Modding the new Pashnit Busa

The stability issue was solved with a second arm off the license plate RAM ball.

DSC05169.jpg

What did work though was keeping the camera in line with the bike so when I lean, I don't scrape the camera on the ground- which I eventually did.

DSC05166.jpg

I tried some crazy stuff on the '00. Electricians tape to hold the arm in place.

535320.jpg

But got some awesome shots with that long arm.

560708.jpg

Arm on the rear:

545087.jpg

I like that long arm so much I bought an 18 inch solid arm off ExpressMounts.com

But in the end, the flexible arms worked best.

DSC03071.jpg

Dsc04321_gopro.jpg

Dsc04520_800.jpg

More things that did not work. Crazy long arms. The RAM balls are rubber and can only take so much weight & torsion.

Dsc04532_gopro.jpg

DSC09426.jpg

Other stuff that did not work. Don't get the arm too far away from the bike. I'd drag it on the ground.
DSC05697.jpg

DSC05698.jpg

That arm got me this: Two seconds later, I scrapped the camera on the ground.
GOPR2584_2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the GoPro is a video camera but what no one tells you is processing the raw video into something mildly pleasing is intensely time consuming. My ratio was 1 hour of work time to get 60 seconds of processed video. 4 minute video took me 4-8 hours of work time.

I made this & then retired from video production.

This is the Leggett section of Hwy 1. Yes, this is a real road.

My buddy put this together of the Central Cal Pashnit Tour. He's much better at video production they I could ever hope to be. And perfect song for that weekend of riding.

One of my side projects was to get the right brackets for my Clearwater Lights. I have been using the universal bracket which doesn’t work well. Clearwater Lights makes a specific light bracket for the Hayabusa.

Called em up, they sent out the correct bike-specific bracket: good folks.

Top shelf company to work with, and based local in Sacramento.

60 mm offset for the Hayabusa fork
92FD2EE0-60DB-4525-BB95-8D515889B4C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Speaking of good companies to deal with, 3BR Powersports got wind of my plans to build the bike into a mobile camera platform and sent me some new USB power outlets, their latest models.

D6AFC45C-9016-486B-9DCE-14A6D23A9CE8.jpeg

There are two versions and I thought to install an additional power outlet in the trunk to power the GoPro while riding. No worries about the batteries.

Plug it into the FuzeBlock in the rear and done.

64AC5119-3F00-49AA-824D-26D9473D2ADD.jpeg

Healtech Multimeter 5

I wanted a volt meter on the bike with all the extra lights and goodies. Plus the extra lights are all wired into on-off switches through PMR Components thumb switches so I can turn those off when running heated gear.

Healtech Electronics is based in Hungary and with the slow down in the motorcycle parts industry, their US Distributor finally called it quits, but I think you can still get them. I wanted a simple plug-n-play Voltmeter. It also has temp gauge & lap timer. I wired the temp sensor into the Ram Air Intake.

DSC02002-multimeter.jpg

DSC01999-multimeter.jpg

DSC02000-multimeter.jpg

DSC02001-multimeter.jpg

About ready to put this bike completely back together as the start of the tour season is rapidly approaching: 25 days till the first Pashnit Tour.

The plan for 2020 is to run Eight motorcycle tours, less than I normally do. I did 12 in 2018 and 10 last season, so this year works out to about 10,000 miles of travel this season. Despite the slowdowns in the motorcycle industry, my entire tour roster was sold out by end of January. It will be my 17th year of running the tour business and working as a professional tour guide.

Did an inventory and so far, have completed 69 different mods in these 238 posts. Hope you got something out of it.

About ten more mods on the To Do List , then I have run out of stuff to do. I want to build a custom headlight and that is proving challenging getting the right parts. And a big surprise while cleaning out the garage. Something I thought I sold was sitting right there. Stay tuned! We're almost done!

B27B94AD-140C-40C5-AF07-42E153E8B20F.jpeg

And I got my Kanji Axle Caps & Axle Adjusters on. Nice!

BEE41482-22A8-4D0C-9B1A-5C579525C1D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Really pleased with how this turned out: I had these flexible lighted strips. Originally I had this idea to build a headlight with the strip inside the headlight. But it didn’t look right and I ordered a different kit instead. What to do with these flexible lighted strips then?
Always thought it would be cool to light up the front fender well.
E1D1E0D0-8F61-44B9-8971-49474C8B2445.jpeg

Back