Dealer price is $85

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Was calling around to find prices on some tires before my tour in June so I thought I'd ask what they charge to change it and one Suzy dealer told me they charge 85 frikkin dollars to change a rear tire on the Busa. Kind of high don't you think? I'll look elsewhere...

I take mine to a freindly harley repair shop. I remove the rim he does the tire w/balancing for $10 each time now. Use to charge me $15. But after seeing me a few times he dropped to $10. Easy to remember me I took in my green ZX-9 rims, that may have helped him remember.

what a rape
sad.gif

Yeah, Its amazing what the dealers charge for anything. I bet if you find a speed shop or what 06busa did, you'll more reasonable prices.

Is the kiss and lube included in that?! That's beyond outrageous.

I dropped my bike off along with 2 Avon tires at the dealership 2 weeks ago.They kept the bike for 3 days, which was cool for me. They charged me $100 to mount, balance and replaced valve stems. The price was alright for me.

I take mine to a freindly harley repair shop. I remove the rim he does the tire w/balancing for $10 each time now. Use to charge me $15. But after seeing me a few times he dropped to $10. Easy to remember me I took in my green ZX-9 rims, that may have helped him remember.
+1, I always pull the wheels off (mainly because I will KNOW they are remounted correctly) and get the tire mounting and balanced for $15 bucks per wheel. Of course I also buy the tires from the dealer, so there's no big deal about the bringing in the wheels and getting that price  
idea.gif

dealers dont like when you dont buy the tire from them, its their way of getting even with us for shopping ebay

Yeah it's work to pull your rims and break down the tires and balance em and put it back together but...

My buddy took his new FJR1300 (5th bike he has bought from this particualr dealer) to the shop the other day with a new set of Avon's and asked them to change them. They fisted him to the tune of $69 a tire. Afterwards he rides it to work and is showing me his new tires and suddenly notices one of several big gouges in the rims from the hack who mounted them. He is trying to get the shop to make it right but jeez! This is the same shop that did an oil change and service on it and when he got it back they finger tightened the drain plug on the rear drive housing and it bathed his entire rear wheel in 90wt (or whatever Yam sells) before I spotted it and tightened it for him.

Dealers have their place no question. But I have seen enough crap like this to make me rest easy knowing I am the only hack that will ever spin a wrench on my Busa!

If you bought the tire at the dealership, most will install without argument for only 10-20 bucks. BUT, buy your tires online, you've allready thumbed your nose at the dealer so they are just going to charge you market rate for labor and supplies.

Support your local dealers folks it'll save your a55 someday.
thumbs-up.gif

I usually get my tires done at Cycle Gear. They charge $15 if you buy the tire from them. They also offer road hazzard protection for the tire. Here in south Florida with all the construction it is needed.

If you bought the tire at the dealership, most will install without argument for only 10-20 bucks.  BUT, buy your tires online, you've allready thumbed your nose at the dealer so they are just going to charge you market rate for labor and supplies.  

Support your local dealers folks it'll save your a55 someday.  
thumbs-up.gif
The price was whether or not I bought the tire from them. They also said that its .8 in labor hours for the front so it would be a tad cheaper. Hard to believe!

I really try to use my local dealer. But when the price for an OEM Battlax rear is $238.00 plus mounting and balancing, and OEM suzuki 10w-40 is 4.99/qt. it's kinda difficult.
I understand they gotta eat too, but not my kids food...

i got stuck in NYC last summer on my VMAX. needed a tire and i was stuck. got it to the dealer down the street. cost me $300 to replace the tire .. including tire.. but it was a stinkin Dunlop D205 ... didnt know they even sold those anymore.

This is why I've never let a dealer touch my Ninja. At least if it's fucked up, I know who to punch.

Learn to change tires, save yourself a lot of money.

Back