Purchasing a busa from a dealer, pricing advice

servion

Registered
Hello everyone, I was hoping to get your advice on setting a price for a busa I'm interested in. I have been looking at used busas, and the more I look, the more I want to buy a new one.

Well, there is a dealer that has a 2007 busa they've listed as "new", and they've put one of those real short and loud pipes on it (I'd ask for the stock pipe back). I am "assuming" that if its new, they have had a hard time getting rid of it from a previous season, and nobody wants it now that a) the economy sucks and b) the '08 and '09 busas are out. they're asking 9700, which I think is definitely on the high side. I was thinking about showing up with 8000 cash and seeing what I can do.

What do you think is a reasonable price for a "new" 2007?

Also, if the mileage on the clock is still in the handful of miles range (as it should be to be listed as "new"), are there any concerns I need to have about it sitting unused for this long? I.e. hardened valve seals, old degraded fuel, etc?

good luck on whatever you decide servion, but man if I was going to spend at least 8K on one I'd just about have to bite the bullet and put a little more with it and go get myself the '09.....but I know you have to do what ya have to do.... I hope you get a good deal on whatever you can afford... I know the blue book value on my '06 is $8100--just looked it up on kelly blue book values the other day...

Won't say that nobody would pay that price for the bike because there's always one, but definitely too high. I ate playing the back and forth game, but would start at $7k and work from there. Are there other mods besides the exhaust? Oh and I would definitely have them include a warranty.

I don't think there are any additional mods, but I'll make sure before talking numbers with them. I don't want one of those shorty pipes, but I'll deal with it for the right deal.

I considered biting the bullet and going up to a new 08 or 09 (they still have new '08s as well), but after taxes and fees, I'm guessing I'm looking at a bare minimum of 11k from a hungry dealer. Not sure if the price difference is worth it to me.

I paid $10k for my new 08 a few months ago. That's a very high price and they know it. They're looking for a sucker to come along and releive them of their asset. I agree with BIGBS above, start at $7K.

I've been looking for a new 08 for awhile now and can't find anything below 11.5K out the door.

Vonderbach, was the 10k your out the door price?

I can go in there starting at 7 and try to work my way up to 8 perhaps.

I've seen plenty of NEW 2008 Busas for $9500. I'd keep looking.

Check out this link and buy the dealer's invoice information. Typically they are riping you off for freight and set up. When I bought my '06 they wanted to know how come I knew so much about their pricing...LOL. Told them they already had an allowance for freight and set up from Suzuki so I wasn't going to pay it. You have to find a dealer willing to deal, I walked out of one dealer who wouldn't budge and when I walked out of the second dealer they came out in the parking lot to catch me. Figure out what you are willing to pay and be willing to walk out the door if they won't deal. In this economy you should be able to find someone who will make you the deal you want. Good Luck.

CycleBuy Invoice Information

Yeah no way id drop that kinda coin on an 07...shop around some and you can probably find an 08 or maybe even an 09 for close to that.

I payed OUT THE DOOR $10,300 on an 07 In April of 07.........

The Dealer cost on My Bike was $8194.52 so dont let them get you up the butt, a Fair deal on that New 07 would be $8500+Tax and NOTHING ELSE ADDED Remember that Banks will NOT Lend $$$ for a good LOW Interest Rate on anything NOT currently New, and the Big Deal for you is The Minute you Walk out that door with that 2007 Your IMEDIATE LOSS of Depreciation will be about $1500 or more !

I know several dumb kids who purchased new Bikes for Retail + Setup + tire warrenty + + + + and at the end of it all wind up with $4,000 over Retail for their OUT THE DOOR Price!

Back in January, I got a new '08 for less than $10,300 o.t.d. (not including sales tax, as I bought from an out of state dealer).

Best wishes with your search. I don't know how willing dealers are to move product now that the winter is over and it appears the economy has slowed it's rate of retrenchment somewhat.

Where are you finding new '08s for 9500? That would be excellent info to be armed with going into a dealer...

Vonderbach, was the 10k your out the door price?

I can go in there starting at 7 and try to work my way up to 8 perhaps.

No, I had to pay all those on top of that sales price. I could have had a silver and black '08 for $9500, but I wanted to get the fastest color. :laugh:

And just for ammunition, even though it's out of your area

2009 Busa $11K

Last edited:
Here in Florida they have some cheap prices on motorcycles it seems.

Pick up your local cycle trader and look at the adds in there. Is how I found mine.

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get your advice on setting a price for a busa I'm interested in. I have been looking at used busas, and the more I look, the more I want to buy a new one.

Well, there is a dealer that has a 2007 busa they've listed as "new", and they've put one of those real short and loud pipes on it (I'd ask for the stock pipe back). I am "assuming" that if its new, they have had a hard time getting rid of it from a previous season, and nobody wants it now that a) the economy sucks and b) the '08 and '09 busas are out. they're asking 9700, which I think is definitely on the high side. I was thinking about showing up with 8000 cash and seeing what I can do.

What do you think is a reasonable price for a "new" 2007?

Also, if the mileage on the clock is still in the handful of miles range (as it should be to be listed as "new"), are there any concerns I need to have about it sitting unused for this long? I.e. hardened valve seals, old degraded fuel, etc?

A buddy of mine just bought Brand new 08 from Bert's mega mall for 8600.00...

Back