It is not for us to understand. Hopefully when I pass and if there is a heaven some of my questions will be answered.

Maybe the dad treated the kid like crap and God saved the boy from anymore bad things?
Who knows? Only he does above.

Didnt really mean this to turn out as a religious discussion.
Just a sad deal all the way around.

Don't Blame God !!!!!! He fell over a railing trying to save a Baseball for his son. Unfortunetly he did not realize there was a 20 Foot Drop to the Concrete Floor.

:thumbsup: Most people cause their own problems and GOD has NOTHING to do with it. Your Choice, since NOTHING JUST HAPPENS .

Sad for the Family though :please:

I'll now wait for the BIG TIME LAW SUIT that I know is coming. Why, IT'S NOT MY FAULT, THEY DIDN'T HAVE A NET TO CATCH ME. Which They might have been able to foresee :beerchug:

The guy was an idiot! He got the Darwin award in front of his kid. I think his kid will be that much smarter now. Stupid hurts and sometimes it's fatal. Dying to catch a baseball.........

The guy was an idiot! He got the Darwin award in front of his kid. I think his kid will be that much smarter now. Stupid hurts and sometimes it's fatal. Dying to catch a baseball.........

Wow really, I am very fortunate to not to have had to pay for my mistakes with my life.

I heard this on the radio on the way to work the other day and thought how sad. Then I saw the video and it was even worse for the boy of the man that died. Apparently he was a fire fighter just out for a ball game with his boy, very sad.

RIP

It makes you have a new perspective on life. I'm a father of four (9, 5 and 3mo twins). We as parents have a duty to our children to inform them at the earliest age that they can fully understand things; about life and death and God's Will. We must instill in them the knowledge that death does happen at any place and at any given time. Should another tragedy like this happen in front of a child...and it will, they are prepared in the knowledge that it was mommy/daddy's time to go HOME and God needs them.

Though sad that this happened, his son will grow up knowing that he spent the last day with his father having fun at a baseball game.

Make lasting memories...not grief.

RIP Sir

Back