Modding the new Pashnit Gen 3 Busa

Yep, Suzuki said the seats are different, as is the shape of the tank there.
This was immediately noticeable to me the first time I sat on the gen3.
Much better than the gen2.
Cut a center section of the seat foam out, like a Saddleman seat, it makes a huge difference.

The Zero Gravity Latigo - They didn't make many of these seats, so not many out there. I liked it though. The firmness was perfect.

zero_gravity_seat_5.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC02099.jpg

The stock seat on the Gen2 was good for about 200 miles before you start squirming, but it was a flat seat and that was the problem. Maybe I should be getting those padded bike shorts.

DSC08426.jpg

But on my Gen1, I recovered the stock seat with a Second Look Seat Cover, and it was great. It matched the lines perfectly.

Fairing-Screens-DSC05292.jpg

I had a Tobin made for me, and this seat felt great, looked cool, but had zero padding. It sort of made up for the lack of padding with the curvature. This type of cut seat has been around for a long time, and they are still making them.

Fairing-Screens-DSC02096.jpg

All this behooves the question, what to do with the Gen3?

I think this is a seat cover?
seat-1.png

Brocks/Corbin?
seat-corbin-5.jpg

Custom?
seat-black-gold-2.JPG

Corbin.
I had 5 or 6 seats on my gen2, and I thought it was the best too.
The Brocks looks awful for anything other than the dragracing it was intended for.
I can't imagine being stuck in that pocket for any length of time.
In the meantime, get an electric kitchen knife and doctor the stock seat.
If you cut out a Saddleman groove and dislike it, just push the cut out block of foam back in place.
If you cut an edge off, and want it back on, spray glue will hold it, as well as adding foam.
I've modded alot of seats, and I prefer the medium density foam, and keep a big block of it on hand.
As the firm foam is hard, and the soft just crushes into uncomfortable shapes.
The stock covers will stretch some too if you add foam.

Corbin.
I had 5 or 6 seats on my gen2, and I thought it was the best too.
The Brocks looks awful for anything other than the dragracing it was intended for.
I can't imagine being stuck in that pocket for any length of time.
In the meantime, get an electric kitchen knife and doctor the stock seat.
If you cut out a Saddleman groove and dislike it, just push the cut out block of foam back in place.
If you cut an edge off, and want it back on, spray glue will hold it, as well as adding foam.
I've modded alot of seats, and I prefer the medium density foam, and keep a big block of it on hand.
As the firm foam is hard, and the soft just crushes into uncomfortable shapes.
The stock coverT
That Brocks isnt as bad as you think. I was extremely worried about it. My first ride was less than ideal at first. It felt awful for the first 10 minutes. Then I forgot all about it. Didnt even notice there was a hump there. Each time I get on it im like hey this is off then it gets comfortable. Your butt molds into it and its great. You can peg the hell out of the throttle and it holds you there. OEM seat id be fighting to stay in place.

That Brocks isnt as bad as you think. I was extremely worried about it. My first ride was less than ideal at first. It felt awful for the first 10 minutes. Then I forgot all about it. Didnt even notice there was a hump there. Each time I get on it im like hey this is off then it gets comfortable. Your butt molds into it and its great. You can peg the hell out of the throttle and it holds you there. OEM seat id be fighting to stay in place.

Seats are a personal preference.
That seat is designed very similiar to the old Tobin/New Image, and like them, you are stuck against the tank, and can't slide back.
I sit towards the rear of the seat, ride like a wet noodle, and slide all over it and off the sides.
When I pin the throttle, my weight is on the pegs, with a light grip on the bars, and I'm slid All the back when I want to tuck under the windshield.
I also don't want to sit any lower than stock.
Thanks, but I would hate that seat, it's not for me.

The black is taking some getting used to. I know there's a whole subset of bikers who love black bikes, but my '00 blue/silver set the bar, and it's been a thing ever since. When Suzuki finally puts out a blue Busa, I'm gonna be real excited.

View attachment 1663399

This is our near future: Bold new colors.

When they finally issue a yellow Gen3 - can you imagine!?

View attachment 1663398

I mean, wow! How can you not drool all over yourself!

View attachment 1663397
I'm not a big fan of black bikes, for those that have black bikes it is nice for the blending in factor when doing a some things that might not be quite legal but I feel my bright red bike does make me think a little extra before being too stupid for the fact I can easily be pointed out. Now that blue busa right there says pashnit all over it,I definitely expect to see yours look that way one day :thumbsup:

If the gen 2 and 3 pegs interchange couldn't you have gotten the Oberon for the gen 2 and used them?

In hindsight... You would think Speedy Gonzalez over here with the clickety-buy-now-fingers would do that kind of homework, but no, late night eBay shopping and done. I never checked if they were the same. Oh well. ;)

Akrapovic Carbon Fiber 4-in-1 exhaust

I didn’t put on this pipe, it came with the bike, but it’s one of the number one topic for new bikes. Which pipe?
This bike came with an Akrapovic 4-in-1 and it looks awesome. Number 1 question I’ve got already, is this a Gen3 pipe? I think so, I sorta can find it on their site. I think this bike looks best with twin pipes, but my Gen1 had a HMF carbon fiber 4-in-1 and it looked awesome. This bike does too.

20230125_092330.JPG

20230125_092206.JPG

I don't need a loud bike, not my thing, and my days of trying to impress hot chicks with my loud exhaust have long since passed.

I bolted the optional noise damper in right away, this shot is without the option noise dampener - the threaded hole is how it bolts in & is easily removed.

20230125_092609.JPG

Givi Top Case

If you’re a purist, just keep scrolling, you’re not going to like this next mod. Purist seem to get triggered by these. It ruins the lines. Whatever.

For nearly 20 years, I used RKA 50L soft saddlebags. If you’re going to ride one big ride a year, soft bags are perfect. Simple, easy to remove and handy.

DSC08433.jpg

I also used a Ventura Rack plus sent it off to be painted to color match my Gen2. I looked awesome but it wasn't designed to carry any weight. I also have a Ventura Rack on my TL1000R, but I've had to get it re-welded twice by the town welder. It's not designed for any heavy weight.

DSC05718.jpg

If you’re going to tour & travel, get hard bags. Do I need hard saddlebags, no. The motorcycle tours I run are 3 & 4 day out and back rides, these tours are designed for working stiffs who have jobs, kids, spouses, and what we carry on these rides is minimal. I travel very light.

Top cases ruin the lines of the Hayabusa. I agree with you. But… Form over function? Or is it function over form? One of those.

20230127_192703.JPG

20230127_194135.JPG

20230127_194148.JPG

Last edited:
Back