Brian's friend went down on the highway

Looks like his guardian angel was workin' overtime...

Glad everyone is OK.

Glad to hear he came thorugh it OK.

Now you won't believe this, but I had a similiar incident. My first street bike, a 89 ex 500, riding along at a fair clip, coming up to an interesecting stop sign, down shift from 6 to 5 to 4 then let the clutch out into 3rd and the rear wheel locked up. Slid around a bit and finally ended up off the road in somebody's front yard. Have you ever tried to run coming off a bike at 40 MPH
rock.gif
. Well my little ole legs didn't quite keep up and I was rolling through this front yard. Anyways, no injury what so ever to myself, bike had busted mirror and turnsignal, some slight body scrapeage.

Well I get a ride home, comeback with a truck, load the bike and take it to the dealer. Ends up being a broken input shaft. It broke, pieces locked things up and tore the hell out of the inside of the bike. Now how in the hell do you break the input shaft on a 500 ninja.
rock.gif

rock.gif

Glad to hear he came thorugh it OK.

Now you won't believe this, but I had a similiar incident.  My first street bike, a 89 ex 500, riding along at a fair clip, coming up to an interesecting stop sign, down shift from 6 to 5 to 4 then let the clutch out into 3rd and the rear wheel locked up.  Slid around a bit and finally ended up off the road in somebody's front yard.  Have you ever tried to run coming off  a bike at 40 MPH
rock.gif
.  Well my little ole legs didn't quite keep up and I was rolling through this front yard.  Anyways, no injury what so ever to myself, bike had busted mirror and turnsignal, some slight body scrapeage.

Well I get a ride home, comeback with a truck, load the bike and take it to the dealer.  Ends up being a broken input shaft.  It broke, pieces locked things up and tore the hell out of the inside of the bike.    Now how in the hell do you break the input shaft on a 500 ninja.
rock.gif
Adding your account, I've now heard of 4 of these stories since Wednesday.

Kev

rock.gif

Just an update, we took the bike apart last night. We unhooked the shaft from the tranny, and lowered the swingarm and the wheel spinds freely. I guess the transmission is the problem, not the shaft like we first thought.

Back