2012 Hayabusa Purchase Query

KenEvers

Registered
Hi all,

I'm moving from Australia to the States around July this year. Sadly I'm going to have say good-bye to my 2012 'Busa; however, I want to purchase exactly the same model as soon as I arrive in the States. Could you chaps give me an idea on price for a black 2012 Hayabusa? Ideally, I would like to purchase one that has NOT done any track time and no more than 15000 miles.

Thanks for your help with this.

Cheers,

Ken

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

I just found a 2011 black and red for sale in Arkansas for $7200. Bone stock, 7k miles. There are plenty of deals out there if you are patient. Dealers are selling leftover '13 bikes for $11k and some dealers in Florida are selling new '14 models for $11k as well. What part of the states are you moving to? There seems to be a decent disparity in value between some regions. They are a lot fewer and further between in the midwest. Hope the move goes smoothly and you like it over here!

If you have some time, cruise around on Craigslist and Cycletrader. You will get a good perception of the value of the bikes in whatever region you are moving to.

Welcome! What part of the states are you coming to? That will help decide on price and availability.
I may want to switch homes with you. I will tell you all the things that suck here..you do the same..then we can decide. :beerchug:
Gary

Hi Kyle and Gary! Thanks for replying...I'm moving to Missouri...in the Branson area. I will check out those sites...thanks a million!

Also...what is a rough idea for insurance? (In Australia, we have fully comprehensive insurance available which is the option I feel most comfortable with as everything is covered...no surprise law suits.)

Last edited:
Branson, that's awesome! You'll be about three hours from me. Lots of pretty country and twisty back roads, just be careful on the smaller county roads as sometimes the condition is very inconsistent. You can be rolling along on fresh asphalt one minute then turn onto a road that looks like it hasn't been maintained in 20 years. Also, depending on where you go you may run across gravel and dirt that wash out from someone's driveway onto the highway. Not a big deal unless it's right in the middle of the corner.

I actually have a friend that works for a Yamaha dealer in Springfield, MO, just up the road from Branson. But that doesn't help you with a Busa.

Insurance is usually around $500 to $600 range, for a year, with State Farm for full coverage with a good driving record of course.

Hi Kyle and Gary! Thanks for replying...I'm moving to Missouri...in the Branson area. I will check out those sites...thanks a million!

Also...what is a rough idea for insurance? (In Australia, we have fully comprehensive insurance available which is the option I feel most comfortable with as everything is covered...no surprise law suits.)

There is an annual Meet N Greet that we started back in 2006 in Eureka Springs about an hour from Branson. Lots of GREAT roads. Hope to see ya there.

Back