NOT modding a Hayabusa

My first mod was adding cruise control!! A real... Electronic cruise that would reduce the fatigue of riding 700 miles in one day!

Of course... when I bought I Busa back in June of 2006, three days later I rode it 2000 miles from Houston to Annapolis!

And then... I met Charles from Street & Track!

I am with you bro. Wait, no I am not. I lowered mined 1/2 an inch. Had trouble touching ground full footed, have a touring shield too, and carbon mirrors. never mind.... guess you are the only one.

I too love seeing what people have done to their bikes but am happy with the stock performance.

(Bigbody @ Mar. 07 2007,09:13) My name is Nick, and I'm a modder
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
I'm with ya'

I also have pretty much kept mine stock except tires and removing reflectors.I have had nothing but good luck with my baby. It's got plenty of power handles pretty good and is just a blast 2 ride. 19,000 fun miles in about 18 months and still running strong. I do keep considering a new exhaust and pc-3 though . I keep wondering if the mods might take away the life of the bike??? nice 2 hear others out there really riding unlike some of my harley friends who wear the shirts and tell my how hard core the are BUT I NEVER SEE THEM ON THEIR BIKES heeheehee!!!!
beerchug.gif

I've seen mild to wild and inbetween . Most tastefull , some though , could be considered a crime  
biggrin.gif

Busa is probably the most modded bike of all time .

Quite a few bone stocker early models though . In the muscle car world they would be called ... survivors .

poke.gif
R  
pirate.gif
AN  
argue.gif
D
pissed.gif
OM usaged of emoticons

i'm willing to take a guess and say most modders would be less than 40 yr old.I'm 49 and my 2006 busa is mostly stock.
My only add ons are yoshi slip-ons, Power commander,Corbin seat,and Puig double bubble windshield.
I love it just the way she sits!!!

(WWJD @ Mar. 06 2007,19:58) oh crap!  I forgot.  I did remove the reflectors.... you know... to save weight for racing -  and probably peer pressure from revlis.   But I didn't ADD a mod, so that don't count right?

I wanted to quiet the silent angulish or guys that want to mod but like time or resources.

my exhaust spinners come in next week.   kiddin
You've REMOVED something, so technically speaking you now have a "chopper".

What about those stickers? Hmmmmm.....?

(reiny @ Mar. 07 2007,14:43) i'm willing to take a guess and say most modders would be less than 40 yr old.I'm 49 and my 2006 busa is mostly stock.
My only add ons are yoshi slip-ons, Power commander,Corbin seat,and Puig double bubble windshield.
I love it just the way she sits!!!
Hey now!

I'll be 49 this month, and I've got a full BDE system, PCIIIR, aftermarket windshield, aftermarket chain, cut fender, clear signals fore and aft, HID low beam, yellow high beam, braided brake lines, Carbonne Lorraine pads, etc. etc. etc.....

beerchug.gif

I'm pretty sure this post can be classified as blasphemous. WWJD, I expected better from you! Go to the Garage and gimme three lbs air reduction front a rear!
beerchug.gif

(Commuta_Busa @ Mar. 07 2007,07:28) a buddy of mine also has a bone stock busa... not even helli bars. The only mod he's done was unintentional... the ront fender mod (the one where you crack the fender because you rolled backward/forward with the rotor lock still attached). He's got tons of miles and enjoys his bike for ridding.

You're not alone out there!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

Yeah I did the unintentional front fender mod just like that.. parked the fat pig at work and got back jumped on it rolled back.. ooomph what the F$@# is goin on.. rolled ahead smack smack on the ground what was that.. oh sh$@ road it home with tears flowing or that scene when David Banner turns green... something like that.. next day dremel tool out shaved her so only the hard core's would notice.. luckily only a couple Busa's around here and no one else has been the wiser...

Ps.. now the lock goes on the rear rotor..
cool.gif

super.gif

super.gif

not modding your bike is like not buying your child new clothes to wear.

(300Busa @ Mar. 07 2007,23:54) not modding your bike is like not buying your child new clothes to wear.
Exactly wrong. BUT, I respect your opinion/viewpoint.
smile.gif
Children grow taller and change. My Busa was, is, and always will be great as is.

I think it's more like marrying a leading supermodel..... then after the honeymoon, telling her to wear MORE makeup, and loose 10 more pounds!
biggrin.gif

"I love ya, Babe! You'll the total package. Um... could you bleach your hair now, loose a few pounds and start cooking for me? Oh, and cleaning. Yeah.... that'd be great... thanks!"

04_ebenitez_01.jpg

My 05 LE is totally stock ... except for a tank protector, and frame spools and a Pit-Bull rear stand (that I just purchased) for chain maintenance ... and it's perfect for me.  But I really enjoy seeing how everyone mods theirs to fit their personality.

Hayabusa_1_Small_JPG.JPG

I totally agree.... that's why I won't mod mine.......

well.... not a whole lot more. Maybe just a couple more mods and thats it. Promise...
all_coholic.gif

It's fun to mod a little here and there but it's she's more than fine just as she is. Just like Suzuki made her.

(Ruben @ Mar. 08 2007,10:10) I totally agree.... that's why I won't mod mine.......

well.... not a whole lot more. Maybe just a couple more mods and thats it. Promise...
all_coholic.gif

It's fun to mod a little here and there but it's she's more than fine just as she is. Just like Suzuki made her.
hmm, no not more than fine... suzuki fell on their head
and did not realize that they cheaped out on the front
fork springs... and after all these years couldn't be bothered
to upgrade it for the greater majority.. might be good enough
for those anorexic euro's..
biggrin.gif
but not good enough for those weighing more than a buck and a half.. oh and caving with the top speed limiter... gimmie a break.. you don't see chevy or dodge restricting their viper or vette's... that I know of.. other than that... I think it is great.

Joe.

The only change I made to mine after I rode it home from the dealer was to take the rear seat off and put the hump on. It came with the tank protector and I haven't touched a thing on it. Still has all the stickers, reflectors, chicken strips, etc... So when I TRAILER in to the gap - y'all can point and laugh all you want!

(LCB @ Mar. 08 2007,15:18) The only change I made to mine after I rode it home from the dealer was to take the rear seat off and put the hump on. It came with the tank protector and I haven't touched a thing on it. Still has all the stickers, reflectors, chicken strips, etc... So when I TRAILER in to the gap - y'all can point and laugh all you want!
Oh, they'd never poke fun at you!

Right guys?
wink.gif

Have you posted up pics of your Busa yet? I saw the Harley, but I may have missed the Busa
smile.gif

No, still trying to work the new camara... totally "gizmo impaired" at my house!

Back