My friend went down,he hit a deer.

Yeah, the ABS will keep the tires from locking up in a hard brake (panic) stop situation and help you from falling over/low siding, I guess they'd let you stop in a shorter distance because you're not depending on "feel" as to how hard you can brake. I've had one situation already where I squeezed and stomped as damned hard as I could, and felt the pulsating ABS assuring me the bike was putting as much braking force to the ground as was possible without a wheel lock up. BTW - I practiced doing exactly that to see 1. What it felt like when ABS kicked in and 2. if I could just mindlessly brake as hard as I could and it turns out I can! I dig the ABS, and I think my next bike will have that on it as well!

Most likely you didn't hit the deer because you were riding behind him and had more time and distance. There are lots of interesting videos about the difference a fraction of a second or even 5-10kph (they were filmed in NZ if memory serves) makes in stopping and survivability. Glad you're safe, hope your buddy heals up soon and keeps riding!

Thanks you sir.
Yeah, the abs is great. It should come on more bikes as standard.

the busa is not big and heavy. a HD at 900+ lbs is big n heavy!

I don't think it hurt u by any means I just don't feel its the reason u didn't crash. been riding for 25 years and never had ABS on any bike and done a lot of hard braking on both my busa and liter bikes I've owned.

its not like a car. IDN, wen I hit my brakes which are upgraded to SS lines, better pads and rotors I stop on a dime and thats without using the rear brakes which I nvr use. I shud I know but 75% of braking comes from the front. maybe even 80% on a bike. 65-70% on a car.

but if the ABS makes u feel safer wen riding then by all means its a great thing to have. perception is often reality wen riding and if ur more confident wen u are riding the less likely ull be to crash! confidence goes a long way wen riding either ron the street or the track. nothn compares to seat time and experience but if a mechanical upgrade helps ur confidence then thats a home run.

lovn that yellow too. such f-en bad ass color! best lookn busa ever made to date imo hands down and I am NOT a fan of yellow in anything but a huge fan in that color combo. they nailed it with that.

Believe it or not, but I still haven't seen another yellow limited busa in Cincinnati Oh.
When I was in Indianapolis on the evening just before the moto gp race, I saw one more and that's about it.
It's kinda nice to be one and only :-))
Yes, you are right, a HD is big and heavy, but I was comparing the busa with my previous CBR that I shaved some weight from it and it was only 420 lbs.maybe even less.

Back