Hayabusa turbo's

Hmm just searched, busa turbo installed, and look what came up!!

"Hayabusa GSX1300R Modular Turbo System. With the increased costs involved for many riders & competitors to turbocharge their Hayabusa XXX SHOP have looked into & finalised a fully upgradeable turbo package that can work with the budgets of people entering into turbocharging without breaking the bank.

The new modular turbo system will be aimed at a low cost 250bhp entry system that can be enhanced with the necercery add ons to eventually achieve over 450bhp.

The basic entry package will produce 250bhp & cost £2995+vat & £500+vat+install & consist of the following

GT25/40R Turbocharger with inbuilt wastegate. XXX SHOP Billet plenum. BEGI adjustable Fuel pressure regulator. 2" Aluminium up pipe. Stainless steel dump pipes & Header pipes. Goodridge oil feed to turbo Goodridge oil feed from turbo Goodridge fuel hose & fittings Goodridge billet fuel filter Billet Pair block off plates Welded fuel tank outlets with dah 6 & 8 fittings Bosch 500bhp fuel pump Welded sump pan with dash 10 fitting Billet turbo dash 10 outlet Boost gauge, vac pipes, silicone hoses, jubilee clips etc K&N air filter Customer supplied Power Commander

this package at 6 psi on a standard engine without modification will be good for 250bhp to 270bhp.

turbo1pad$10,029.99pad"

That is without taking engine out for the install of a spacer plate or turbo pistons etc., or installing adjustable cam sprocket to re-degree the cams when either are installed, oh and with out a power commander.
And I wouldn't want my bikes touched by some back yard mechanic that can do the job for "half of that" or someone who says "I work on cars its the same thing"...nope.

I have had oh...8 turbobusas.

you can run 6psi on a perfectly stock busa engine. You will get ABOUT 240 rwhp.

You can run 8psi on a stock engine but not really recommended. I have even seen guys run 10 and 12psi on stock engine with pure race gas and they survived over a season.

Rccturbos. velocity racing, NLR, hahn, ALL make entry level turbosysmtems for or under $6000.(most are about $4k)

"Hayabusa GSX1300R Modular Turbo System. With the increased costs involved for many riders & competitors to turbocharge their Hayabusa XXX SHOP have looked into & finalised a fully upgradeable turbo package that can work with the budgets of people entering into turbocharging without breaking the bank.

The new modular turbo system will be aimed at a low cost 250bhp entry system that can be enhanced with the necercery add ons to eventually achieve over 450bhp.

The basic entry package will produce 250bhp & cost £2995+vat & £500+vat+install & consist of the following

GT25/40R Turbocharger with inbuilt wastegate. XXX SHOP Billet plenum. BEGI adjustable Fuel pressure regulator. 2" Aluminium up pipe. Stainless steel dump pipes & Header pipes. Goodridge oil feed to turbo Goodridge oil feed from turbo Goodridge fuel hose & fittings Goodridge billet fuel filter Billet Pair block off plates Welded fuel tank outlets with dah 6 & 8 fittings Bosch 500bhp fuel pump Welded sump pan with dash 10 fitting Billet turbo dash 10 outlet Boost gauge, vac pipes, silicone hoses, jubilee clips etc K&N air filter Customer supplied Power Commander

this package at 6 psi on a standard engine without modification will be good for 250bhp to 270bhp.

turbo1pad$10,029.99pad"

That is without taking engine out for the install of a spacer plate or turbo pistons etc., or installing adjustable cam sprocket to re-degree the cams when either are installed, oh and with out a power commander.
And I wouldn't want my bikes touched by some back yard mechanic that can do the job for "half of that" or someone who says "I work on cars its the same thing"...nope.

so once again sir....you are REALLY full of poo.

Viking,
Please pay attention to things here and do as much research as you can before jumping in. If you really ride your bike and go turbo, please email me when you get rid of it, just keeping track. Why do you think some people, 4, go through soo many bikes and different turbo set-ups. I would much rather see and HEAR you tear up the track or twisties on a big bore busa or TL1000 or some Ducati, trust me you will much more enjoyable.
Now turbo guys don't get it twisted, I like the rush of controlling 3-400 hp on the street doing 130+ mph power slides and 160+ mph wheelies, but keep in mind this guys "viking" is just getting into more power!

Viking,
Please pay attention to things here and do as much research as you can before jumping in. If you really ride your bike and go turbo, please email me when you get rid of it, just keeping track. Why do you think some people, 4, go through soo many bikes and different turbo set-ups. I would much rather see and HEAR you tear up the track or twisties on a big bore busa or TL1000 or some Ducati, trust me you will much more enjoyable.
Now turbo guys don't get it twisted, I like the rush of controlling 3-400 hp on the street doing 130+ mph power slides and 160+ mph wheelies, but keep in mind this guys "viking" is just getting into more power!
Original post is over 5 years old.
Poster has not logged on in so long it does not say.
If Viking even still has a busa, I'm sure he has figured out if he wanted to go turbo yet or not.

Yeah you are right, I should figure out the post things before getting all typed up! I went to hayabusa.org and this was one of the first posts that was on the list...hmmm weird
Just trying to help people, I have seen too many people get jerked by shops selling parts and things because they are making more money on it rather than what is good for the rider. Causing some innocent people to get hurt also if you live in the USA their is a group of people that want to ban the faster sportbikes because of the amount of accidents being reported.

Yeah you are right, I should figure out the post things before getting all typed up! I went to hayabusa.org and this was one of the first posts that was  on the list...hmmm weird
Just trying to help people, I have seen too many people get jerked by shops selling parts and things because they are making more money on it rather than what is good for the rider. Causing some innocent people to get hurt also if you live in the USA their is a group of people that want to ban the faster sportbikes because of the amount of accidents being reported.
you own the shop in your link? I know of guys interested in supercharged busas if so. They want something different.

turbo1pad$10,029.99pad"

so once again sir....you are REALLY full of poo.

Hey guys I wasn't trying to say you can't bolt a turbocharger on a stock Busa, I was trying to help him avoid the problems that go with it. I bolted a turbocharger by American Turbo-pac on a 750 Honda years ago. But to get to the point my brother-in-law has a turbo on his Busa producing 400 rwhp and this bike runs low 8s at 180-190mph. And he has a garage full of melted pistons, and busted rings, from not reducing the compression. Then he reduces the ratio, because he's on his second teardown, and ups the boost and proceeds to blow 2 of the stock head bolts out only to discover you need to put studs in a busa motor if your going to add some real boost. These are just a few of the things you sometimes end up learning the hard way. All I was trying to say was for, $10000.00 in a reputable turbo installer hands they will do all these things and you will have a screaming demon and it will be pretty bulletproof and that will be the complete price installed. I'm a turbo fan myself, I have the Incon twin-turbo kit on my Mustang running 10 lbs. producing over 400hp. My wife has a supercharger on her truck. So we're into it. Anyway I was just trying to help him these problems.

bowdown.gif

Jim

I'm around turbo bikes all the time. They aren't exactly your garden variety street ridden toys though. Most are making upwards of 500 - 600 hp and running very low 7 sec 1/4 times at 200MPH.

I have a good friend riding a 2001 Hayabusa that is 100% street legal that makes 500 hp to the rear wheel. I have seen that bike ride 130 miles one way with no issues. (Of course this isn't some little one day, bolt on a stock bike thing.)

$10K will buy a lot in turbo stuff, I spent $8K on my stage 2 kit with K27 54-10 turbo, air to air intercooler, RC 650cc secondary injectors, microtec fuel controller with 3 bar map sensor, Bosch 044 fuel pump, dump pipes and full pipe, tial blowoff and wastegates, spacer plate, adjustable cam sprocket, head gasket,etc. etc.

I spent another $950 on carillo rods, another $150 on valve springs i think, another $160 on ARP head studs.  Pistons are still stock.

But I made 461 hp with tire slippage with this combo, and have ran 15-16 psi of boost on pump gas a lot.

This is way overkill for what most will want to start (but you will probably want later on down the road LOL)

My old turbo kit (hahn stage 1) i bought used for $2500 and rode it for 3 years with stock compression and 6 psi of boost on pump gas, nothing done to the motor, just bolted kit on and got it tuned.

After 3 years of that I lowered compression (didn't cost much at all) and turned the boost up with S2000 injectors and made 344 hp on 110 leaded race gas, ran it that way for a year before going with the stage 2 kit.

$10K will buy a lot in turbo stuff, I spent $8K on my stage 2 kit with K27 54-10 turbo, air to air intercooler, RC 650cc secondary injectors, microtec fuel controller with 3 bar map sensor, Bosch 044 fuel pump, dump pipes and full pipe, tial blowoff and wastegates, spacer plate, adjustable cam sprocket, head gasket,etc. etc.

I spent another $950 on carillo rods, another $150 on valve springs i think, another $160 on ARP head studs. Pistons are still stock.

But I made 461 hp with tire slippage with this combo, and have ran 15-16 psi of boost on pump gas a lot.

This is way overkill for what most will want to start (but you will probably want later on down the road LOL)

My old turbo kit (hahn stage 1) i bought used for $2500 and rode it for 3 years with stock compression and 6 psi of boost on pump gas, nothing done to the motor, just bolted kit on and got it tuned.

After 3 years of that I lowered compression (didn't cost much at all) and turned the boost up with S2000 injectors and made 344 hp on 110 leaded race gas, ran it that way for a year before going with the stage 2 kit.
Now Greg,we need to stop filling people's minds with this nonsense. This guy's brother bought a turbo and blew up his engine and it cost 10 trillion gazillion dollars, so yours has to also because he knows everything thus he will educate us all. Since we understand our own ignorance, we must now admit to the general public that neither of us could ever owned properly working turbo bikes for under $10k. The scam is up man!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

now show him pictures of your freebling job.

I am all gitty when I see them. You do nice work.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Gary,

I have some polished turbo parts pictures

When I first picked it up

100_1045.jpg

100_1051.jpg

Then some polishing

100_1211.jpg

100_1166.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

turbo1pad$10,029.99pad"

I have had oh...8 turbobusas.

you can run 6psi on a perfectly stock busa engine. You will get ABOUT 240 rwhp.

You can run 8psi on a stock engine but not really recommended. I have even seen guys run 10 and 12psi on stock engine with pure race gas and they survived over a season.

Rccturbos. velocity racing, NLR, hahn, ALL make entry level turbosysmtems for or under $6000.(most are about $4k)

240 rwhp with 6 lbs. on stock busa is bull. under optimum condition which means everything is working right, no surging, no detonation, right air/fuel mixture, no pinch points in manifold flows, either intake or exhaust, the best you could get would be 210. you obviously don't understand that the atmospheric pressure at sea level is 14.7 lbs. at sea level.

Sir Poo

I spent another $950 on carillo rods, another $150 on valve springs i think, another $160 on ARP head studs.  Pistons are still stock.

Now Greg,we need to stop filling people's minds with this nonsense. This guy's brother bought a turbo and blew up his engine and it cost 10 trillion gazillion dollars, so yours has to also because he knows everything thus he will educate us all. Since we understand our own ignorance, we must now admit to the general public that neither of us could ever owned properly working turbo bikes for under $10k. The scam is up man!!!  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

now show him pictures of your freebling job.

I am all gitty when I see them. You do nice work.
thumb_up.gif
didn't spend trillion dollars just quite a few hours rebuilding

Sir Poo

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm around turbo bikes all the time. They aren't exactly your garden variety street ridden toys though. Most are making upwards of 500 - 600 hp and running very low 7 sec 1/4 times at 200MPH.

I have a good friend riding a 2001 Hayabusa that is 100% street legal that makes 500 hp to the rear wheel. I have seen that bike ride 130 miles one way with no issues. (Of course this isn't some little one day, bolt on a stock bike thing.)
how does a 130 mile drive prove the reliabilty of a turbo unless that drive was at full throttle. normal driving , turbo just extra weight

Sir Poo

Back