Purchasing a busa from a dealer, pricing advice

The Dealer cost $8194.52 ............so he did real good

Right, but you said out the door, which would put the dealer at a loss, no? Sales tax alone would put you over dealer invoice. I'm just curious how you managed such a deal?

Did you get a hookup? :whistle:

Bought my '07 last fall for $7,500. It was used, granted, but that's what your '07 will be worth (or less) as soon as you drive it off the lot.

CW

I'm guessing since the 09s are retail 13,200 that anyone would be lucky to get one for 12k? (No idea how stealerships work.)

Good luck on the 07, man. Might want to just go after a slightly used 08, though.

I don't ever plan to buy a new bike again. There's too many good, low mileage, well taken care of bikes out there. Many come with a lot of expensive upgrades that you probably won't be paying for.

As far as all the great deals people tell you about, somebody is always going "one up" you. No matter how great of a deal you get, someone else will ALWAYS claim to have bought one cheaper.

Make a deal you can live with, pull the trigger, and don't look back!

dealership here is advertising new 09's for $9999 but thats not out the door pricing...after financeing charges and all that crap I'm sure you'd still be looking at around $10-10500 out the door.

found a new 08 orange and black on cycletrader for 9k, don't know what the otd price is but sky motorsports in lakeland fl has it. just fyi

good luck on whatever you decide servion, but man if I was going to spend at least 8K on one I'd just about have to bite the bullet and put a little more with it and go get myself the '09.....but I know you have to do what ya have to do.... I hope you get a good deal on whatever you can afford... I know the blue book value on my '06 is $8100--just looked it up on kelly blue book values the other day...

Blue book doesn't take the economy into consideration I'd go as low as 7500 to 7800 at their asking price might as well get a new one, could be why they keep the 07 there at that price.:laugh:

WOW, that's what I'm talking about. That seems crazy, how'd you pull it off??

I really didnt "pull it off". I went to Crazy Freddies for a look see and the salesman was drooling like a hungry dog. That and the fact they had about 10 Busas sitting on the showroom floor collecting dust. The first offer to me was 9500 and when I kept saying I was just looking the numbers kept dropping. My friend got a good deal too. He paid around 7500 for a 07 GSXR 750. Both bikes were bought at the same time. There is strength in numbers!:beerchug:

I just bought a 09 last week.. 12.4K here in So Cal. most where dealers at that price here. Sticker was 14.5K I still feel like i got reamed...What cha gonna do

I've seen plenty of NEW 2008 Busas for $9500. I'd keep looking.

"Servion"
1. Internet then phone
2. Pickup truck and or trailer
3. Cash
4. Drive away with heavily discounted '08 or negotiate best price for '09 with only a small amount financed.
5. Celebrate :cheerleader:

Last edited:
Back