NOT modding a Hayabusa

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I felt the urge to post something up from the silent minoroty. For the past 4 years that I have been a member, and a Hayabusa pilot, I've seen many posts about modding a busa. There have also been a handful of posts from folks wanting to, needing money to mod, etc. but I'm here to tell you as a Busa lover, a commuter, a track rider and general cycling enthuseist, mods are not a requirement to be in the secret busa club.

I've almost put 40,000 miles on my bike and so far not put a single mod on it. Well, except for Heli bars to help my back a little bit. Not one bling, no speed enhancers, nothing. Mostly because I don't have the time or interest - but also because I bought the bike that I felt was the best thing on the planet as is on the showroom floor, so that I wouldn't have to enhance it in anyway.

I am NOT, however, saying anything against mods or modders, and get a kick out of seeing what others do and have do over the years, to personalize or add more grunt to thier rides. Heck, it's half the reason I read through the new posts. It's a joy to see how happy people get after adding a new sticker or a new rebuilt engine to their pride and joy!

But to the silent minority of Busa owners who don't mod for whatever reason, you are not alone. There's just not much point in posting up about how you DIDN'T mod your bike. [err.... like this topic? ?
biggrin.gif
] We are out there, just like you, enjoying our ride, as is, adding milage, replacing parts with the same parts when they wear out, and the bike is STILL a huge pleasure to ride, AND the best thing out there on the showroom floor.

Be proud, stand tall, [insert Americna Anthem music here] and enjoy the fruits or your purchase even if you have not spent any more money on your ride!

All Hayabusa owners, hobbiests, modders, and wanters, I salute you! That is all.

[you can stop the American Anthem music now please]
Suzuki-Hayabusa-1300R-Limited.jpg

no problem from me
beerchug.gif

bikes are very personal items, and mean diffrent things to each of us.

all i ask is ride safe brother
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Yeah! WWJD---- 1 inch raising links- reflectors off-darkened blinkers! Thats all! Would love to do more, but no real need! Lamb hears you WW!

I never modded my first 5 or 6 bikes, but gradually became addicted on the last few. I used to think like you that the Hayabusa was the best thing on the planet right off the showroom floor, until D.J. let me ride a certain turbo bike. Now I have finally found the perfect bike. So what if the mod costs about as much as the bike...
laugh.gif

very well said
beerchug.gif

Each owns bike is exactly that, ..............theirs, and to do what they wish, even if its nothing at all
bowdown.gif

Knock Knock

Who's there?

The No mod Busa patrol. Sir, it has come to our attention that you have a Hayabusa that you have not modified in 40K miles. I'm sorry, but you will have to come with us.

Wait!, I DID change my tire pressure!

Well, since you DO post track day pics, I suppose we can cut you some slack - how about we get those reflectors off next season, what do you say?

Not only that, but by not modding your ride you'll get more out of it when you trade or sell it. Busa's hold their price well, but you don't get much if anything out of the mods. Had a dealer tell me last week that by turbocharging the bike I wouldn't be able to trade it in at their shop.

My bike is as stock as stock can get. In fact, it has some nasty carbon Fiber Mirrors on it that will be replaced with the stockers as soon as they arrive at the dealership.

i dont care if there modded or not, i love to see pictures of all busa's they are all nice too me.

Then there's guys like me
tounge.gif

Why did I put a full system exhaust on the bike..??

More power you say, blah!! I don't need anymore stink'in power.
biggrin.gif

Chain maintenance, that's why. It is SO much easy cleaning and lubing the chain with a 4-2-1 exhaust
wink.gif

Oh, and to lose a few pounds too
beerchug.gif

Oh yeah!  Lamb has a puig double bubble too!
Good point about the chain maintenance Charles!  By that same token however, it does ease CLEANING also Charles! You know CLEANING
poke.gif
poke.gif

poke.gif

MOD HATER!!!!!

Okay, just kidding!
beerchug.gif

Each to their own. As long as you enjoy what you end up with, enjoy the ride!

Back