Purchasing a hayabusa

I scored my '05 Busa w/1200 miles in February for a low low 8K.. Where'd I find it? I'll give you a hint: it starts with an 'e'

BUSAFETT

I wouldn't pay $800 in setup even if they offered to GIVE me the bike free.  That's just me, though.  
tounge.gif

I'm saving up money to buy a Busa, (I've got $6500 worth of credit), so I'm looking for the lowest price.  I've found several places that will sell for $9499 or less, ship for $4-500.  Then all that's left is your states' sales tax.

Deep Creek Marina
Ron Ayers Motorsports Click on New Vehicles on the left

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143428691 -->

Thanks for everyone's help! I knew I wasn't crazy....
smile.gif
but yes I have a $5000 eloan and $6000 cash to spend. but I would like to keep some cash for some gear for my wife.

fatsammyg> yeah I know excatly where Columbus is so I'm calling them up tomorrow!

cool.gif

Which dealership did you go to? You can get one in Houston of rless than 12,000. I am not sure on exact numbers, but it can be one. Too ba Tedbiele isn't still selling. Call Suzuki of Richmond, ask for Tony, or you can try Tejas Cycles out in Highlands. Let me know how you come out.

What part of town are you in?

I'm actually up in the Pac Northwest area. I am in the market for a Busa. I have been looking for used ones, but I dont wanna get one that has been beat to death. So, I'm thinking...new??? or used??? What is the average mark up on a new busa? I know about the kbb for the used ones, but from there, you cant tell how they have been handled either...

when I bought mine in March of 05 I couldn't buy here they wanted 11,500 + tt&l and wouldn't budge I drove to Deep Creek Marina in Mchenry MD to get Mine 9380, I saved over 2,000 so it depends on what you wanna do. Good Luck
biggrin.gif

Which dealership did you go to? You can get one in Houston of rless than 12,000. I am not sure on exact numbers, but it can be one. Too ba Tedbiele isn't still selling. Call Suzuki of Richmond, ask for Tony, or you can try Tejas Cycles out in Highlands. Let me know how you come out.

What part of town are you in?
I'm in Pearland and I actually went to Stubbs on 59S down the road from Eximport Cycles.

I have tried Suzuki in Richmond and they wanted $12000 OTD.

but yes I don't mind waiting or hunting cause i want the best deal. I have a Ninja ZX6r right now to satisfy my riding. The busa will just be another toy in my garage.

If none of the close dealers work out, Toldeo Powersports will drop ship it to your house for around $10,200 but you will have to pay local taxes when you go get your tag, title, license, etc...
wink.gif

What dealer was this just so we are all clear?? That is the biggest load of crap ever. I'm hoping you aren't going to say K's in Humble...
mad.gif

There is a Suzuki dealership in Columbus on I-10, they will do the black 06 for 10,300 OTD. that is the price they quoted me.
They are about 60 mile east of Houston on I-10.

Columbus Cycle Shop  
1004 Mentz Road, Alleyton, TX, 78935-5015  
Phone Number: 979/733-8444  
FAX Number: 979/733-8445  
Hours: Tues - Sat 9AM - 6PM  

Ha, this place tried selling me the same bike for 200 over msrp. This is not a very good place. Salesman's words were "they sell like hot cakes why would I sell you the bike for any less" and smiled. AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

Coulda wen't postal on his arse.

STAY AWAY FROM COLUMBUS MOTORSPORTS

<!--EDIT|BUSAZ71
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143589873 -->

If none of the close dealers work out, Toldeo Powersports will drop ship it to your house for around $10,200 but you will have to pay local taxes when you go get your tag, title, license, etc...
wink.gif

What dealer was this just so we are all clear??  That is the biggest load of crap ever.  I'm hoping you aren't going to say K's in Humble...
mad.gif
I just got a quote from them for 10,500 for the limited 06....I think I am, I think I am, I think I am....

unless someone around here can do something close to it...I know I gotta pay the taxes on it...

There is a Suzuki dealership in Columbus on I-10, they will do the black 06 for 10,300 OTD. that is the price they quoted me.
They are about 60 mile east of Houston on I-10.

Columbus Cycle Shop  
1004 Mentz Road, Alleyton, TX, 78935-5015  
Phone Number: 979/733-8444  
FAX Number: 979/733-8445  
Hours: Tues - Sat 9AM - 6PM  

Ha, this place tried selling me the same bike for 200 over msrp. This is not a very good place. Salesman's words were "they sell like hot cakes why would I sell you the bike for any less" and smiled. AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

Coulda wen't postal on his arse.

STAY AWAY FROM COLUMBUS MOTORSPORTS[/QUOTE]
They told me the excat samething!!! haha...

OK I have called every Suzuki dealership within 100miles of Houston and NO ONE gave me a answer and only one called me me back (Stubbs on 610). They told me $11500 OTD.

I'm getting such a headache!!! it was easier buying my house.

looks like I'm going out of state and having it shipped.

I'm calling all the out of state ones mentioned on this thread tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks everyone!

I called Deep Creek Monday, for the non-le, they quoted:

Bike: $9,450
Docs: $50
Freight: $100
60 Day Tag (optional): $25

And I pay sales tax in my state.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention when I was ranting about setup, when Suzuki sets the MSRP, they calculate what the cost to the dealer is for bike+assembly+shipping+dealer profit, so anyone charging additional above the MSRP is just making more money.

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143617970 -->

Geez, you guys have it good. Try $18900 before dealer delivery costs. Fuel = $1.35 a litre (not gallon). or wages are similiar so ecomony vs ecomony has little impact. It is even worse in the UK. I couldn't even get a bike and had to ship it in from Japan. Got the first two 03s here. The other person that I went in with dropped it week one. I reckon she is still crying. You folks are good researchers, I'm glad you use your powers for good, lol.
cool.gif

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention when I was ranting about setup, when Suzuki sets the MSRP, they calculate what the cost to the dealer is for bike+assembly+shipping+dealer profit, so anyone charging additional above the MSRP is just making more money.
WOW! I'm calling Deep Creek right now!

I bought my new 05 in mid December and my local dealer was itching to move it since it was the last 05 on the floor. He was waiting to sell it to make way for the 06s. I basically stole the bike from them.
tounge.gif

mospeed, if you don't mind one with 3800 miles on it I'm selling my 05LE. I just got the 4k mile service done on it yesterday. It's in mint condition with a bra and spools. I live in Deer Park.

E-mail me if you might be interested. j1mmyj4m at hotmail . com

how is shipping only $100? how far are you from there? I'm in TX so i'm asuming it will be way more that $100

That's what the woman I talked to said. I might call back and double-check, that does sound a little low... I'm in OH, btw...

Back