Turbo users

FJRider

Registered
I've been bouncing the idea around of picking up a 2nd Busa with low-miles and retrofitting it with a Turbo, a winter project. Other than pictures, I've never seen or heard a Busa-Turbo before but when I laid eyes on those two straight pipes, it really freaked me out! Once these turbo-Busa's are up and running, are they God-awful-loud?
AAAssjani.gif
And what are the other typical mods I will need to make to go along with adding a Turbo?

<!--EDIT|FJRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136716901 -->

Its not that loud. Actually quieter than most Harleys, until you hammer on it. The turbo muffles a lot of the sound. I have been pulled a few times for excessive noise, but around here, its just cause it is a sport bike. Our crowd is not liked very much

As far as other mods, that depends on if you want to stay on lower boost, like 8lbs or below. If not, be ready for some internal upgrades like rods, pistons and stuff. My stage 1 made 260ish hp at 6lbs of boost with just a little extra race fuel added

<!--EDIT|clrwtrbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136717980 -->

Its not that loud. Actually quieter than most Harleys, until you hammer on it. The turbo muffles a lot of the sound.

As far as other mods, that depends on if you want to stay on lower boost, like 8lbs or below. If not, be ready for some internal upgrades like rods, pistons and stuff. My stage 1 made 260ish hp at 6lbs of boost with just a little extra race fuel added
+1 on the loudness.... its not that loud... harleys are waaaay louder around here.

stage 1 with 7.5 lbs made 260+ on 92 pump gas

I do alot of riding, drag, road race and touring. Is a turbo system up to handling the daily grind?

I hit the strip more than 20 times this last summer, went on multiple 500+ mi rides throughout the summer in 100+ degree heat.

I ride with fstbusa now and then and i dont think his bike is alot louder than mine with the BDE full system

It took me a while to warm up to the sound of a down pipe.I'm still contemplating the idea of a mundane looking full system to sorta disguise it.

Back