Predictions for cost of 1-year-old 2022 Hayabusa

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
The premise of this thread is to watch the price of a 2022 Hayabusa come down over time.

Or... what do you predict I will have to pay for a 1-year-old 2022 Hayabusa? I would like to purchase one a year from today, so what are your predictions for going cost for a used one?

I'm not much of an early adopter and have no issues with buying used. I'll have to sell my '08 and my TL1000R + saving my pennies to pay cash. Furthermore, I'm guessing $15000 cash for a used 1-year-old 2022 with low miles.

I have purchased three bikes in a row sight-unseen from out-of-state (MN, IA, WA) and shipped them to myself. It was cheaper to buy outside California, despite the $500 ship cost to get it to CA. The catch is to bring an out-of-state bike into CA, it has to have at least 7500 miles on it to register it here, so I doubt I'll be able to find a 1-yr-old 2022 Hayabusa with 7500 miles on it. I ride 10k per year, so not many people likely ride that much.

Craigs List Sacramento
1638904495393.png

Today's ebay. We're already at 17400 in MA for brand new. 17500 in IA.

1638904546800.png

Last edited:
IMO it might come down to how available the 2023 models are.
If there suck on a ship and dealers don't have them then I think most used ones
will keep there value.
Used cars are selling for high prices partly because of the chip shortage and new cars
are not as available as they normally are.
It will be interesting to see what colors are going to be in 2023.
A new color that someone just can't live without, might make then sell there 2022 that
they never really loved the color of anyways.

IMO it might come down to how available the 2023 models are.
If there suck on a ship and dealers don't have them then I think most used ones
will keep there value.
Used cars are selling for high prices partly because of the chip shortage and new cars
are not as available as they normally are.
It will be interesting to see what colors are going to be in 2023.
A new color that someone just can't live without, might make then sell there 2022 that
There are brand new bikes sitting at dealerships still even after all the release hype...I figure the gen 3 will go the way of all other generations and drop in price or sit on showroom floors forever. Hayabusas and most sport bikes are a hard sell.....

Probably a small percentage of riders planning on buying a gen3, but won't buy the first year of anything new.
Maybe after it's sat in the showroom year, and others have had time to prove they don't have gremlins.
Reading a gen3 insurance thread yesterday had me feeling not so bad, as guys in their 50's and 60's with clean driving records are paying ridiculous insurance on them also, $1500-$2k+ a year.
Which is bs, and another deterant.
Global motorcycle sales numbers continue to be down for the umpteenth year in a row too.

I'm on the color band wagon. I would love a blue Gen3 Hayabusa. Back when the teaser videos came out, I screenshot this from the video. Not everyone is into black - i'm not but would settle for black.

I'd put gold rims on it the day after I got a black 2022.

A yellow Gen3 looks amazing too!

Suzuki-Hayabusa-GSX1300RR-9.jpg

See that blue? That's mine.

Suzuki-Hayabusa-GSX1300RR-9A.JPG

I like all those color combos. I love the yellow, and the orange looks good too. Or is that gold ?.

Honestly, I wanted a new out of the box one, and that's what I got. I guess I could have waited a year, but maybe two years out, they'll get affordable.

By the way Tim, when you get it, you'll be quite impressed. Now what about that TLR ???:thumbsup:

I'm on the color band wagon. I would love a blue Gen3 Hayabusa. Back when the teaser videos came out, I screenshot this from the video. Not everyone is into black - i'm not but would settle for black.

I'd put gold rims on it the day after I got a black 2022.

A yellow Gen3 looks amazing too!

View attachment 1644497

See that blue? That's mine.

View attachment 1644498
If anyone at Suzuki had more than one brain cell amongst them, they would have rolled out the gen 3 in 2019 and it would have been available in copper/silver like the original...

I still have it! But it does have to be sold next spring. Gotta fund the next bike.
I put 15k on it in a year, and it runs like a top (30k now). But Busa is better for the kind of riding I do. Wouldja believe I rode this thing across Nevada & back, bone stock seat & bars.

View attachment 1644500

View attachment 1644501
What's the price?
I'm a sucker for those...and good ones rarely come up.
I plan on another gsxr1k...but a good TL might break in line.
I plan to buy a bike in spring, and
I've been lining everything up lately too.

And back to the original post, It's funny when the 22's where announced, dealers sold out, but just about everywhere you go, you can find them on the showroom floors.

The price jump this year from the Gen 2 is huge. Before the Gen 3 showed up around here you could but a Gen 2 for $12999 out the door.

Then all bikes went up as well as the economy, I dont see them coming down for a while.. Its crazy.

In Germany we have a massive price drop. Suzuki Germany will sell the bikes for 18.500 EUR plus 400 EUR Transport. Makes 18.900 EUR. But most Dealers sell them between 15.800 and 16.800. New Bikes or max. 100 Miles on the dash! They say, for the original price, they had no chance to sell the Busas.

Some told me, next year, its going to be 13.500 for Bikes with less than 3000 Miles on it. The market is currently looking bad, with many delivery difficulties at the manufacturers. The bikes are sold at a high price, and there is a fear that no more deliveries will come to Germany. Only at Busa is the interest now so low that the price has to be massively reduced. The Media tells us "buy, buy, buy...next year there will be not enough bikes on the market, or they will be getting extreme expensive..... Crazy World...

Yep, and plenty of quicker and better bikes out there...but there's nothing like them...not even other v-twins.
Classic.
I've always liked the TLs...my friend who owns a bike shop had a yellow TLR when they sold Suzuki...it was his personal bike and he spent a lot of time and energy on it...it was one serious bike...but as he was a dealership and everything is for sale, he sold it...

1 week to the day after he sold it, it came back in pieces so it could be written off through insurance...he told me there was not really one part left on that bike that wasn't scratched or broken...

Another friend had an SV1K but it had no soul..

Sorry brother @pashnit ...we've gotten a long way off your post here I think.....

Back