Hit my first deer

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
I bring sad news my busa is dead! On the way home from Laguna Seca just north of happy camp I found out what it feels like to hit deer at 50mph. Lets just say there are no winners. I had no time to react it happened so quickly I was on the ground before I even knew what happened.
My busa is a total loss I'm still in the hospital in Medford Oregon, will be released tomorrow. I ended up with 3 broken ribs, broken collar bone, and a lower broken leg. I had full leathers on with armour in them and a full faced helmet, that for sure saved my life.

My friends took photo's I will post them later, when I get home.

Man, sorry to hear- we have lots of deer around here, certain places are like "Deer Alley" and make you really paranoid on a bike!

Did you at least have the revenge of eating it?!?

Heal well and quickly...
smile.gif

Sorry to hear. Heal soon and get an '08.
beerchug.gif

Too bad you cant at least tag the deer.

i'm glad that you are at least able to post about this but am sorry to hear about the loss of your bike and your injuries
sad.gif

is there anything we can do for you besides say a prayer for a fast recovery?

Dang sorry to hear about this.

We were riding in deer country this morning and we made the observation that hitting a deer while riding is about the same as getting eaten by a shark while scuba diving. Part of the risks of riding.

Stay careful out there.

--Wag--

Very sorry to hear. I hit one around 35, I was on the brakes. It nearly totaled my bike. And I only cliped him.
Glad you are able to talk about it.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Thankfully you were not hurt even worst (gear saves again!)
beerchug.gif

Heal well and heal fast.

Wow... glad to hear you're alright. We have quite a lot of deer on our Canyon Rd. One we use a lot in our riding. I'll be extra careful.

Get well soon.

(semi @ Jul. 28 2007,17:45) i'm glad that you are at least able to post about this but am sorry to hear about the loss of your bike and your injuries
sad.gif

is there anything we can do for you besides say a prayer for a fast recovery?
+1.

Best wishes to you. I'm really sorry to hear about this incident and hope you are able to heal fully/properly and fast.

Busa Folk...we like doin' stuff fast...

;)

Scar

I hope mentally you can recover from this as well. Riding totally paranoid is just pointless.
I remember after taking that crow in the chest at 85, I couldn't ride over 55 for weeks. I was actually thinking about getting off the bike for good.
Glad I didn't.

Back