Deer Season Started For Me Saturday July 23

jrj024

Registered
Smacked a deer doing 60+ mph on a ride with some fellow I-shoc brothers at Talimena when a deer ran across the road as i was passing a buddy, I kept the bike up and am completely fine. After realizing it was inevitable i was going to hit it, I just stayed on the gas and whacked the back end of the deer off.
IMG_2696.JPG
IMG_2695.JPG
IMG_2694.JPG
IMG_2693.JPG

Then these next 2 is how it looked when i rode it 2 hours home
IMG_2677.JPG
IMG_2676.JPG

I wouldn't say totaled, i had liability on this bike until i could find a reasonable quote on full coverage for it, which hadn't happen yet, and my latest quote was $6,600 a year with progressive. That's why you don't see many 23 year olds with hayabusa's lol. And thanks guys, hearing that someone from the same town I'm from died that night from hitting a deer, I've got the big man upstairs to thank for keeping me safe.

Great job keeping it up. I have hit 2 deer in the last 2 years on my busa and wasn't able to keep it up either time. Glad your ok, the bike can be replaced.

Glad you're ok Bro, congrats on keeping it upright, that's quite a feat..!!!
I'm sure it can be fixed, Just take it slow and pick up a piece at a time on Ebay and maybe some of the guys on the Org here
have some parts you can use. I'd be curious to see if your forks got bent, maybe not, you never know..!!
Good luck on your project.
BB

Dam that blows ! I have hit two as well nosbig . managed to stay up on the dr650 , and ZRX1200 but they screwed up both bikes good . Glad your ok jr

You did a good job of keeping it up. I know these things can happen in a split second , I live in deer country and try not to ride after dusk because of it. One strategy is to aim for the rear of it in hopes of missing it, of course you have to balance everything. Going off pavement at 60 MPH isn't always the safest thing to do either. A deer will move, a tree not so much.

Ya the screwy part about all this was that it was noon! Wouldn't have thought a deer would've been out there that time of day, especially with temps over 100.

Glad that you weren't hurt and that she is all back together!

Back