Predictions for cost of 1-year-old 2022 Hayabusa

The bike is expensive, I think that there will be a drop of about 2-3k dollars for the left overs… Like the Gen 2. Otherwise very few will buy them. When that will happen? In about 1-2 years .. Maybe I am wrong of course . I was doing a bit of research for discounts and I found only one place close to Cincinnati to have 800 dollars discount and no fees. Maybe in a couple of months more dealers will drop the price a bit.
They really aren’t expensive considering what’s out right now. Not to mention many models from other brands are going away very soon because of Euro5. 2023’s are already hitting dealers so keep shopping $16k OTD + tax seems to be the best prices still.

They really aren’t expensive considering what’s out right now. Not to mention many models from other brands are going away very soon because of Euro5. 2023’s are already hitting dealers so keep shopping $16k OTD + tax seems to be the best prices still.
I have never paid more than $13k + taxes for a new Hayabusa, but times change.. I pay around 10.5% in sales tax where I live. I do not think that so many are eager to drop almost $20k for a Busa, and I am curious to see the sales number (ZX14 is discontinued..).

Last edited:
Bike is still slowly coming down in price into my comfort range. Still looking to buy a black California titled bike in November/ December. $16750 with 1800 miles in PA.

Screenshot_20220914-172843_Facebook.jpg

The premise of this thread is to watch the price of a 2022 Hayabusa come down over time.

Or... what do you predict I will have to pay for a 1-year-old 2022 Hayabusa? I would like to purchase one a year from today, so what are your predictions for going cost for a used one?

I'm not much of an early adopter and have no issues with buying used. I'll have to sell my '08 and my TL1000R + saving my pennies to pay cash. Furthermore, I'm guessing $15000 cash for a used 1-year-old 2022 with low miles.

I have purchased three bikes in a row sight-unseen from out-of-state (MN, IA, WA) and shipped them to myself. It was cheaper to buy outside California, despite the $500 ship cost to get it to CA. The catch is to bring an out-of-state bike into CA, it has to have at least 7500 miles on it to register it here, so I doubt I'll be able to find a 1-yr-old 2022 Hayabusa with 7500 miles on it. I ride 10k per year, so not many people likely ride that much.

Craigs List Sacramento
View attachment 1644480

Today's ebay. We're already at 17400 in MA for brand new. 17500 in IA.

View attachment 1644481

I have never paid more than $13k + taxes for a new Hayabusa, but times change.. I pay around 10.5% in sales tax where I live. I do not think that so many are eager to drop almost $20k for a Busa, and I am curious to see the sales number (ZX14 is discontinued..).

Every Gen has had a slight increase…

Gen-1’s sold for $9-12k. (Paid $9,016)
Gen-2’s $10-15k (paid $10,500)
Gen-3 $16-20k (paid $16,850)

It’s not that people are eager to spend $20k on a Busa, it’s more people with the disposable income are spending $35-40-60k+ on Ducati’s V4R’s, M1000RR’s, etc and other special or rarer models.

Mix matched bodywork usually means it’s been crashed and still asking more than you can get a brand new bike for…

Mix matched bodywork usually means it’s been crashed and still asking more than you can get a brand new bike for…

It is possible that the belly pan, meter panels, and side fairing were swapped at the dealership from a new bike or even ordered. One can find that out and possibly validate it with the paperwork. Since I like it better I automatically thought that it was a new swap.

Every Gen has had a slight increase…

Gen-1’s sold for $9-12k. (Paid $9,016)
Gen-2’s $10-15k (paid $10,500)
Gen-3 $16-20k (paid $16,850)

It’s not that people are eager to spend $20k on a Busa, it’s more people with the disposable income are spending $35-40-60k+ on Ducati’s V4R’s, M1000RR’s, etc and other special or rarer models.
I just started inquiring on new pricing for a 2023 in black. Find myself in the bandwagon looking at a ducati streetfighter w/ the V4 in parallel to the busa. Or even a S1000XR. But, I am hoping there is a dealer willing to negotiate a deal on a 23.

Dealer in Atlanta just quoted me $22.6k OTD, and would knock $500 off. Seems a bit ridiculous
This is ridiculous, I see online that 2023s are $18k, and some places do not charge hidden fees. Check online and you will see. As far as I can see the bike does not sell, the 2022s are unsold, and I think that the price will significantly drop. I do not say that it does not worth the $$, but Suzuki is still not a BMW or a Ducati ( I have never owned a European bike).

It is possible that the belly pan, meter panels, and side fairing were swapped at the dealership from a new bike or even ordered. One can find that out and possibly validate it with the paperwork. Since I like it better I automatically thought that it was a new swap.
Not likely since it’s costly on a brand new bike, who does that? The tail is still blue with the black which makes zero sense, my guess it’s been damaged and repaired poorly.

Exactly.. Shop around.. I bought my last one from a dealer 600 miles away if I remember well and I had professionals to bring it home ($600 cost).

Latest peek at Craigs List, Cycle Trader & MotoHunt.com has the 2022 Hayabusa finally dipping into the high $15s

Starting to seem crazy to pay $17k for a bone stock used '22 when you can pick this up for less than $16k

1665885269505.png

Back