NOT modding a Hayabusa

super.gif

(Lamb busa @ Mar. 06 2007,19:03) By that same token however, it does ease CLEANING also Charles!  You know CLEANING
poke.gif

poke.gif
Hey, I'll clean the chain so it'll last and not fail me.

But the plastics.... hmph....

If there's time to clean it, there's time to ride it
tounge.gif

poke.gif

I can see not doing much mods to your bike... but 40K miles with the stock exhaust? UGH! I couldn't do it. I'd rather not have a Busa at all.

And i believe that no matter what bike can be bought, no matter the brand, it can be made better through the aftermarket. But that's just me.

WWJD,thats just too cool,this bike is great off the show room floor.yes I still have reflectors & the shovel.their not going anywhere.

oh crap! I forgot. I did remove the reflectors.... you know... to save weight for racing - and probably peer pressure from revlis. But I didn't ADD a mod, so that don't count right?

I wanted to quiet the silent angulish or guys that want to mod but like time or resources.

my exhaust spinners come in next week. kiddin

I bought my used and it had a few mods: Heli bars, double bubble, SS brake lines, Yosh pipe, coupla other things. I added a center stand and frame sliders right away. Recently, retuned the suspension and raised it 1".

I think the stock bike is beautiful, and four months ago, I would have agreed with you. However, since putting the new suspension on, the bike is a different animal and I highly recommend that for ridability, some mods should be seriously considered.

--Wag--

I'm with you Greg! I have kept mine pretty much stock too. The only thing I have done is to take the stickers off and I did take the reflectors off too. Almost forgot about the double bubble windshield. Errrr, also put on Harris grips. Oh, dark smoke front turn signal lenses. And then there is the throttlemeister Chris gave me for Christmas. Gotta have a cool Hayabusa tank protector, and HH pads don't you? Thats all I have done with the exception of the Tsukigi exhaust, kickstand adjustment, marble thing, TL 1000 pegs, front rotors, battery tender jr., 200 rear tire........................OK you got me, I'm a modder, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it, don't hate me, I won't do it again!

untill payday at least!
biggrin.gif

(dadofthree @ Mar. 06 2007,18:36) Not only that, but by not modding your ride you'll get more out of it when you trade or sell it. Busa's hold their price well, but you don't get much if anything out of the mods. Had a dealer tell me last week that by turbocharging the bike I wouldn't be able to trade it in at their shop.
ok ok... anyone who regrets the turbo decision and wants to put value back into there bike can ship the turbo setup to my house free of charge.. I will take on the decreased value burden and put it on my bike, thus bringin your bike's value back up to snuff.. it'll be our little secret..

any takers?

it's ok feel free to PM me as to when you can ship that value dropping piece of lead weight to my door..
muscle.gif

I would love to buy a second one to keep it stock. The next bike I buy I am not modding. I see how it gets carried away now. Just have to convince wife she needs a busa.

You bet it gets carried away .

Magazine articles are written to get people in the mood to BUY.... not much difference when reading forums .

I did some mild internal engine work and am running stock exhaust . Hauls ass and is stealth . Would not have it any other way for my road bike .

To each his own
race.gif

I think it's pretty amazing that you've kept it stock WWJD...no peer pressure could ever sway you to jump on the mod wagon...says a lot - you're either broke and don't have any kids to sell OR you just love the stock bike
biggrin.gif

No worries...I said I'd keep mine stock for about 5 minutes, then I caved...I'M WEAK!
laugh.gif

Money's fine, I don't have kids, but I'm content with it as it. It's never let me down. I know it can be faster, but 185 is enough for me!

Actually, I've done very basic mods:

- Helibars
- different tires
- frame sliders [trackday just in casers]
- K&N air filter
- removed reflectors
- removed foot peg feelers
- tank bra from day one

Are those REALLY mods? My only expense was Helibars and frame sliders [desired for trackdays]

eh whatever! The thing I want to avoid is the addictive upgrading that I KNOW I would fall into if I REALLY started, you know what I'm talking about? SURE ya do!
biggrin.gif
So, I don't start. I guess deep in the dark reaches of my mind, I think about trade in value also. Not that the new GSX800R is calling my name or anything

Oops, you're a modder...taking the reflectors off puts you right over the top LOL

So close; you've had us all fooled for years...
lurk.gif

a buddy of mine also has a bone stock busa... not even helli bars. The only mod he's done was unintentional... the ront fender mod (the one where you crack the fender because you rolled backward/forward with the rotor lock still attached). He's got tons of miles and enjoys his bike for ridding.

You're not alone out there!

I ended up de-modding my bike. Other than paint and a few invisible mods, it's stock. Being heard from two miles away with the old race exhaust got a bit old after a while.

But, hey, it's MY bike, and I'll mod or not mod as I please.... everyone else should feel the same.
wink.gif

Back