$1,000.00 to check my valve clearance!!!

If there are valves that need adjusting it's an all day job for sure. Then there is a new valve cover gasket that's not cheap. I could see it getting the best of a grand by the time you pay tax etc. at shop rates.

and dont forget the price of shims

Are you coming to the Bash??
Ill bring the shim kit!
$150

You are not too far. Bring it over, I will do it for you for $998.00

Just joking, but agree at shop rates, looking at the work involved, a $1,000 is not that bad.

If you get a price somewhere else, let us know.

PS.

I did a 5,000 mile service on my Harley, did everything listed in the book. It took me about 40 minutes total tiem and they would have charged around $400 for the same thing.

Full service tune up on a busa: check/adj. valve clearances, synch/adj. throttle bodies, clutch, change oil/filter/spark plugs, check/adj. cables, brakes, tire pressures, swingarm bearings, steering head bearings, lube/adj. chain, R&R battery/charge, check electrical system, charging system, clean, test ride. $395 + parts (oil/filter/antifreeze, spark plugs). We do not charge for shims, we have such a large assortment, we swap what we need from our own supply. Maybe POWERHOUSE should raise prices? :whistle:

• Wow
Reactions: Zee
Full service tune up on a busa: check/adj. valve clearances, synch/adj. throttle bodies, clutch, change oil/filter/spark plugs, check/adj. cables, brakes, tire pressures, swingarm bearings, steering head bearings, lube/adj. chain, R&R battery/charge, check electrical system, charging system, clean, test ride. $395 + parts (oil/filter/antifreeze, spark plugs). We do not charge for shims, we have such a large assortment, we swap what we need from our own supply. Maybe POWERHOUSE should raise prices? :whistle:

That's great!!!!

Do you know if Suzuki dealers have flat rates from the factory manuals? I would not trust them to touch my baby anyway.

My dealer charged me 2.5 hours, and none of them needed adjustment. (If they all needed to be adjusted, it would have been 4.0)

Im serious, while at the Bash ill check any ones bike if they want. Including TB snyc!

Now if its real bad, and more than half of the shims need to be swapped, labor will be more! , but no where near the stat of this post!

My dealer charged me 2.5 hours, and none of them needed adjustment. (If they all needed to be adjusted, it would have been 4.0)

I would say that 85% of the time no valve adjustments are necessary. Checking them anyway is piece of mind. When we run into one where the cams do have to come out, its the same price. Thats probably why I'm not rich and I have a lot of friends . . .:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Zee
Holy cow, man! Which of the local shops told you this?

White's Cycle and Marine, on Hwy 58. Rep said the reason it was so high, was "because of all the plastic".
I was of the impression that no plastics had to be removed - only the fuel tank. Anyhow, they obviously didn't want my business. I might just take the other suggestion above, and call Mr. White, just to let him know my experience.

mine were not that far out at 18K, and while the motor was already out for the trans...he charged $200 to adjust the valves, shims included in the price.

For that price I bet he is doing the whole valve adjustment via the exhaust pipes using golden tools...

Nope...that's what I thoght ,too - at first. So I asked again, to be sure. Nope, actual adjustment, if needed, would be extra, on top of the grand.

White's Cycle and Marine, on Hwy 58. Rep said the reason it was so high, was "because of all the plastic".
I was of the impression that no plastics had to be removed - only the fuel tank. Anyhow, they obviously didn't want my business. I might just take the other suggestion above, and call Mr. White, just to let him know my experience.

White's Cycle told you that price?

That basically the only suzuki dealer in the area but maybe I need to start doing my business for my oil, filters, etc. somewhere else... That crazy to me because that smells like they are trying to advantage of you.

Two quick comments - 1) I need to move to east coast - could never find a speed shop in SoCal to do all the work Powerhouse mentions for only $395 labor - it is quite a bargin; and 2) you don't want them to just check your valves - you want them to get each cylinder as close as possible to the same compression - this takes time -

Well I knew it would either be White's or R/T, and I was not going to be surprised either way. White's is out to take your money, and R/T probably just doesn't know any better.

I've had good experiences with Sloan's in Murfreesboro, but I'd definitely take GixerHP's offer first. I trust him over any dealership "technician."

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Back