Stag Deer Totalled My Ride....

LiVinLuNaTic

Registered
My last bike just got totalled by a stag deer jumping out from a ditch where it was hidden, straight into the front forks at around 90kmh.
Leathers and bike complete write offs.
I got away with a few scrapes and a broken big toe.

The upside of it was I've now just bought a GEN II Busa with the insurance money and a bit of extra cash put towards it - I'm loving it - I've forgotten the spill down the road with the deer already:thumbsup:

I know what you mean my friend... Congrats on the new ride! :beerchug:

Oct2007 misc 154b.jpg

DeerHunting1b.jpg

Oct2007 misc 147b.jpg

:welcome: to the board...glad you were able to limp away from the previous wreck and get yourself a Busa :beerchug:

There is not a morning I dont pass a deer on the road out to the highway, I think its just a matter of time.

I came up on a fawn the other day I swear had to have been born that night, Was in the road all wobbaly, I moved as far over as I could but still scared it, But it did walk off the road and back into the woods as I went by.

Same thing happened to me, but I missed the deer and lowsided into a pole.

IMG00276.jpg

IMG00290.jpg

My last bike just got totalled by a stag deer jumping out from a ditch where it was hidden, straight into the front forks at around 90kmh.
Leathers and bike complete write offs.
I got away with a few scrapes and a broken big toe.

The upside of it was I've now just bought a GEN II Busa with the insurance money and a bit of extra cash put towards it - I'm loving it - I've forgotten the spill down the road with the deer already:thumbsup:

:welcome: Congrats! Too bad about the last bike and the deer, but you seem to have come through it all OK. Enjoy the second chance and be safe!

Mannnn I hope you got to take the deer home... I haven't had a great piece of jerky in a long time, LoL

didnt see anyone mention deer whistles...i have them mounted on the inside of my fairings...and am adding another set this spring(already have them ,just waiting for warmer weather to install)...they also work for small animals,dogs,squirrels..etc..

but any animal i have seen in the road ahead of me ran before i got close...and i live in NY where there are lots of deer..

they are only $5 at walmart...well worth the money compared to what i have seen in pictures above..

Back