Why care which bike is the fastest...........

Why? I street ride and once in awhile go to to the drag strip and race against other street bikes and also enjoy the rush from speed, MPH seeing the numbers and the feeling.
I owned a VMAX which held the legend of being the 1/4 mile King for many years. When I was beaten with technology I installed Nitrous to hang with the big bore street bikes on the dragstrip, after blowing 5 engines I got tired and bought a Hayabusa.
Yes, I want the power and I use it but if there is someone else that is building a motorcycle within the same price range then I may. The straw that breaks the camels back will be when a ZX14R passes me and I cant hang with it

Watch out for the 14. Gen-for-gen they are quicker.

Wanna race snow blowers?

P1020640.jpg

I just want the fastest bike I can get stock. I like to drag race and these things are super reliable out of the box. I'm hoping Suzuki does the same as Kawi and builds a badder Busa and all my mods transfer over. If so, I'm buying one.
lol:laugh:

Watch out for the 14. Gen-for-gen they are quicker.

Yes, I know this and will have my azz handed to me when the day comes. Kawi is not out of the question. Dont get me wrong I luv Suzi and she is awesome on 500 mile ride days and all but I need more.
I enjoy the twistes but I love the instant acceleration and speed. I hate to admit but the Hayabusa is not the King Of Power and Speed of the streets at the moment in the Japanese Sport Bike Market.

My question is why do people take it so personally? Just because someone said the Busa isn't the fastest or got beaten by another bike...who cares? I mean really, how does it impact the joy and satifaction a Busa owner has riding their bike? All the head-to-head comparisons mean is that on that day the other bike performed better or had a better rider or the rider was more comfortable on the other bike.

I chose the bikes/cars I have for various reasons...looks, quality, comfort, etc. I ride the crap out of my little Vespa and love it. My self-esteem doesn't take a hit just because another rider looks down on it and sneers at me on the road. Hey, I have a confirmed Harley kill on my Vespa on the Dragon - which is what I tell the "Haters". Most important, riding it makes me happy.

Does it really matter riding on the street, how many of us are going to find this out, if anyone wanted to race me, let them speed off on their own, I'm not going to risk my life or anyone's else for bragging rights.

When I bought my 2008 busa, I bought it mostly for looks.
I have had ten or more people standing around my busa at times just just admiring it, i had a couple one time ask if she could sit on my bike while her boyfriend took a picture of her on my bike.
The busa is by far one of the best looking bikes out there.

Ask yourselves, would you rather be fat and happy or skinny and sad?
I would rather be fat and happy and own a Suzuki Hayabusa:laugh:

I hear ya buss, and I also have a story… We were on our regular Nashville East Side Ride one Saturday… As 10 of us stopped at the Center Hill Dam, our friends had bikes ranging from ZX14, ZX10, BMW 1000RR, Aprilia, CBR’s, etc. To set the scene, we had the bikes lined up looking good; when a couple walks up and ask’s; is that a Hayabusa???? I said yes sir. The guy said AWESOME, the lady said; that is one beautiful motorcycle… My friend on the ZX10 says; “Damn Yuppiesâ€￾… The Hayabusa has been my dream bike since inception, and as far as I am concerned; mine is the fastest (or at least the fastest color)

since i first saw it...i wanted one...its the looks and the fact it can carry my fat azz and my wifes too and do it at crazy stable speeds....nuff said.

The fast I prefer is 0 to 80 mph... or better yet 2nd gear 10 to 80 mph. Stop light to stop light so to speak!

It is called bragging rights. Most never, let me rephrase that, most don`t have the balls to take a bike to its max. But hey, its good to own the fastest, the biggest, the meanest SOB on the planet.

The Busa had its day. It was #1 for many, many years. Most will not forget that. Some want a bike other than a Busa that will out run a Busa. There are a few that will do this, and it is accepted. The Busa has been beat. OK so what? What now? It is still damn fast. Faster than most. Not as fast as a couple.

The new faster bikes pull up and people look them over and ask what is it? When the Busa pulls up, people tell you it is fast. They know greatness when they see greatness.

Long Live "The KING". Beaten, but not dethroned. Want some?

Back