Purchasing a hayabusa

mospeed

Registered
Hey everyone,
I am ready to purchase a 2005/2006 NEW hayabusa and I need some help. I have a $5K loan check from eloan.com and I'm willing to put down up to $6000, but would like only to put $5500. So, can I get a new hayabusa for this price?
rock.gif

I went to a local dealership here in Houston, and I was pretty much laughed at. I was trying to get a new 05 black/red busa and we were "talking" about it and his final price was $12,305 after taxes, dealer prep ($800!!!), and all this other crap I didn't understand. I told him I will walk out of here with the bike for $10500. He LAUGHED! and said no. I'm sorry there is no way we can go any lowe.

Ok, am I crazy or what?
rock.gif
Am I living a pipe dream or something and there is no way I will able to get a new busa for this price? I look on cycletrader.com and I see ads NOT in TX for 06 busa's for $9500-$10000. If I ship if for $500, and at 6.25% TTL here in TX. I'm looking at $10500-$11000.

So.... once again... and I'm crazy or is the norm for "walk" out price for busa $12000+++

Let me know everyone!

Thanks
Ed

rock.gif

#1  can I get a new hayabusa for this price?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
laugh.gif

# 2 So.... once again... and I'm crazy or is the norm for "walk" out price for busa $12000+++   YES
cool.gif

BUT....... you will & can find one for that price

<!--EDIT|BUTTER2BOY
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143357641 -->

umm lets see, msrp on a non LE 2K6 is a mere $11,099.00 so out the door for anything 10,ooo and under is a deal, for 6 grand, you should look into a used 2k3 to 2k5 GSX-R 600, so yeah you are crazy.....

now if you mean your loan check of 5 grand plus your 6 grand in cash down, you should be able to walk out with a busa, and some gear......... since that makes 11 grand, is that what you mean??

-WHEELMAN

edit: when i first started looking into transport on 2 wheels, i thought, hey cycles are cheap, because they save on gas, that may be, but they are anything but cheap, and with the gas prices the way they are, used and new prices have only been driven up, supply and demand cheif, take an entry level econ class at your local community college....

<!--EDIT|TheWheelman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143360686 -->

There is a Suzuki dealership in Columbus on I-10, they will do the black 06 for 10,300 OTD. that is the price they quoted me.
They are about 60 mile east of Houston on I-10.

Columbus Cycle Shop
1004 Mentz Road, Alleyton, TX, 78935-5015
Phone Number: 979/733-8444
FAX Number: 979/733-8445
Hours: Tues - Sat 9AM - 6PM

yeah keep looking, there are plenty or cycle shops in the houston area. or maybe look around LA. that's not to far of a drive. and when and if you do get that busa, look me up and ill help you break that bad boy in
biggrin.gif

I bought my bike in January and the price was good. Stayed well under MSRP OTD. The problem is now, it is going into bike season and the shops are standing hard on prices. A buddy of mine just bought his 06 ZX636R and it was $8800 OTD, 06 CBR1000RR was over 11K OTD. Some of it depends on where you are. Prices vary, what I paid for mine is considered cheap as hell around here. You should be able to do no higher than MSRP OTD.

The answer to your questions are, no, you don't have to pay $12K OTD. Check www.buyoutofstate.com (which is Calmes Suzuki in Louisana). Have it delivered. I bought my '05 that way and would do it again in a minute! I paid $9499 for a brand new in the box 2005 Busa. When the dust settled (shipping, taxes, registration in my state, and tags, the total cost was $10,069. Do it and keep some of your money! From order to it sitting in my driveway, was 3 days. And don't let a dealer tell you there's a lot involved with prep'ing the bike either. I uncrated it, put it together myself (mirrors, battery, lower fairing pan), put gas in it, and had it running in 1 hour. Nothing to it at all. Full Suzuki warranty applies. Do it and save $.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|FJRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143377746 -->

I got mine for 10,600 otd with 4 years extended warranty. BTW 05 LE. My son got his 10,400 w/warranty. They have a 05 black and gray left if your want to drive up to ky.They will ship on your dime of course. let me know if I can help.

I live in Maryland and bought a new 2005 Busa for $8998 from Montgomeryville Cycle Center in PA. I had to drive 3 hours one way to get it. After paying the tax to the sate of MD, and registration, it still only came to about $9800.

So yeah, you should be able to find a good deal somewhere.

I bought mine in North Texas at Granbury Motorsports for $10600 OTD... the deals are out there... just have to look and drive to find them... good luck with your search!
cool.gif

If you want it for that price, you'll have to "shop around." I think they still msrp for 11k. Hard to get the dealer to sell under msrp (right now). But wait until summer when they start liquidating, they may take your offer no questions asked. Kinda dumb the Busa sells for that high considereing it's "outdated" and other bikes such as the liters basically offer the same amount of performance if not more. Again, keep searching. You'll find the "right" price.

Dealers know this is the time of year when everyone is trying to buy a bike so they are much more firm with prices depending on their market area. Definitely shop around and you can save a ton of cash...

hurry cause riding season is coming and the dealers will hike the prices. but go new, and shop around.

Paid $9,600 OTD for my 06 Black and the Dealer had 3 more for the same price
biggrin.gif
. So, yea, you can get them for less than $12,000
wink.gif

Back