Why care which bike is the fastest...........

I just want to be the fastest where the road is not straight. I have broken through the 200mph barrier, but since then traded straight line speed for cornering speed.

Why do most people buy Harley's? :laugh:

Truth is there are a lot of posers out there and some just want to try and look cool! :banghead:

So.....different strokes for different folks I guess. I never understood people that spend money on cars/bikes/whatever to look at it in a show. If I doesn't make it lighter, faster, more performance oriented in some form,...and you aren't going to use it for that purpose....I don't want it. If I weren't racing my bike, I wouldn't own it.....same for any of my toys.

Then again, I don't watch sports and talk about them all day long. I'd rather be out playing rather then tail gating or talking stats... :whistle:

I am just glad I have a fast bike.

If my busa could do 800mph, i am pretty sure i would never even have it up 200mph maybe only if it had wings.

Couldn't tell ya...
I love the Hayabusa and have since it's inception. I knew one day in my life I would own one and now I do.
It has exceeded my expectations, been what I wanted it to be and continues to get compliments from others and praise from me.

Some people have to have the latest and greatest at the moment...for example my friend Jimmy.
Not the brightest candle on the cake but really nice guy and good father. He had a 09' zx-14 limited edition, the burnt orange and black scheme. All done up from Hid's to full Akrapovic system with jet hotted headers, sato rearsets, Galfer ss lines and pads, levers...on and on with the mods. This bike has 1475 miles on it. ???
What did DA do? Trades it in for a 2012 14R. After being beaten by the dealer, he now has a stock bike with a $450/month payment for the next 4 years...
My question to him was, why? You didn't & (couldn't :whistle:) ride the other one...Had to have it was his response.

Sigh , some lucky bloke is probably riding that very well modded zx14 at a very good price.

Most every time I ride I hit 150+
I bought the Hayabusa mainly for its power.
So if other manufactures are going to make more powerful
motorcycles then the Hayabusa I may consider them as a future
purchase.
I think the main reason why people own Hayabusa because it was the most powerful
motorcycle at one time. Things have changed for 2012.

I am poser on the street, I don't need the fastest and am happy to have the best looking bike out there. The Gen 1:whistle::laugh:

However LSR was here for a brief time an was trying to get into it now that it is gone I kinda wish I had a Victory Cross Country Tour and that is my new dream ride at the moment :drool:

i tell the wife all the time i bought the busa because it is a chick magnet:whistle: but on the serious note, i've wanted to buy a busa since they first come out and has always been my dream bike:thumbsup:

Who cares? we know most sportbike are capable of crazy speed but how many have ever had thee busa past the 200 mph?

Unmodified they don't go 200mph.

As far as why being the fastest matters, some folks just like to have the "best" or what they perceive as the "best". I would guess that more riders are capable of appreciating an obscene amount of power in a bike than most other performance based refinements such as the chassis or suspension.

I have been up to a GPS verified 167 mph. It is not very fun or interesting actually, and certainly stupid on a public road - even if it was deserted. But if you think the only virtue the Hayabusa has is speed, then you are a victim of the same hype everyone else is about the Busa. Its cool that the Busa is (was?) the "king of the road", but the bottom line is it's maybe the best general purpose SPORT bike ever made. And while the engine is capable of incredible velocity, what is truely amazing is that it is just as capable as a thumper of putting along at normal speeds. That is the true magic.

Since I don't street race or do highway battles I can care less if this person or that person thinks their super hot fast bike goes x.xx @ xxxmph. Since they are bragging about it then I am pretty sure they will never get it to go that fast. My bike is 100% street bike so every other bike can be faster then me for all I care. It's faster then most cars on the road, so that's good enough for me. Plus if I decide to go to the drag strip there is ALWAYS someone faster.

Something that I learned while I had the Buell (1125R, rough equivalent to a GSX-R 750 in terms of power and handling.) is that having the fastest or the best handling isn't too important. That Buell handled like a scalpel, I mean it was just amazing leaned over but I found out that carrying that extra corner speed didn't make me any happier than the Busa did. I went over 170 on my GEN1 and while it was a blast since I've done it I don't have the drive to cross it. Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved to held on to the Buell as a track bike and would love to break 200 at Maxton one day. I just don't have the burning desire for it once I tried it, something of a been there done that.

While I'm happy that they put 20ish more ponies in the GEN2 I'm much happier with how they refined it, made it so much smoother, cleaner delivery. Maybe it's cause I'm getting older but having the baddest and fastest isn't the draw for me, it just happens to be part of the package.

Due to it's heritage, the Busa will always be a legend, no matter what technology surpasses it.

I don't get to ride often, but when I do it satisfies far beyond anything I expect from a motorcycle. My bone stock silver still turns heads everywhere I go and even when it just sits in my garage, looking at it makes me smile. I went for a ride yesterday, first time in around 3 months and when I got home there were 4 text messages on my phone, saying. "Hey I think I saw you out on the Busa, was that you?"

Back