Hit my first deer

Glad yours till with us. Thats what counts the most! You can replace the bike! Let us know if you need anything!

wow.gif
Man that sucks but you will heal! The deer and car/bike meeting is getting worse all the time
lurk.gif
More of both won't mix! And now the [some folk] won't let ya
guns.gif
rock.gif
argue.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

YIKES! Nick, Sad to read this and the deer are all over up here, especialy in the evenings. What time of day was it? I have done that road only once and am planning to be back up there this summer. Very sorry about your injuries but glad it's not worse.

Dont throw the busa away, I was ready to just leave mine at the junk yard when I crashed in Eureka but actually brought it home and later sold her for $3k broken.

If you need help let me know. Happy Camp is about 2 hrs from me.

- Kent

It happened around 1:00 PM, I think all the fires in the area made the deer more active, but who really knows. I'm going home today and yes I would like to get a few things off the bike, the insurance company is going to move it tomorrow some place for them to look at it.

I'm sure I will ride again, going up into the mountains may be hard until I can get over this.

My hard decession is what to buy? I love the busa, but the new 08 I really do not like, the tail section just wrecks the bike for me. I love the new 1098 but I don't ride the track and they suck for long trips. After riding with a guy how has the new BMW 1200R, I really like the idea of no chain maintenance. I saw the new Buell at Laguna, nice bike could be an option too!

Thank you for all your kind words.

Take the sub frame if salvagable. It is gonna be a easy job to change the tail on the 08.

This is another reminder of how extremely lucky I was when I hit a deer in January on my VSTAR. I hit the deer in the neck and he fell on my right leg. I leaned left and sped away. There was no damage to the bike and I limped around with a bruised leg for about three weeks. I hope everything goes well for you. Pick the new bike you like, but I hope it is a Busa. There are still a lot of new 07s around.

OUCH!
SHOCKED.gif

I'm so sorry...heal up fast and I'm glad you're going to be okay. So sorry about the bike though
sad.gif

Hit a deer at 65 mph, and like you said there is nothing you can really do. I was geared up and came out with a bruised right elbow. My 1k was toast. Took about a month to heal. Started riding again after a month, took it slow until I got my timing back.

Wish you a speedy recovery, and hopefully you will be riding soon.

Holy smoke Mana.....I can't believe I missed this thread!

Glad you weren't hurt worse man.... Heal quickly.

Stinkin' forest rats. I did 380 miles yesterday and saw 10 of the dang things...
argue.gif

(mjn @ Aug. 01 2007,12:25) Holy smoke Mana.....I can't believe I missed this thread!

Glad you weren't hurt worse man....    Heal quickly.  

Stinkin' forest rats.  I did 380 miles yesterday and saw 10 of the dang things...
argue.gif
Thanks, feeling better every day.

I'm trying to figure out what deer are good for, they must have some purpose on earth other than getting hit by cars, trucks and motorcycles!

glad your alive wow i just rode thru there on my way to cave junction at least it wasent a bigfoot
tounge.gif
heal fast brother
beerchug.gif

Mana , make sure you buy your bike back from the insurance co. you can part it out for alot more. Did you get ahold of Neeley ?

(frisbee @ Aug. 01 2007,21:17) Mana , make sure you buy your bike back from the insurance co. you can part it out for alot more. Did you get ahold of Neeley ?
Not yet, I will see how much to buy it back too. Problem is it's way down there and from what I here their going to have it shipped to Redding, not sure what they are going to do right now.

Back