$1,000.00 to check my valve clearance!!!

My shop changed shims until they got each cylinder to similar compression - all valves were "in spec" but compression was not same - not a big deal and I don't notice any difference in performance - but as long as they are in there why not do something constructive -

Check this out...
My bro-in-law has a Suzuki Burgman 650 scooter. He got an est. for $800 to $1k to do a valve check. To comply with the extended warrintee he wanted to get it done at Suzuki. So to do the check, ALL the plastic needs to come off and the radiator as well..."4 hours job" then do the check then reinstall all plastic.
I and on my lift removed all farings and what not actully down to a rolling frame. Trailered it to the dealership and they did the check for $37.00 which compleys with the warrintee. then 5 hours to put all the plastic back on. Its not the adjustment but the time to get to the valve cover.

Yeah, Rudeboy, but it doesn't take 5 hours to remove plastics.

I'd guess someone who's done it a few times could have all the plastics stripped off a Busa in 30 minutes or so. It would take longer to put them back on, but not hours.

I usually strip it down and check the tappet clearances, then replace the plugs, then synch the TB, then button it all back up. I do both bikes in an afternoon.

And that includes a few beers along the way. And cleanup of everything I touch. Betcha the shop won't clean yer parts for ya!

--Wag--

Back