Hit my first deer

Glad to here you didn't get hurt worse than you did. Speedy recovery. There is a place in Texas on  SH 377 we call ''Deer Allley''; it is between Junction and Rock Springs. I bet I saw over 25 dead deer on and off to the side of the road a couple years ago. The locals don't go out at night.                   Looks like time to buy that second generation Busa: :17

Okay, finally got a chance to meet up with the guys and got the photo's of the accident. Here are a few, crew out of Happy Campy first on the seen, great bunch there, my thanks to them and what they do!

DSC02647.JPG

My bike missing some parts, I was impressed that the Stem mount by techmounts stayed on the bike, even the GPS stayed with it, the Chatterbox did to, but it took some damage! All and all poor bike.

DSC02649.JPG

Impact was on the front of the bike, looking at the photo's I'm not sure if its going to be totaled or not.

DSC02650.JPG

People who drove by where a great help, the guy holding the white sheet was first one to arrive, he held that sheet up the whole time over 35 minutes to keep the sun off me. When it counts people can very very helpful and kind.

DSC02651.JPG

Looks like a fixer. I love the purple and black '04's. My drunken buddy from Ohio has one. Hope you're doing alright.

(Wag @ Jul. 28 2007,18:47) Dang sorry to hear about this.

We were riding in deer country this morning and we made the observation that hitting a deer while riding is about the same as getting eaten by a shark while scuba diving. Part of the risks of riding.

Stay careful out there.

--Wag--
I'm a certified diver.. sharks don't eat too many divers. Surfers on the other hand....
tounge.gif

PS- Get well soon!

Sorry about the bike but glad you are on the mend. Bet you can get a good deal on a 2007 busa.

(Luvanicebum @ Aug. 09 2007,16:15) How big was the deer?  I'm glad you were all suited up man.
That gear paid for itself twice over eh?
The guys told me it was a big mule deer.

For sure the gear was worth it's weight in gold!

I'm going to get more gear, just incase lighting strikes twice.

New to the site ... reading this tread and just decided to not ride until i get all the right gear .
Live in north Wisconsin and lets just say there are more deer then people.
Just want to say thanks for posting this, Ill never ride withour my helmet again!

Wear at least the Helmet, Jacket, Gloves and Boots. I need to find some Riding Pants, but they don't make a whole lot of stuff for FAT Busa Riders. Hardleys Yes.........

ANYWAYS " FU.. RUDOLPH and his RED FREAKIN NOSE "
guns.gif

Well its been over a month since my accident now, I'm still on the mend. I’m amazed at how long it’s taking for my ribs to heal up, they still hurt and I can only sleep on one side. The worst thing now is my right leg is the broken one so I’m totally dependent on others to get around no driving for me. I went back to work last week couldn’t take day time TV any more, if I had to watch another week I was going to shoot myself.

Once again I wanted to say the only reason I’m able to write this is because of gear, full leathers same stuff those MOTO GP guys use, boots and a top notch helmet!

Do not go all cheap on your gear, because when you want it to count you will not have a chance to even think about it.

Ouch, glad to hear you made it out alive. That is one of my biggest fears. I have hit about 7deer in cages and had 3 close calls on two wheels.

Well just to do a follow up, I'm almost 100% again, purchased a new bike and I thought long and hard about the 08 busa and a few other bikes. I ended up last Thursday picking a new BMW 07 k1200R sport. It has a few hp, but not like the busa, going to take a bit of get of riding to get use to some of the Germany things. I tell you one thing I didn't realize how good the busa was for wind protection, wow!

Anyways good to go for the 08 ride season!

Hi Nick!  and congrats on the new scoot.    
beerchug.gif
      AND guess what ... I went deer hunting a lil over a week ago too,  see thread :

Deer Hunting with a Hayabusa

I thought of your experience just moments after and was glad I didnt get hurt.
Left arm had a little friction burn, left knee is still bruised, Thank goodness I was in FULL GEAR and was only doin around 50 mph.

I too am shoppin for a new bike but I am not ready to leave the Busa yet.

Back