Black Hayabusa with bagster

Busa3Fan

Registered
After a 500 km trip, I managed to scratch a bit a small part of my tank, and now I want to install a bagster/tank protector.

I consider the tank pads to be risky.

Have any of you a black Hayabusa with a black bagster installed so I can see how it fits?

How is the bagster installed?

Cheers!

After a 500 km trip, I managed to scratch a bit a small part of my tank, and now I want to install a bagster/tank protector.

I consider the tank pads to be risky.

Have any of you a black Hayabusa with a black bagster installed so I can see how it fits?

Cheers!
i have the white busa now, i have been talking to bagster about a tank cover , they are doing the black ones now, i have had them on my previous bikes , they will take any bagster tank bag , which are quickly detachable , i prefer the bagster bags as they follow the line of the tank, there are others which fit to the top of the tank filler , but i personally think they stand up too high, bagster fit very easily with the hook on straps, i picked a chip up on my previous sx h2 , was a nightmare to try and blend the metallic green paint in ededed up with stickers on the tank, if only my tank cover had came earlier. i think i have a picture of one on my last z 1000sx,may give you an idea will try and load it for you , like i said the gen3 black covers are available now , tyring to sort out a white one for mine

bagster tank cover 1.jpg

There are two small clips on the left & right sides to cinch it tight to the sides of the Busa tank. In front, a long strap goes around the steering head. In the rear, a strap cinches around the tank pivot bracket.

They fit like a glove. The tank bags are universal, and I buy them used from eBay. If you buy the tank cover direct from France, they take a while to get. I've waited up to two months to get one. Every once in a while, a used tank cover in the color you want will pop up used on eBay.

DSC08434.jpg

Tim is the reason I have always run Bagster tank bags and protectors. They have a loop that goes around the triple tree, clips on the sides, the new one (21-22')has another set of straps in the back by the saddle.

As far as convenience, ease of use, and capacity they're awesome. I've never gotten a scratch underneath the tank protector. I even use the tank bag as a backpack while I'm driving around in the truck. I've become so used to it. But like I said, it's all because of Tim.

I do short trips, and long long trips with that tank bag underneath my face. Worth the investment. I even slip a GPS in the top cover because it's clear and you can see through it so all I have to do is look down.

If you expand the EVOsign bag all the way up you have to look over it to see the gauges, but it's a 20-30 liter bag. Any other time it's perfectly easy to see right over the top of it and keep an eye on your gauge cluster.

59183D4F-C23E-4AEC-900D-FFD3206228BE.jpeg

I knew I had a picture around here somewhere.

Last edited:
There are two small clips on the left & right sides to cinch it tight to the sides of the Busa tank. In front, a long strap goes around the steering head. In the rear, a strap cinches around the tank pivot bracket.

They fit like a glove. The tank bags are universal, and I buy them used from eBay. If you buy the tank cover direct from France, they take a while to get. I've waited up to two months to get one. Every once in a while, a used tank cover in the color you want will pop up used on eBay.

View attachment 1650181
This is Tim's bike that got it all started for me. Just awesome detail.

I

View attachment 1650181
I ordered the bagster from Motea, it is the same one sold by the company from France.

It shows that it will be shipped in around 1 month.

Thank you for the installation instructions!

I believe that's about how long it took mine. Maybe five weeks. They make them as ordered but mine is sitting in the bedroom waiting to go on the tank. As soon as the last decal comes for the top of the tank I'll send it over to the guys and have the tank wrapped, along with the rest of the body parts and then I will start installing.

The tank protector came black, with dark gray lettering. Should be a nice contrast and fit with the new color.

Tim is the reason I have always run Bagster tank bags and protectors. They have a loop that goes around the triple tree, clips on the sides, the new one (21-22')has another set of straps in the back by the saddle. As far as convenience, ease of use, and capacity they're awesome. I've never gotten a scratch underneath the tank protector. I even use the tank bag as a backpack while I'm driving around in the truck. I've become so used to it. But like I said, it's all because of Tim. I do short trips, and long long trips with that tank bag underneath my face. Worth the investment. I even slip a GPS in the top cover because it's clear and you can see through it so all I have to do is look down. If you expand the EVOsign bag all the way up you have to look over it to see the gauges, but it's a 20-30 liter bag. Any other time it's perfectly easy to see right over the top of it and keep an eye on your gauge cluster.

View attachment 1650201 I knew I had a picture around here somewhere.

Dayum, how long are you packed for? I’ve been out as long as two weeks with just a 22” seat bag and tank bag. I figured if I needed something more I’d buy it on the road.

Back