Thoughts on purchasing a 04 Busa.

If it's in good shape I would jump on it. Maybe see if he will take 5k as a buddy discount. But yes.

thanks guys. My biggest concern was yea its an 04 with less than 3K so its sits alot. just dont know what kinda damage if any could happen. for instance im sure the oil wasn't changed but 1 or 2 times in 10 years or gas sitting in the tank. you know, that kinda stuff. personally i would feel better if it had more miles just because i know then that fluids and maintenance was done (unless the guy was a idiot and didn't care).

Go buy that bike and I will trade you my 06 with 80K if it makes you feel better.

Of course you need to look it over and give it a good ride. You've got to take it up close to 10K a few times to make sure it's getting fuel. Open the gas lid and give it a good look, question the guy.

Buy a battery, some seafoam, change the oil and filter. buy some tires, a chain and ride. All of that could be done with the extra $500 you save and maybe another $100 or so. All the work can be done by you at home except for changing the tires. All very easy. If all it's done for 10 years is sit in the garage I would be all over it. Any other concerns maybe the fuel pump which is pretty cheap and spark plugs. Again all pretty easy and inexpensive fixes.

Back