Predictions for cost of 1-year-old 2022 Hayabusa

Thats soo sad, but, its gonna be true sooner than later..Everyone sooo concerned with wiping ic engines of the world, but, no one thinkin about the electrical load on the power grids to keep em charged up..lol

Here, all the infastructure is soo old, that it excessive hot days, ya get brownouts, etc..

Then, they want everyone to come with their flashlight cars, and plug the 2 cars everone has, into a twin, 40 amp draw 240 outlet..LOL, for a 80 amp draw, then, when the grids cant handle it, they aint going to work next day..and if you happen to misjudge ur charge, aint no walkin to, or callin anyone to bring u fuel, its the tow truck..

I'll keep my hemi's, thank u

Yep, with tax, tag, and title, in my state, or out of state with me paying those at the Dmv in my state, it's still looking like around $21k
I don't want to pay that.
I think I can find it for several grand cheaper...that will pay for exhaust, flash, and several more mods.
It looks like a great machine...but $21k great...I don't know.
We'll see what warmer weather does for pricing.
The thing really bothering me is that I could've preordered this, gotten a cowl and jacket...and paid around $2500 less, now they're sitting at dealers everywhere and most want retail...plus fees...or retail after adding the fees.
I really want one.
I can go buy one.
But...a fool and his money are soon parted.
Not happy with all the prices I'm seeing.

Thats soo sad, but, its gonna be true sooner than later..Everyone sooo concerned with wiping ic engines of the world, but, no one thinkin about the electrical load on the power grids to keep em charged up..lol

Here, all the infastructure is soo old, that it excessive hot days, ya get brownouts, etc..

Then, they want everyone to come with their flashlight cars, and plug the 2 cars everone has, into a twin, 40 amp draw 240 outlet..LOL, for a 80 amp draw, then, when the grids cant handle it, they aint going to work next day..and if you happen to misjudge ur charge, aint no walkin to, or callin anyone to bring u fuel, its the tow truck..

I'll keep my hemi's, thank u
I just read where Paris going to ban all gas powered 2 wheelers starting soon...

This dealer in Oklahoma has had this on sale for at least 3 months. Not much interest, even at this great price - $15,983 OTD

"$15,983 OUT THE DOOR. THE 15,983 INCLUDES ALL FREIGHT; PREP AND DOC FEES. # SM0636 1 Miles"

I'm in the same boat as you @pashnit - I will be buying one paying cash when the price dips just bit more. I do love the matte silver over red.

Spankin' new dealer OTD price in Oklahoma

1643059031793.png

I purchased my Busa new last September. I added a Yoshi full titanium exhaust, and I’m waiting for the ECU crack to get it tuned. When I’m done having fun on “Aaliyah”, I’ll sell her to the highest bidder. I have VIN #68. These bikes “may” end up as collector’s items FYI.

Probably a small percentage of riders planning on buying a gen3, but won't buy the first year of anything new.
Maybe after it's sat in the showroom year, and others have had time to prove they don't have gremlins.
Reading a gen3 insurance thread yesterday had me feeling not so bad, as guys in their 50's and 60's with clean driving records are paying ridiculous insurance on them also, $1500-$2k+ a year.
Which is bs, and another deterant.
Global motorcycle sales numbers continue to be down for the umpteenth year in a row too.
$55 a month full coverage for insurance at 50yrs old. No way I'd pay over a grand.

$55 a month full coverage for insurance at 50yrs old. No way I'd pay over a grand.
It is what it is.
I'm 44, cdlA, motorcycle license, no tickets in 20+years, great credit, zero insurance claims, low crime rate area, have my truck, my house, and my DRZ400 all with Progressive, etc, etc.
I've tried everywhere, $1200 a year is it.
Sucks, but as said, is what it is, no ryhme or reason and no one can explain it.
I hate insurance companies.

It is what it is.
I'm 44, cdlA, motorcycle license, no tickets in 20+years, great credit, zero insurance claims, low crime rate area, have my truck, my house, and my DRZ400 all with Progressive, etc, etc.
Sucks, but as said, is what it is, no ryhme or reason and no one can explain it.
Same quote. $100/month. Just 48 and live in the (near) boonies of AK.

"Its big and fast....so easy to crash."
- Every insurance company, everywhere

It is what it is.

42, no tickets in a very, very long time, zero claims, great credit, out of a major city, parked inside, etc... $60/month full coverage. I still hate knowing I paid about the same rate when I was insuring my SLC that was worth many more times than the busa, although limited on 3k/yr miles.

Last edited:
Once my insurance climbs to a point where I think it is beyond reason, the Bumblebee will be finding another garden to sniff flowers in....

It was one of the first bike of which I called the insurance company first before buying....if they would have quoted me some stupid number, it would have stayed where it was.

What saves me here is our short riding season and my location which is primarily rural.

Wow!
$3600 off...just like that
That's what I'm talking about!
Now $14,999 plus taxes

Cal Coast Motorsports in Ventura, CA

Hello all, new guy here. I've been lurking. I put a deposit down and have a contract to purchase the bike from Cal Coast! Once it's all said and done, I'll post the details.

This thread and forum has been very helpful with pricing and insurance quote expectations (Gadzooks!), and was instrumental in my ability to strike a deal.

I've been active on the Ninja400 and VTX forums, and looking forward to being a part of the awesomeness you've built here! The Hayabusa is a dream bike that I'm still in awe of obtaining.

What is actual cost drive out?
Good morning, I will post specifics as soon as it's final like vinyl. What I will say, is that out the door with all fees/taxes was still less than msrp. This was the last one at Cal Coast. Van Nuys has two and is willing to deal, almost as good. Simi Valley Cycles sold their last busa and don't think they will get more until much later.

I think you can be out the door for $18.5 on a silver 2022 at Van Nuys, maybe a bit less. I spoke with Mark.

Back