Why care which bike is the fastest...........

Something that I learned while I had the Buell (1125R, rough equivalent to a GSX-R 750 in terms of power and handling.) is that having the fastest or the best handling isn't too important. That Buell handled like a scalpel, I mean it was just amazing leaned over but I found out that carrying that extra corner speed didn't make me any happier than the Busa did. I went over 170 on my GEN1 and while it was a blast since I've done it I don't have the drive to cross it. Don't get me wrong, I'd have loved to held on to the Buell as a track bike and would love to break 200 at Maxton one day. I just don't have the burning desire for it once I tried it, something of a been there done that.

While I'm happy that they put 20ish more ponies in the GEN2 I'm much happier with how they refined it, made it so much smoother, cleaner delivery. Maybe it's cause I'm getting older but having the baddest and fastest isn't the draw for me, it just happens to be part of the package.

Maxton is no longer a venue. Thinking ECTA has moved to Wilmington. I believe Bill Warner ran close to 280 at Maxton.

poser here and could care less what one thinks:moon:. love the bike and it's fast enough for me. personally, the twisties are my gig and to look good while doing it is an added bonus. :laugh:

When I bought my 2008 busa, I bought it mostly for looks.
I have had ten or more people standing around my busa at times just just admiring it, i had a couple one time ask if she could sit on my bike while her boyfriend took a picture of her on my bike.
The busa is by far one of the best looking bikes out there.

Ask yourselves, would you rather be fat and happy or skinny and sad?
I would rather be fat and happy and own a Suzuki Hayabusa:laugh:

I bought mine in 2000 when it was crowned the Fastest- Have ran it at Maxton several times at 3 different meets with a best of 193mph - ran an unoffical 204 mph by Garman GPS on a 3 mile section of road. I love the fact that the 99 and 2000 models are unrestricted and the Fastest bike you can buy. With that being said after going 150 plus so many times that 200 is the new fast to me, I dont care about it as much as I did 10 years ago. Maybe Im getting old or I have the been there done that mind set-I am content now to savor and enjoy the ride on the Fastest Production Motorcycle in the World.

I would have to say it is looks for me as well. I love the lines on the Gen II and have been dreaming about one for the longest. now that i have it i love the power on it as well. I love that i can now ride 7 hours and still have my back intact afterwards:thumbsup: It is definently a great all around bike thats for sure. I can do everything i want....including some good ole power wheelies every now and then. i also like the looks that it gets when it is parked while i am eating. i have seen people almost knock each other over just looking lol

Why do most people buy Harley's? :laugh:

Truth is there are a lot of posers out there and some just want to try and look cool! :banghead:

So.....different strokes for different folks I guess. I never understood people that spend money on cars/bikes/whatever to look at it in a show. If I doesn't make it lighter, faster, more performance oriented in some form,...and you aren't going to use it for that purpose....I don't want it. If I weren't racing my bike, I wouldn't own it.....same for any of my toys.

Then again, I don't watch sports and talk about them all day long. I'd rather be out playing rather then tail gating or talking stats... :whistle:

I see your point. I feel the same but somewhat disagree on the part where people buy things for show. Not everyone wants to buy a high horsepower machine to race it. For instance I am in the Evo community. My Evo is really fast and I do race it. But I also have friends who own evos that put them in shows. They win trophey's, and one of my friends won 100,000 dollars in a car show. He went and bought a brand new R35 Skyline and that is the car he races. Everyone has their own desires when it comes to performance. Cars and bikes can be made to race, and made to show. To each their own. I havent broke the 200mph mark yet. I have had my speedometer maxed out, but also know that at those speeds your bike is actually going slower then what it shows. Ive done it once to be able to say ive done it.

I bought my gen1 Busa back in 1999 brand new. I bought it because it was the fastest, most powerful and the best in the world at the time. Although now i am about to get the new ZZR 1400 to add to my stable after seeing it last Thursday. I will be keeping my gen 1 because it's a legend and after 12 years it's a part of me:thumbsup: (sold my gen 2 last year after two years)

How about, it's quick, it looks good, there is open source tuning for the price of a power commander, turbo kits are available, it looks good, some people like kanji, although I just learned there is a more difficult kanji for hayabusa, which is interesting, and it looks good.

Lamb had his missile on Miller motorsports park with .org folks back in 2007. Thats when all there was was a gen 1! Im sure I was north of 150. The top of 4th gear at the end of the straightaway. Bought the bike because of the lookspowerspeedattitudelooks. It just happens to perform better than it looks. Lamb was expecting that when he purchased his in 2004 dec. But like everyone else here, was pleasantly surprised how responsive, deft, controlled, dont blink, make your head swim, see there, be there kinda ride it really is...and its a girly bike too, it really can do it all!!

As for which bike or caring whos bike is the fastest as the post asks.............. Its Charles Busa...his bike is the fastest!

why? who cares why? why do I own a snow blower that could clear a Walmart parking lot yet have a 40 foot driveway:whistle: cause I can I guess. same reason I own a bike thats faster then most. cause I can and it makes me happy. most people who buy ZO6's rarely take them over a 100 mph but plenty of people buy them.

052.jpg

why? who cares why? why do I own a snow blower that could clear a Walmart parking lot yet have a 40 foot driveway:whistle: cause I can I guess. same reason I own a bike thats faster then most. cause I can and it makes me happy. most people who buy ZO6's rarely take them over a 100 mph but plenty of people buy them.
Wanna race snow blowers?

P1020640.jpg

I just want the fastest bike I can get stock. I like to drag race and these things are super reliable out of the box. I'm hoping Suzuki does the same as Kawi and builds a badder Busa and all my mods transfer over. If so, I'm buying one.

Why? I street ride and once in awhile go to to the drag strip and race against other street bikes and also enjoy the rush from speed, MPH seeing the numbers and the feeling.
I owned a VMAX which held the legend of being the 1/4 mile King for many years. When I was beaten with technology I installed Nitrous to hang with the big bore street bikes on the dragstrip, after blowing 5 engines I got tired and bought a Hayabusa.
Yes, I want the power and I use it but if there is someone else that is building a motorcycle within the same price range then I may. The straw that breaks the camels back will be when a ZX14R passes me and I cant hang with it

Back