Modding the new Pashnit Busa

A quick brake rotor story:

In 2017, I had a hemorrhagic stroke while leading a motorcycle tour. Basically I broke the inside of my brain. I re-learned how to talk and do basic math. You can re-train your brain for that sort of thing, but brain injuries commonly affect memory, to which mine is terrible.

Ten years ago I had a set of custom Galfer rotors made for my second Hayabusa. The first one I had the stock set custom painted to match the ‘00 blue silver. I thought that was pretty cool.

But getting a set of Galfer Wave rotors custom anodized and custom engraved was even better. I thought I sold them, and even mention selling them on page two or three of the thread.

Recently cleaning out the garage, I find them under my workbench right where I put them several years ago. Completely forgot I had them. Tickled pink I still had them. Called up the guy that made them and asked if he could swap out the gold buttons to blue.

So we have a blue carrier with blue buttons, they look awesome. And I was able to sell my stock Galfer Wave rotors already on there for what I paid for them. Everybody wins.

B1307F2D-DBC6-4DAE-AD60-ABA877C789C4.jpeg

CB1630EA-0AA1-4F91-AE0A-91190C4B88ED.jpeg

F2348E15-50A5-47D3-8C5D-2BF0872A2DCA.jpeg

Not much going on in the Mods Department lately.

It's tour season and don't like taking the bike apart as I'm generally traveling every 2-3 weeks. Moreso riding the bike and not worrying about mods. Plus there comes a time when the bike gets 'finished' and you've got it set up just the way you like it.

But you can always use more lights. Recently, a near miss on a right turn (someone behind me coming up on the bike) promptly me to stumble into a link for HyperLites.

I had these on the bike 20 years ago and I surprised to even find this company still around. I already have the Healtech BrakeLite Pro module on the Hayabusa which rapidly blinks the brake light, but wanted even more blinky brake lights.

IMG_2903.JPG

Kit comes with the larger 16-light module and the 'brain' module which has several different flash patterns to choose from. I like it flashing as long as brakes are engaged.

IMG_2904.JPG

I bought the 16-light kit they had on the spot plus the bracket they offer. The bracket was way too big for the license plates so I got my tin snips out and cut 1/2" out of the middle of it.

IMG_2905.JPG

Lights attach on the sides. I could make my own brackets but it's just easier to buy off-the-shelf stuff sometimes. The bracket was an additional $11.

IMG_2908.JPG

Now comes the hard part. I see blue and all the other colors look the same. Hide the women and children, the <very> colorblind guy is doing wiring again.

IMG_2909.JPG

Small holes for the wires in the undertail

IMG_2911.JPG

Simple answer. Couple years.

I paid $6000 for my '00 and it was 3 years old and pristine.
I paid $8000 for my <first> '08 and it was showroom condition with 900 miles on it & 3 years old.
So I can wait a few years for the Gen-III to age and settle in.

In three years, I'll be looking for a garage queen Gen-III with a 1000 miles on. You'd think that stuff doesn't exist but it does. By then the aftermarket should catch up and I can mod the Gen-III for leading tours & travel.

But yeah, can't wait to buy the new Gen-III.

Mocking up the wiring. Process of elimination to get the wiring correct.

I 'think' this is the red hot wire.

IMG_2910.JPG

Stick on the Hyper Lites & put the rear plastic back on.

IMG_2912.JPG

Back