% of 150mph Riders

Have you been 150mph or over or think you have

• Yes

Votes: 791 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 84 9.6%

• Total voters
i have a hard time staying below 150mph I've went passed what the speedometer will read (185) countless times i want to get a 220 dash or really GPS so i will have a more accurate reading

Yup had it flat-out, gps has a lag so you gotta hold her there for a while for it to catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..lol once or twice here and there but its insane after to think about it.. its way too dangerous to do it on highways or so.. But been there..

Indicated 280kph on the speedo, even allowing for speedo error, that should have been well over 150mph. Closed course, professional rider, etc... :whistle:

Like i said way back... on the rev limiter in 5th !! a true GPS 176... only one time w/o the Gps onboard....redlined in 5th ..grabbed 6th..in 9 years this was the first time it actually gained a couple of hundred rev's...downhill at 5000' feet elevation.. i say i have hit 180...
ah' the nevada deserted backroads in the desert..With my saddle bags on...
Did 162 during the Busa Stampede....still an eye opener,,,,,,,at that speed... road looks as wide as a 2x4...hehe

I did it alot when I first bought it.

Same here,between 2003-2007 i hit the "indicated" 180+ at least 250-300 times(usually at least once every Sat. and Sun. morning over the course of those 4 years).Went turbo in '07 and have done it maybe a dozen times since,figure i pushed my luck way too far as it is.:thumbsup:

I have not done it on the Busa yet, but I did 160 mph according to the gauge on my '06 GSXR600. It would have gone a little more, but I ran out of balls.

Bone stock bike ... 189mph in 5th gear at redline. Shifted into 6th and the limiter kicked in dropping the revs to 10,200 and my speed down to 185 (GPS). Speedo was pegged at 186 when the GPS was only indicating 177. Going to try an XTRE or ECU flash to remove the speed limiter and see how fast a bone stock GEN II can go - should milk a few more miles an hour out of her. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 189.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
twisties are fun and i love taking the long way home to hit 20 miles ( 1 hour ) of back road but i LOVE blasting home hittin 150+. i get about 10 miles of straight highway communting back n forth home and college. my gauge is in KPH so i am sure there is a bit of lag in the actual speed. but i guess i won't know for sure until i get pulled over. haha if they catch me :laugh::laugh:

Just got the busa ... I have a speedo healer on mine. I've gone to 130 indicated, and that was while getting onto an on ramp to the interstate, so not a lot of time to accelerate.

Top speed really isn't everything to me, so not a big deal. I've gone faster than 130 in just about all my cars. lol.

Last edited:
More than I can count over 150,.....heck that's only 3rd gear! :laugh: Only pushed it to the rev limiter(unrestricted) in 6th a handfull of times. 220 speedo with speedohealer shows around 200,..........but whos looking at the speedo at those speeds?? NOT ME!! :rulez:

One on the left one way. One on the right another way. Ran out of air strip! Have a speedohealer with top speed recall.

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

Last edited:
Back