Dealer price is $85

Cycle Gear® ..for 12 bucks ....used to be 10 .. but they raised their prices.. ...bastids.
smile.gif

My dealer quoted me $85 if I bring the wheel and tire in, and I bought 2 new bikes from them in the past. so I told them where to go and promised to buy my next bike from there competition. I got one of these .......

for less then price of one tire change and now do my own.

I got a nail in my rear tire once and went to the dealership to get it replaced and they tried to charge me $178.00 for an OEM Battalax , mounting not included. I walked out and haven't been back since.

did you have to buy the portable auto tire changer $49, then motorcycle attachment $49? how do you balance your tires? just asking cause i change alot of truck tires and i got it down. so easy. by the way i get truck tires changed on the truck for about 20 bucks. enough for me to start doing my own.

did you have to buy the portable auto tire changer $49, then motorcycle attachment $49? how do you balance your tires? just asking cause i change alot of truck tires and i got it down. so easy. by the way i get truck tires changed on the truck for about 20 bucks. enough for me to start doing my own.
I got them both at my local Harbor Frieght store on sale for $39 and $29 and here is a balancer.....

http://www.wikco.com/MCWKBAL1.html

I made my own for a couple bucks.

$30 dollars for a mount and balance when you bring the tire and rim in.
I always clean and then add a coat of wax to my rim before bringing it in and tell the guy who is doing the job to be very careful not to scratch or nick it!! When they see a like-new rim, they usually pay a bit more attention to avoid screwing it up. I bought my rear OEM online for $125.95 and no shipping fees.

Yeah it's work to pull your rims and break down the tires and balance em and put it back together but...
This is not actually directed at bigotool, I just took the quote from him.

Yet you don't want to pay for someone to do it for ya!?!?

Its work, but not work enough I guess.

Time it sometime...
It takes about an hour to roll a bike in, put it on a lift,
remove the rear wheel, clean the gunk off of it, dismount
the tire, remove the stem, check the rim for damage, mount
the new tire, check the seat, balance the tire, reinstall
the wheel on the bike, check tire & chain alignment, check
chain tension( adjustment ), lower the bike, roll it out.
If he is a competent & conscientious mechanic he'll the
take it for a test ride.
Not to mention check the bike for any other obvious
service needs.

Yuppers I can see why that aint worth paying for.
Not like yer life isn't hanging in the balance.

Most any dealership ( car or bike )is charging between
$70 & $100 an hour. $85 seems about right.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1421"|1148089283 -->

On the bike? sounds about right. Like Raider just said, it is a bit of work, you can't expect them to do that for $10

If you hand them the rim, figure about $35-65, depending.

Depending how much time they take to do the job right, and not damage your wheel, and balance it correctly.

Back