Predictions for cost of 1-year-old 2022 Hayabusa

Well the deal has been closed, and this beauty is now in my garage. The dealer tacked on $2149 above the $14.9 price. I went back and forth with them and other dealers until I got what I figured was the best I could do currently in SoCal. $18k out the door and worth it to me.

Well the deal has been closed, and this beauty is now in my garage. The dealer tacked on $2149 above the $14.9 price. I went back and forth with them and other dealers until I got what I figured was the best I could do currently in SoCal. $18k out the door and worth it to me.
Otd for under retail is what I Always paid for new bikes, and what I'm waiting for on a gen3.
$600 under retail otd is a great deal in this market.
Congrats.

Congrats! Glad you ended with a decent deal. I hate when they advertise a sweet price and then tack on $2149 in fees,..BS!

Congrats! Glad you ended with a decent deal. I hate when they advertise a sweet price and then tack on $2149 in fees,..BS!
Yes, this ADM practice is madness. I get tax, reg and title/doc. Some of these dealers have gotten pretty sly with their explanation of increased gas surcharges causing freight to go up, and some other bs excuses. I've learned not to haggle on those fees line by line. I made otd offers based on nationwide and local pricing/recent sales. The dealers either played ball or not. Kinda used car salesman practice to list such a low price online to get you in the door. The dealer I settled on had more adm than the closest in stock competitor who advertised no adm/no add on fees, yet still beat him on otd price. I probably would have made the same decision even if their ADM was $5k, as long as the out the door price was the lowest.

Probably a small percentage of riders planning on buying a gen3, but won't buy the first year of anything new.
Maybe after it's sat in the showroom year, and others have had time to prove they don't have gremlins.
Reading a gen3 insurance thread yesterday had me feeling not so bad, as guys in their 50's and 60's with clean driving records are paying ridiculous insurance on them also, $1500-$2k+ a year.
Which is bs, and another deterant.
Global motorcycle sales numbers continue to be down for the umpteenth year in a row too.
Here in the states with gridlock traffic jams happening more than ever you would think people would consider getting on 2 wheels more than they do now.

I have put my 2022 for sale in Washington state for $17K, only 3600 miles on it. Please spread the word if you know someone. I'm covering the shipping cost to ship out of state

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2022-Suzuki-HAYABUSA+1340-5020544970

please let me know if you have any questions

Ha I saw that. :rolleyes: Priced to sell. Needs 7500 miles on the clock to register it in CA. Maybe a 3500-mile trip from OR to CA would work. :D

1650487370082.png

Imagine under 7500 miles ur paying CA tax?

No.
You're not allowed to register & plate an out-of-state bike in California unless it has 7500 miles on it at time of sale because an out-of-state bike doesn't have CA Emissions on it. Your non-CA Hayabusa, for example doesn't have the charcoal canister in the right rear tail bulb. CA bikes do. If it's got 7500+ miles on it, no issues bringing in a bike plated in another state. Stupid rule, but that's just the way it is. And yes, you pay sales tax on a private sale bike (again) for whatever you declare the sales price as. I'm annoyed just thinking about this. :redface:

No.
You're not allowed to register & plate an out-of-state bike in California unless it has 7500 miles on it at time of sale because an out-of-state bike doesn't have CA Emissions on it. Your non-CA Hayabusa, for example doesn't have the charcoal canister in the right rear tail bulb. CA bikes do. If it's got 7500+ miles on it, no issues bringing in a bike plated in another state. Stupid rule, but that's just the way it is. And yes, you pay sales tax on a private sale bike (again) for whatever you declare the sales price as. I'm annoyed just thinking about this. :redface:
I thought the CA and 49-state thing went away years ago….thought all bikes are 50-state compliant.
Am I mistaken?

Few more -

I thought the CA and 49-state thing went away years ago….thought all bikes are 50-state compliant.
Am I mistaken?

I guess some are and some aren’t. Some years back I registered a 1,047 mile six year old Montana registered Ducati in California. I had to remove a side fairing so the DMV examiner could check the motor number. Passed, so I suppose it was a 50 state bike and somehow exempt, used with under 7,500 miles.

The bike is expensive, I think that there will be a drop of about 2-3k dollars for the left overs… Like the Gen 2. Otherwise very few will buy them. When that will happen? In about 1-2 years .. Maybe I am wrong of course . I was doing a bit of research for discounts and I found only one place close to Cincinnati to have 800 dollars discount and no fees. Maybe in a couple of months more dealers will drop the price a bit.

Last edited:
Back