Modding the new Pashnit Gen 3 Busa

Congrats on the Gen 3, Tim! Look forward to the modding and riding this year.

Great job as always @pashnit , now after the first year of riding are we gonna see it painted to the pashnit blue?? Just send a little off seeing you with a black busa :laugh:

The black is taking some getting used to. I know there's a whole subset of bikers who love black bikes, but my '00 blue/silver set the bar, and it's been a thing ever since. When Suzuki finally puts out a blue Busa, I'm gonna be real excited.

Suzuki-Hayabusa-GSX1300RR-9A.JPG

This is our near future: Bold new colors.

When they finally issue a yellow Gen3 - can you imagine!?

Suzuki-Hayabusa-GSX1300RR-9.jpg

I mean, wow! How can you not drool all over yourself!

2023-Hayabusa-3 (2).jpg

This Gen3 needs shorty levers.

Always been a fan of levers and any of the old timers around here remember when about 2006, this fad swept motorcycledom and everybody, I mean everybody, bought Pazzos and FP Tactical and ASV and Vortex and CRG and Puig and Vortex. The list is endless.

Then the custom stuff came out and it got even better. I loved this engraved stuff.

levers-2.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpg

And they need to be gold. I have a bunch of levers for Gen2 so thought I’d try what I have lying around the shop, so thought why not...

These are a set of Gen2 levers
20230125_164910 (2).jpg

Left clutch fits fine. No changes there.

20230125_165611.JPG

20230125_165616.JPG

Right side brake master on the Gen3 is completely different from anything I’ve seen before. It has this odd paddle thingy on the end. That also means all the sellers of levers on eBay & Amazon listing Gen2 & Gen3 as the same part numbers are dead wrong. I hate that. Gen2 & Gen3 have completely different brake master cylinders.

20230125_165707.JPG

More bling. Sort of.

I did toss the stock Footpegs right away. You’re going to ask why, and then wonder why I didn’t get dropped Footpegs like Buell pegs or any other number of brands that have gotten on the dropped-footpeg bandwagon. Plus, the travel & tour community loves dropped pegs. Never had an issue with the stock height, even with a 1000-mile day.

My first Busa came with Oberon pegs. Oberon is out of the UK and is still around 20 years later.

oberon_footpegs_lrg.jpg

Oberon installed on my Gen 1

footpegs.jpg

More commonly called Racer Pegs, this style of peg loses the feelers, the weights, and the rubber.

DSC04070.jpg

Last edited:
But for the Gen3 - Oberon Performance doesn't offer a peg yet, so I could continue with this tradition.

The hunt for this style of peg went to eBay and CNC Bob popped up. Close enough.

20230125_175739.JPG

20230125_175804.JPG

Got 'em off eBay - Seems Gen2 & Gen3 pegs are the same - no change

footpegs-cnc-bob-1.JPG

Whaen are you getting a nicer top box :poke:

I actually have three. I've got a Ventura Astro 32L on my TL1000R, a generic no-name (I lost the key) top case and the one I use the most is the Givi Blade 47L. It's functional, it works. Also very expensive. Just the Givi top case will run you about $300.

Haven't tried it out yet but will be changing to 19 tooth front sprocket and stock size on rear. According to Gearing Commander should drop RPM by 216 RPM @ 75mph. Should help out with MPG for touring.

Saw a comment on line about swapping seats. They are the same, said poster about Gen 2 and Gen 3. Are they? Coulda swore we covered this on the Org. Hey, i have both seats.

Not the same. Tabs in different positions.
20230301_142631.jpg

20230301_142640.jpg

20230301_142622.jpg

I have always swapped out the seat on my Hayabusa(s). Haven't decided what to do with this bike yet. I like to buy seats used. There's someone always selling something. Lots of fancy seats out there, but $500 for a custom-made seat (Russell, Day-Long) is too rich for my blood right now. But this bike is so new, there's not much out there yet on the used market. Through the years, I've done Corbin and Tobin/New Image, and custom-made even. Zero Gravity Latigo (super rare) was oddly my favorite on the Gen2, although a used one just popped up on this site the other day. I ended up settling for a used Corbin for my Gen2.

My days on the bike are generally 300-500 miles per day and if I ever do another 1000-mile-day for an Iron Butt Ride, I can add an AirHawk seat pad and those were great for that type of riding.

My new Gen3 came with a cut seat, meaning the original owner took the stock seat apart and reshaped it and stapled it back together. Adding that curvature cutout makes it surprisingly comfortable. So likely some more miles are needed to figure out what I'm gonna do. And I'll just wait for a used one to pop up someday.

20230125_092411.JPG

20230125_092206.JPG

I have always swapped out the seat on my Hayabusa(s). Haven't decided what to do with this bike yet. I like to buy seats used. There's someone always selling something. Lots of fancy seats out there, but $500 for a seat is too rich for my blood right now. But this bike is so new, there's not much out there yet on the used market. Through the years, I've done Corbin and Tobin/New Image, and custom-made even. Zero Gravity Latigo (super rare) was oddly my favorite on the Gen2, although a used one just popped up on this site the other day. I ended up settling for a used Corbin for my Gen2.

My new Gen3 came with a cut seat, meaning the original owner took the stock seat apart and reshaped it and stapled it back together. Adding that curvature cutout makes it surprisingly comfortable. So likely some more miles are needed to figure out what I'm gonna do. And I'll just wait for a used one to pop up someday.

View attachment 1663459

View attachment 1663458
It really is a shame the previous owner decided to put that camp stuff on there....

My 3rd Busa came with a Tobin, (I don't think we call them Tobins anymore, that's a really old term), I gave this away to a buddy of mine. These seats look cool, but they are very thin padding since it's all been cut out to create this shape. If you're on the inseam challenged side, these seat work great to drop you down an inch.

08-Busa-2.jpg

I put a used Corbin on my Gen2. But, it's as hard as they say, but it was easily good for 3-500 mile days.

08-Busa-13.jpg

corbin-seat-1.jpg

Back