Took the boys to an OU baseball game

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Friday I took my sons to an OU baseball game. My youngest sons whole team went with the parents. The university was really good to the kids, they took them out on the field during warm ups and let them hang out, then when the National Anthem was played all the boys went out in the field with the OU players to their positions they play... They high 5'ived the kids and all sorts of neat stuff. At one point around the 3rd inning they had the kids go stand on the OU dugout and they introduced the kids by name to the crowd, it was pretty fun...

The best part of the whole night was in the 7th inning stretch they asked the boys to go stand on the dugout again and when they played the music they wanted the boys to lead the dancing.... We were all clapping, a couple thousand college kids there and when the music started most of the boys started hopping around except this one kid from our team. The quietest most respectful kid we have and he puts his hands behind his head and starts slowly doing the pelvic thrust, he was in rythm but about a quarter of the speed of the music, he threw his head back and the parents started laughing so hard we couldnt breathe... The college kids were going crazy, it was one of those moments where there was no way you could stop it so you just had to laugh.... I turned around to this boys parents and asked them how the new pole in the house was working for them and what movies he had been watching.. His mom was absolutely stunned that her 9 yr old even knew that was a dance move but more that he would even be out there doing it in front of all those poeple... THey were so embarassed....

Kids, you can live without em..........

Baseball uniform for little league 50.00
Ticket into college stadium 12.00
Watching your 9 yr old son dirty dance on the jumbo tron -- Priceless

big  ou.jpg

closeup.jpg

big  ou.jpg

closeup.jpg

Last edited:
Thats great for the kids, when i was liitle, the older ball players were almost as cool as guys with motorcycles. The kids wont forget this evening anytime soon. As for #54, I guarentee that his parents will remind him of his moves at the worst times

What a great time you must have had!

Unforgettable!

That kid'll be famous for that for as long as he has those friends...:rofl:

:beerchug:

:rofl: sounds like a great time! it's always the quiet ones that let loose at the best times :laugh:

Back