Crash in North GA Mtns.. totaled?

VoodooJC

Registered
Had my first crash ever this past weekend while taking a cruise in the North GA mountains.. on one sharp turn I didn't feel confident making it at my current speed of 45mph so I decided go head towards open field on outside of curve and maybe lowside.. unfortunately there was a hidden ditch among the tall grass.. The Busa's pretty banged up on the left side.. I had full gear and got out with a fractured scapula, a scrape and a bruise.

Anyone think the bike is totaled? If so, how much could I get from my insurance? It's a 06 with <9k miles on it.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Hard to tell....depends on how much damage. I think if it reaches 60% of value or the frame is even touched...they total.

Sorry for the spill, glad you came out fairly ok.

buddy of mine is getting his 06le fixed. he got hit by a car changing lanes, they are having to replace ALL of the plastics, the gas tank, carbon fiber arkapovic exhaust can, stator cover, im sure im leaving somthing out but his estimate was for $3900. maybe it wont be as bad as your thinking.

Any Crash that Ends up in a Living Rider without Major Injury is a Good Crash !!!!!!!!!! You are Very Lucky :bowdown:

The bike Looks Fixable !!!!! On the Other Hand, If you want want to Sell it PM: Me :whistle:

The important thing is that you are okay. Everything else can be fixed.

My insurance company wants me to get the damage appraisal somewhere myself.. is this normal? Sort of an inconvenience since I can't the bike on my trailer myself. Anyone know any services that come out to do the appraisal?

sorry for the mishap. like others have said, bike can be replaced.from the pics you've posted, doesnt look like its totalled.what insuarance co. u with? your insuarance having you get your own appraisal? not normal. i know some companies that come to your house and appraise it there!

If there is a scratch on the frame anywhere you can get it totaled.

Doesn't take much of a crash for the ins. co to total a bike. The cost of plastics with a single lower panel retailing for over $500 is outrageosly expensive and your burised up bike will bring a good price at the auction.

Just a little reminder on corner crashes, ALWAYS lean the bike until one of two things happen, you either run out of lean angle or you run out of pavement. Never, never stand it up and head for the bushes. A soft lowside is by far less damaging on the old carcass than being pitched off or going over the bars from an upright position.

Secondly, when you are at full lean, you are burning off speed pretty rapidly without using an brake.

But the best part is, if you just lean it until body parts are dragging, you'll make it around the corner almost every time!

Sorry about your bike! Glad you sustained no serious injuries! :beerchug:

damn, glad you were wearing the gear but unfortunate for your ride. hopefully, you get her buttoned up and move on.

Sorry about the crash...get a estimate on the damage and go from there :thumbsup:

Doesn't take much of a crash for the ins. co to total a bike. The cost of plastics with a single lower panel retailing for over $500 is outrageosly expensive and your burised up bike will bring a good price at the auction.

Just a little reminder on corner crashes, ALWAYS lean the bike until one of two things happen, you either run out of lean angle or you run out of pavement. Never, never stand it up and head for the bushes. A soft lowside is by far less damaging on the old carcass than being pitched off or going over the bars from an upright position.

Secondly, when you are at full lean, you are burning off speed pretty rapidly without using an brake.

But the best part is, if you just lean it until body parts are dragging, you'll make it around the corner almost every time!

Sorry about your bike! Glad you sustained no serious injuries! :beerchug:

Thanks for the advice! Wish someone told me that before..

Dropped the bike off at Suzuki dealer today and they said it'll probably be totaled out. They have one last 08 Busa for $10k right now. :whistle:

if they total it buy it back from the ins company and sell it for parts or send to me...:laugh:

Glad to hear you are OK, that's the important thing. Look at the bright side, there's an 08 waiting for you now!!:beerchug:

Take care.

Rumble

Back