Hayabusa turbo's

you can def. make more with 6 psi than 210 hp, with stock compression, with lowered compression is another story. There are lots and lots of guys with stage 1 kits with dyno sheets to prove it. Obviously the tune has to be correct or the power wont be there.

you can def. make more with 6 psi than 210 hp, with stock compression, with lowered compression is another story.  There are lots and lots of guys with stage 1 kits with dyno sheets to prove it.  Obviously the tune has to be correct or the power wont be there.
+1
if you are running 6 psi with stock motor and getting 210 to the rear wheel you better get it checked out because your missing some ponies.

This dyno sheet has 2 pulls, the 1st one was with a 4 psi wastegate spring and lowered compression via a .090 spacer. The second pull is a lot more than 4 psi LOL. If i remember correctly this was the first pull with no tuning and may not have even been running right yet.

Thats only 4 psi and lowered compression, with another 2 psi and stock compression would have been a lot more ponies.

4psi.jpg

Hmm just searched, busa turbo installed, and look what came up!!

"Hayabusa GSX1300R Modular Turbo System. With the increased costs involved for many riders & competitors to turbocharge their Hayabusa XXX SHOP have looked into & finalised a fully upgradeable turbo package that can work with the budgets of people entering into turbocharging without breaking the bank.

The new modular turbo system will be aimed at a low cost 250bhp entry system that can be enhanced with the necercery add ons to eventually achieve over 450bhp.

The basic entry package will produce 250bhp & cost £2995+vat & £500+vat+install & consist of the following

GT25/40R Turbocharger with inbuilt wastegate. XXX SHOP Billet plenum. BEGI adjustable Fuel pressure regulator. 2" Aluminium up pipe. Stainless steel dump pipes & Header pipes. Goodridge oil feed to turbo Goodridge oil feed from turbo Goodridge fuel hose & fittings Goodridge billet fuel filter Billet Pair block off plates Welded fuel tank outlets with dah 6 & 8 fittings Bosch 500bhp fuel pump Welded sump pan with dash 10 fitting Billet turbo dash 10 outlet Boost gauge, vac pipes, silicone hoses, jubilee clips etc K&N air filter Customer supplied Power Commander

this package at 6 psi on a standard engine without modification will be good for 250bhp to 270bhp.

turbo1pad$10,029.99pad"

That is without taking engine out for the install of a spacer plate or turbo pistons etc., or installing adjustable cam sprocket to re-degree the cams when either are installed, oh and with out a power commander.
And I wouldn't want my bikes touched by some back yard mechanic that can do the job for "half of that" or someone who says "I work on cars its the same thing"...nope.

I have had oh...8 turbobusas.

you can run 6psi on a perfectly stock busa engine. You will get ABOUT 240 rwhp.

You can run 8psi on a stock engine but not really recommended. I have even seen guys run 10 and 12psi on stock engine with pure race gas and they survived over a season.

Rccturbos. velocity racing, NLR, hahn, ALL make entry level turbosysmtems for or under $6000.(most are about $4k)

240 rwhp with 6 lbs. on stock busa is bull. under optimum condition which means everything is working right, no surging, no detonation, right air/fuel mixture, no pinch points in manifold flows, either intake or exhaust, the best you could get would be 210. you obviously don't understand that the atmospheric pressure at sea level is 14.7 lbs. at sea level.

Sir Pooonce again you are full of poo. 01 gix 1k....4-5psi 219 rwhp..

Hmm just searched, busa turbo installed, and look what came up!!

"Hayabusa GSX1300R Modular Turbo System. With the increased costs involved for many riders & competitors to turbocharge their Hayabusa XXX SHOP have looked into & finalised a fully upgradeable turbo package that can work with the budgets of people entering into turbocharging without breaking the bank.

The new modular turbo system will be aimed at a low cost 250bhp entry system that can be enhanced with the necercery add ons to eventually achieve over 450bhp.

The basic entry package will produce 250bhp & cost £2995+vat & £500+vat+install & consist of the following

GT25/40R Turbocharger with inbuilt wastegate. XXX SHOP Billet plenum. BEGI adjustable Fuel pressure regulator. 2" Aluminium up pipe. Stainless steel dump pipes & Header pipes. Goodridge oil feed to turbo Goodridge oil feed from turbo Goodridge fuel hose & fittings Goodridge billet fuel filter Billet Pair block off plates Welded fuel tank outlets with dah 6 & 8 fittings Bosch 500bhp fuel pump Welded sump pan with dash 10 fitting Billet turbo dash 10 outlet Boost gauge, vac pipes, silicone hoses, jubilee clips etc K&N air filter Customer supplied Power Commander

this package at 6 psi on a standard engine without modification will be good for 250bhp to 270bhp.

turbo1pad$10,029.99pad"

That is without taking engine out for the install of a spacer plate or turbo pistons etc., or installing adjustable cam sprocket to re-degree the cams when either are installed, oh and with out a power commander.
And I wouldn't want my bikes touched by some back yard mechanic that can do the job for "half of that" or someone who says "I work on cars its the same thing"...nope.

I have had oh...8 turbobusas.

you can run 6psi on a perfectly stock busa engine. You will get ABOUT 240 rwhp.

You can run 8psi on a stock engine but not really recommended. I have even seen guys run 10 and 12psi on stock engine with pure race gas and they survived over a season.

Rccturbos. velocity racing, NLR, hahn, ALL make entry level turbosysmtems for or under $6000.(most are about $4k)

240 rwhp with 6 lbs. on stock busa is bull. under optimum condition which means everything is working right, no surging, no detonation, right air/fuel mixture, no pinch points in manifold flows, either intake or exhaust, the best you could get would be 210. you obviously don't understand that the atmospheric pressure at sea level is 14.7 lbs. at sea level.

Sir Poohttp://velocityracing.com/2007/turbos/hayabusa_stage_one_2007.htm

6 psi boost on pump gas 240 HP

http://www.rccturbos.com/rcc2005....l&id=71

http://www.turbosystem.com/cycle/suzuki/suzuki.htm

I'm around turbo bikes all the time. They aren't exactly your garden variety street ridden toys though. Most are making upwards of 500 - 600 hp and running very low 7 sec 1/4 times at 200MPH.

I have a good friend riding a 2001 Hayabusa that is 100% street legal that makes 500 hp to the rear wheel. I have seen that bike ride 130 miles one way with no issues. (Of course this isn't some little one day, bolt on a stock bike thing.)
how  does  a 130 mile drive prove the reliabilty of a turbo unless that drive was at full throttle. normal driving , turbo just extra weight

Sir Poo
show me where you went 130 miles at constant full throttle on anything but a moped or a bicycle.

lol @ S4L...

We have had excellent results with our turbo setups... our SS Busa didn't even get torn down for maintenance for the last 4 races. Just run it and park it. Tranny started to have some issues so we re-did it, but it had 2 seasons on it so it was all good. Moder was fine. we reset the MPH and ET record a few times this season n Prostar..;) Next year promises to be interesting..;)

lol @ S4L...

We have had excellent results with our turbo setups... our SS Busa didn't even get torn down for maintenance for the last 4 races. Just run it and park it. Tranny started to have some issues so we re-did it, but it had 2 seasons on it so it was all good. Moder was fine. we reset the MPH and ET record a few times this season n Prostar..;) Next year promises to be interesting..;)
you do realize that there is a big difference between going 520 1/4miles passes and 130 actual miles on an engine right?

210hp on 6 psi on a busa....FIRE YOR TUNER,GET ANOTHER QUALITY KIT....

a stock busa,at 6 pounds all day long 235 and up...

210...my 02 1000 with a hahn kit(bottom of the barrel really) made 221 hp at 6 psi....

do some research,before telling all these guys WITH EXPERIENCE what is right and wrong...

and YES,i do have a turbo busa,and seen many times on a dyno,what they are capable of doing....

Heck, my '95 Gix 1100 makes 213rwhp with 7lbs and 89 octane....It's gettin tuned @ 16lbs on C-16 this summer...It's been a great street bike up to this point.Now it's time to stretch,slam, and boost it all the way,for the strip...
thumb_up.gif

lol @ S4L...

how did you redo a tranny without tearing an engine apart on a busa?

lol @ S4L...

can change shift forks/shafts with motor still in....???
not gears though

lol @ S4L...

can change shift forks/shafts with motor still in....???
not gears though
yeah I guess you are right, he said ti had issues they fixed, he never said they rebuilt it.

Despite all the [ flaming ] LOL -- I learned alot..... THNX

Last edited by a moderator:
I just luv wacking the throttle open on a good turbo bike on the dyno and seeing how quickly it runs right through the revs! it's sick!
firedevil.gif

Back