Close Call

Blackbird99

Registered
Hey all. Had a close call on the way home from work today. I was following behind a car at about 50 mph when I saw a deer come out of the woods on the right side bolting right towards the road. I was already down to around 30 mph before the driver of the car even touched her brakes and the deer was already in front of her. She ended up hitting the deer at about 35 mph. The fog light that got torn off her car missed hitting me in the face shield by about 6 inches. And then I had to do some swerving to miss the deer and the parts that got torn off the front of the car.

I tell ya, the basics we learned in the MSF coarse really came through. "SEE" and covering the controls. The only thing I can find that I did wrong was that I was too close to the car to start with otherwise this wouldn't of even registered as a close call.

The deer didn't fare so well. All I can say for her is that after checking to make sure the woman in the car was alright, I went back to the deer and she was already dead so at least she wasn't suffering for a long time.

Back