Asking for some assitance from my friends here...for my Dad

Thoughts and prayers sent from down under Michelle, I am sure you will give your father with the send off that he would want. My father is also a Vietnam vet he did 3 tours of Nam and enjoyed working along side the Americans.

Thank you guys/gals so much. You have no idea what it means to me to have you all in my life...

I'm still working with the Patriot Guard and GMBusa, I'll get with you soon (and many thanks for the offer). I told my sister yesterday about the support, and that I feel confident there WILL be motorcycles there, just as he wants. She is so very appreciative of everyone, and thanks you all for the thoughts and prayers as well.

I can't say this enough, but please, my initial post yesterday was so far fetched, I know...a lot to ask anyone, and without a date?? Impossible, yet so many are offering up and trying. For that, I can't thank you enough, and please know that if you can't, the thoughts and prayers are so appreciated. I can't thank everyone enough for just being here right now for me. It means so very much :love:

You rub some people raw at times Michelle but that is what sisters are suppose to do to their brothers. We all love you and want nothing but the best for our sister and we are willing to do what ever it takes to keep her the princess and safe.

Sorry that is just how I see things. I know I am warped but that is me and what makes me special.:whistle:

VaBusa, I only know you from here on the Org, but my prayers are with you and your family. It's hard losing your father, my dad passed a few years back and I still miss him everyday.

If there is any way possible I will be there to help you honor your father.

VaBusa my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If there is anything I can do just let me know. Im only across the state in Roanoke but I will try to be there. God bless.

Prayers to you and yours! Hate hearing this. Wish I could make the ride.

Sorry to hear about your Dad's health problem. It's great to know you have such strong support in place here. Best wishes and thoughts to you, your family, and Omar! Thanks to your Dad for his service to our great country!!!

God bless your Dad and may he be comfortable and at peace. I pray that you have strength for your Dad.

If i could swing it i would love to make it to honor a veteran such as him. I serve because of people like him who have fought to give us what we now have and my prayers are with you and your family as you go through this. im no stranger to what severe illness does to families so i know how much it means to have people stand behind you. if i could make it to virginia i would be there. thank you for your fathers service to this country and as chrisjp stated he was a lucky man to have a daughter like you to carry out his final wishes.

Thank you all for all of your posts. I cherish every word being said.

A quick update - I've secured the Patriot Guard for his service...took my sister and I gathering some info we'd honestly never seen ourselves, like his Air Force card, dates of service, etc...we were both shocked to see he served for 6 years. I think we both thought it was just 4, so even now, this late in the game, we're learning things we thought we already knew :)

It's been a tough week...controlling his pain is paramount, and it's a daily struggle. I swear, my phone will not stop ringing. Dad, my sister, my aunts, my uncle, hospice many times each day...it's a lot to keep up with, but I'm thankful my sister arrived from Colorado and she's stepping up to help with a ton of things that have mostly been on me. Last night, for the first time in a long time, I got to go straight home after work and do laundry, menial stuff that you don't realize relaxes you and makes you feel somewhat normal. I also laid outside (pulled down the ramp of the Busa hauler LOL) and watched clouds roll by while I let our tortoise walk around and eat clover. I probably laid there for an hour :laugh: It was nice...it's the little things these days...

Thank you all for all of your posts. I cherish every word being said.

A quick update - I've secured the Patriot Guard for his service...took my sister and I gathering some info we'd honestly never seen ourselves, like his Air Force card, dates of service, etc...we were both shocked to see he served for 6 years. I think we both thought it was just 4, so even now, this late in the game, we're learning things we thought we already knew :)

It's been a tough week...controlling his pain is paramount, and it's a daily struggle. I swear, my phone will not stop ringing. Dad, my sister, my aunts, my uncle, hospice many times each day...it's a lot to keep up with, but I'm thankful my sister arrived from Colorado and she's stepping up to help with a ton of things that have mostly been on me. Last night, for the first time in a long time, I got to go straight home after work and do laundry, menial stuff that you don't realize relaxes you and makes you feel somewhat normal. I also laid outside (pulled down the ramp of the Busa hauler LOL) and watched clouds roll by while I let our tortoise walk around and eat clover. I probably laid there for an hour :laugh: It was nice...it's the little things these days...

Michele,
Dawn and my best goes out to you, Omar and your family. This is sort of the hardest part - be there for your father and be there for your family - but honestly as you mention in your note above, take some time for yourself, so that you don't lose yourself in this process. It was very difficult for me when I saw how my family reacted to my Dad's transition, but it seemed that there was a point when things clicked, people realized what was going on and almost everyone stepped up a bit. You can't do it alone, but fortunately, you realize that you don't have to do it all alone. I am thrilled that your family is helping and that you have ole whatshisname there with you now. You are a great woman, and I think everyone knows that. If there is anything that Dawn I and can do, please let us know... we are never too far away.

Thank you so much Shawn! And thanks to both you and Dawn for the calls and the day of reprieve not too long ago in KY :) Times like that are more cherished now than ever before! Omar has been great, and my family is stepping up, so I know I'm not alone. I am just like my Dad, and hate asking for help, so seeing my Dad doing all he is now is a stark reminder of how I'll likely be. I've warned my friends :laugh:

As expected, our "drive by" at the fall bash is now off the table...I do hope we see you and Dawn before spring though :)

M, I wish we could be there to help support you and your family during this time. You are never far from my thoughts. Sending my love and prayers to you all. :please:

Michelle, you can count on me. I am pretty sure DJ and Paul will make it too. Hang in there girl! Be strong.

Love you,

Tom.

Michelle, you can count on me. I am pretty sure DJ and Paul will make it too. Hang in there girl! Be strong.

Love you,

Tom.

Thanks Tom. DJ's already told me he'll be here, rain or shine, and I knew you would do your best as well...you guys have no idea how much my Dad likes you all - he remembers you and DJ well :)

Miss seeing you guys so much!! :love:
M -

Last edited:
Yep, take a little down time for yourself everyday, recharge the batteries, so you can keep going.

Omar does this look familar? You had one at the Eureka meet about 3 years ago.

knee.jpg

VaBusa, sorry to hear what you are going through. I lost my Dad several years back . . . he was a veteran of WWII and Korea, still active during Vietnam. He was a hero, like your dad. When he died I got busy and made a bunch of phone calls, the result of which was a full honor guard and 21 gun salute. My Dad deserved it, and so does yours. With everything you got going on you may not have the time, but I thought you should know - in case you need something to do. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family . . .

Back