Jealous Hubby

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
So, I've had my Busa for 5 days now...the constant "needling" between my husband and I is very comical...it's non-stop, goes on day and night, on the phone and via email...

He makes fun of me for buying a rice burner, and I point out that he drives a Mazda and just sold a Yamaha jetski...

I spent quite a bit of time pointing out the Busa's spring-loaded foot pegs while he pryed his Harley pegs up and down along a huge bolt and said "I've got 'em too"...yeah honey, you've got something, but they aren't spring-loaded like these (as I pop them up with my foot and watch them snap back down)...

He revs his bike up to hear the loud Double D pipes, and I say "who cares about hearing them when I'm a mile ahead of you?!"

You get the idea...

Well, yesterday he was going on and on about how much he wanted to ride his Harley to work today...I told him I'd be taking the Busa again. We got home, and it was nearly dark when he mentioned that he needed to buy a part for his Miata, and that his Harley needed an oil change, so he'd have to take my bike to work...he worked hard to make it sound like a chore; I teased him all night about conveniently needing my bike because all of his rides were in need of repair...

Either way, he did take my Busa today, and I'm not very happy! I miss Caesar...and I wanted to ride him in today because it's going to be raining for the rest of the week...I spent all day yesterday walking to the window to take a peek at my new toy, and now it's sitting in some huge parking lot an hour away!

Bottom line...my hubby likes the bike, but will not admit it...he likes it so much he's creating problems with his modes of transportation to HAVE to ride mine! If you guys knew my husband, you'd know something like needing an oil change wouldn't keep him from riding his Harley, unless he's walking past a Busa on the way to hop on his ride!

Gotta love this! But, it's so sad to watch a man act so pathetically because his wife's got a Busa! :D

:bounce:

VaBusa,

You are too cool. I wish my wife rode a Busa. Heck, I would ride her scooter just to see her ride my bike.

:cool:

You forgot the 1st rule of Busa ownership...

Never give your keys to ANYONE especially other bike riders :D

This is just the 1st time of many times you'll have Caesar sitting in some huge parking lot an hour away if you don't act properly. Sell the Miata. Buy another Busa.

S7R4GER is right, you might as well sell the Miata (and the Harley) and buy another Busa.

I definitely have to agree with keeping the keys to yourself, but there is just something about a woman on a Busa that just .........whew, is it hot in here or is it just me. Sorry, I just dig chicks on bikes.

:super:

Unfortunately, that rule doesn't apply to spouses...would it really be fair to deny him that ride?!  I hate to see a grown man cry you know... :sad:
Lucky for me then that my wife is too short to pilot my Busa. :cool:

Course being short means its easier for her to get the lower fairings really really clean! :tounge:

Hey! How did my thread turn in to "chicks on bikes"?  :D

You guys...I'm busy making fun of the jealous hubby here...

Sell the Miata?  Ha!  He won't do it...sell the Harley?  No...won't go for that either...so, I should deny him my keys and make him suffer until he sees the light!  Yeah...that's what I'll do, as soon as I get my Busa back!

:laugh:

You are hoping to see your Busa back ? !? !?! Well, I dunno... Since it's a He-Busa your hubby may want to get another for himself, and he would prefer a She-Busa and not a silver/grey....

Va - the first time I rode a busa I was hooked... 3 months later my wife took me to the shop and said happy anniversary. However you should take a stand and tell him to get his own. But my money is the miata or the harley will find it way to a trade in soon anyway.Once you have been on the best there is no turning back

Latest update on the hubby and my Busa - they're heading home now, in the rain...yeah, I'm ticked...only had the bike 5 days, and it's already been rained on...my day just got worse...I could have done without that!

Damn Harley only got rained on once, and that was after 2 years of owning it!

S7R4NGER - hubby's an "all black" guy too...if he were to get a Busa, it would probably be black...if he lives long enough to decide that after having my bike in the rain today... :cussing:

Hey VA... the busa actually does really well in the rain. You do have to be a little careful in the corners. The day I got mine I had to ride it home in the rain ie.. the curse.. Before that if it rained my bike stayed at home... but now it comes out rain or shine.

Thanks shoeio...guess that makes me feel better...just hate that a brand new bike is already being rained on, you know? He'd feel the same way if I'd taken something new of his and left it in the rain...

Okay...I'm over it... :tounge:

I know the feeling ... but is really nice to know the bike will take care of you... I came from the metric cruisers and there is no way I would ride in the rain on those.. could never get comfortable. I do have to sya since owning the busa my riding wardrobe has expanded considerably... I have jackets galore

Thanks shoeio...guess that makes me feel better...just hate that a brand new bike is already being rained on, you know?  He'd feel the same way if I'd taken something new of his and left it in the rain...

Okay...I'm over it...  :tounge:
So, ummm, back the Harley and his girlie car out int the rain! That'd show his azz!!! :super: :D

I find this all fun and entertaining. Va, he will fall the the light side in time. I have to think of reasons to ride the Road King now. All day at work I think about the route I will ride when I get home.

Girls like the Harley I admit and want to ride on the back but my girlfriend is coming around now that I bought her a fancy Joe Rocket jacket and gloves.

As far as rain, the drops cannot touch her because she has the "03" Orange anti-friction teflon paint and I always run my Osilation Overthruster when the weather gets even close to bad.

I would still let hubby have it.

Paul

Get him a Hayabusa key chain and tell him that is as close as he is gonna get again until he buys his own. The midget miata would be gone in less than a month!

Have to agree with RaiderDM here, you never give your keys to anyone! Even mech's have hell trying to get my keys for the stuff that I don't know how to do to well. Guess thats why I'm learnin more and more :tounge:

Thanks shoeio...guess that makes me feel better...just hate that a brand new bike is already being rained on, you know?  He'd feel the same way if I'd taken something new of his and left it in the rain...

Okay...I'm over it...  :tounge:
Yep he's hooked and there is no denying it. I too was caught up in the Busa Curse. My first ride was almost an hour in a down poor. :mad:

Back