Predictions for cost of 1-year-old 2022 Hayabusa

I've always liked the TLs...my friend who owns a bike shop had a yellow TLR when they sold Suzuki...it was his personal bike and he spent a lot of time and energy on it...it was one serious bike...but as he was a dealership and everything is for sale, he sold it...

1 week to the day after he sold it, it came back in pieces so it could be written off through insurance...he told me there was not really one part left on that bike that wasn't scratched or broken...

Another friend had an SV1K but it had no soul..

Sorry brother @pashnit ...we've gotten a long way off your post here I think.....
No aplogies!
He started it!
And GixerHP agged him on!

With the current market / everything is worth more now I do not think a 1 year old 7500 mile bird will be priced much under a current new GEN 3 . You might find that in a year or two a gen 3 might be sitting on a floor collecting dust and could be had @ 14,999 to 16K .

You only ride 10K a year ? Dad of three has 10K in 170 days on his Gen 3 maybe hit him up for his bike so he can buy another ;) I felt bad that this year looks like only 16,xxx k so far , and doubt Ill get much more than a few hundred miles in by 1/1/22

There is someone near Toronto Ontario who has one for $23k with 19 kms on it...he said he bought it but never rode it...the description speaks on him having 2 of them...I guess he sold the other one...

There is a saying in Germany "Every day a fool gets up". Sometimes i wonder, how some dealers think. Even here in Germany, some of them, have prices for busas.....3000 EUR above the usual price, other dealers want. How will he ever sell this bike? But then i remember the saying......

Some dealers are to greedy......but if they only wait long enough, some day a fool will enter their shop.

23k for new Busa in CN seems to balance out

1639068566348.png

Considering myself and several others purchased 2022's back in July for $16,250-850 why even buy used when you might only save a couple hundred bucks in this market?

If you want one, work an extra day or two and just go get it without waiting and worrying. I mean sure you'll eventually find a steal for $13k or less but it could be another month or another couple years waiting for a price. Heck, some people want $12k for 2008 models right now... :eek:

Probably a small percentage of riders planning on buying a gen3, but won't buy the first year of anything new.
Maybe after it's sat in the showroom year, and others have had time to prove they don't have gremlins.
Reading a gen3 insurance thread yesterday had me feeling not so bad, as guys in their 50's and 60's with clean driving records are paying ridiculous insurance on them also, $1500-$2k+ a year.
Which is bs, and another deterant.
Global motorcycle sales numbers continue to be down for the umpteenth year in a row too.

What thread? Something odd because those prices are crazy unless they've got a bad record or credit..lol

What thread? Something odd because those prices are crazy unless they've got a bad record or credit..lol
I don't know it's name, but it's recent.
I'm 44, no tickets in 20 years, great credit, cdlA, low crime rate here, I have a perfect insurance score(0 claims)...and don't get me started on high insurance rates...mine Always have been, and at every company, and no one can explain it.
Liability it is, F em.

The premise of this thread is to watch the price of a 2022 Hayabusa come down over time.

Or... what do you predict I will have to pay for a 1-year-old 2022 Hayabusa? I would like to purchase one a year from today, so what are your predictions for going cost for a used one?

I'm not much of an early adopter and have no issues with buying used. I'll have to sell my '08 and my TL1000R + saving my pennies to pay cash. Furthermore, I'm guessing $15000 cash for a used 1-year-old 2022 with low miles.

I have purchased three bikes in a row sight-unseen from out-of-state (MN, IA, WA) and shipped them to myself. It was cheaper to buy outside California, despite the $500 ship cost to get it to CA. The catch is to bring an out-of-state bike into CA, it has to have at least 7500 miles on it to register it here, so I doubt I'll be able to find a 1-yr-old 2022 Hayabusa with 7500 miles on it. I ride 10k per year, so not many people likely ride that much.

Craigs List Sacramento
View attachment 1644480

Today's ebay. We're already at 17400 in MA for brand new. 17500 in IA.

View attachment 1644481
Most of the unmolested Gen2's with low mileage on Cycle Trader are listed above $12,000.

If you are in CA and really want a Gen3, best would be to pull the plug second quarter next year. It is hard to predict, but with the inflation rate now bestowed upon us by the new administration, prices are unlikely to go down. The motorcycle market seems to be rebounding.

Nothing beats a Virgin when you are the first owner.

Good luck.

Insurance for me on the new Busa will be $2200.00 - 60 yrs old, live in the middle of no-where, no tickets ever but that is the price to play up here in Ontario at least. New bike was 23,000 cdn dollars +++ and will be order # 3 of 5 coming to Ontario for all of this coming year being 2022. Everything is changing - yes, Prices are crazy - yes, but if you want to ride one - thats the price to play! My Shelby with 750 HP insurance is only 750.00 bucks - I guess you cant get a break on everything despite my age :)

Insurance for me on the new Busa will be $2200.00 - 60 yrs old, live in the middle of no-where, no tickets ever but that is the price to play up here in Ontario at least.
what :eek:- i paid £155 fully comprehensive 60 year old full no claims/no ticket with 10,000 miles per year allowance = $204

They retail for $27,690 AUD with no extras including the freebie servicing that overseas are getting, one sold local (Brisbane) last week for $21,000 with 400kms on the clock and around $1000 of genuine accessories added. There is plenty sitting in dealers which will be discounted come 2022.

Back