GoAWOL down....run in with a deer

HEard from Roc to day about the accident! If there's anything that I can do please hit me up. But glad that you're alright!!

I ran over a 4 foot long snake a few weeks ago as I was leaning it over in a corner. It was big and fat and crossing the road and the bike started to slide out but then grabbed again. Started to low side and then almost high sided but kept it on two wheels some how. Got home and changed my shorts.:laugh: I hate snakes. Glad you're OK. Get the bike fixed up and ride again real soon.

oh man, hate that for you Sean!! But atleast you walked away with no problems and the bike is rebuildable!! I have a set of levers for you, carbon fiber look though. You are welome to them.

I finally got to see the bike yesterday.
He sustained minimal damage. Pretty lucky
It's all repairable except for the front fender. I think I'd replace it. Maybe even a CF one that you've been eye ball'n. You know if you get that the inners are close behind.

I've spoken with the insurance guy and without going into details I'm going to have to handle this myself. My plan is to pick up a CF fender somewhere in the near future and work on getting the nose and fairing repainted. (any tips for dealing with scratches would be appreciated)

So that leaves the front turn signal mounts and stator cover. I managed to scrounge up a clutch lever and Roc says he has a lead on the Front turn signal mounts. Maybe I can talk the wife into a Woodcraft stator cover.

Hey man, GLAD to see your in good shape, Sorry about the Bike. You know if you need anything just leave me a PM.
Jon(Loomis).

Hey Sean.. sorry to hear you went down, but glad you had your gear on and you made it out ok. Looks like the bike isn't too bad, did some say repair party weekend after bash?? :beerchug:

What about your gear? if your helmet is rashed, you'll want it replaced. How about the jacket? I can contribute to the re-gear GoAwol fund! :thumbsup:

PM or call me if you need to!

..... so no deer for dinner?

Are we having the repair party this weekend?

he's TDY right now. I'm heading to warsaw to meet shawn if your interested. leave'n saturday morning around 1030

if anyone has a stator cover lay'n around he sure could use it.

what's up with the pink toaster????

Last edited:
he's TDY right now. I'm heading to warsaw to meet shawn if your interested. leave'n saturday morning around 1030

if anyone has a stator cover lay'n around he sure could use it.

what's up with the pink toaster????

Would love to, but have football and soccer game tomorrow. Everyone talking about not getting a toaster for a certain number of posts gets people playin' around!

I have a stock stator cover. Just pm Me a address if you need it.

Thanks hondpwr....don't know what to say concerning the generosity of folks. If we ever meet up beers on me.:beerchug:

Roc...what can I say except I'm glad I know you. This whole experience has been pretty depressing to say the least and you have made it bearable. I can only hope to one day be able to repay you and all the others.:beerchug:

Hey Sean.. sorry to hear you went down, but glad you had your gear on and you made it out ok. Looks like the bike isn't too bad, did some say repair party weekend after bash?? :beerchug:

What about your gear? if your helmet is rashed, you'll want it replaced. How about the jacket? I can contribute to the re-gear GoAwol fund! :thumbsup:

PM or call me if you need to!

..... so no deer for dinner?

Got your phone message Peter...been out of town. Thanks for the concern. My gear came out more dirty than damaged. I think that had something to do with the swamp I ended up in. Thanks to Roc and Hondpwr my only real concern is repainting my fairing and nose. I humbly appreciate all the assistance and offers for assistance.:bowdown:

Back