I hit a deer going 60 and it exploded. (Hunting with a 500lb bullet.)

I just about nailed two last night. All I could do is tuck and point toward the tail. I was lucky. Best of luck with it.

What this means is that you are living right... The outcome could have been much worse. Get better, fix her up and go,go,go! Happy New Year.

Glad to hear you only came out with minor injuries. The bike can be replaced. The deer; not so much. Now it's time to invest in some riding pants when you get a new jacket! Jeans and slacks do not stand up to pavement.

glad your ok!

get the engine and bike all checked out...and at this point...might as well street fighter it! take insurance money and buy it back! make it a street fighter!

Glad you had some of that deer lubricant on, I bet it helped you slide down the road.. GROSS!

Them deer like to pull their stunts. I hope I fare as well as you did if/when I catch one. I wear leather & Kevlar hoping it will hold up longer on a long slide. I prefer to hit them with a 180 grain flatnose. Glad you won! Don't pick @ them scabs:poke:

Yah don't have many deer running out onto the freeways in LA so it was definitely unexpected. You would think with the reflective vest the Army makes us wear the deer would have seen me coming... he clearly didn't look both ways before crossing the road haha. The way it got torn up tho I'm glad I had a jacket underneath and not shirt. Also, the T-Rex no-cut frame sliders actually stood up to the slide and protected quite a lot. The rear axle sliders didn't do much however and seemed pointless.

You are one lucky person!

As for the bikes damage, i would let the insurance deal with it. At a 70mph impact, there can be unseen damage!

This is one of the major reasons I don't ride at night if I can help it. Glad you made it out ok!

rough situation but i am glad you walked away from it. i am surprised that mil spec vest held together so well.

Glad you are ok ! I have a friend that got pretty broken up when he hit a deer in Oregon

WHEEEEW WHAT A RIDE !!!!
Sorry to hear it but glad it's "You 1 - Deer 0" it'd be much worst other way around
Recoop quick fully :thumbsup:

Wow, what a miracle. You slide off the road at that speed and meet an obstacle or two....could've been a whole lot worse. Glad your around to tell the story!

Glad your OK hoping for a speedy recovery.

In Vegas through Red Rock you have to watch out for Wild Horses and Will donkeys! Not something I want to meet at 70!:banghead:

Back