Asking for some assitance from my friends here...for my Dad

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Some know, most don't, and I've tried to keep this personal and private for a long time now, but I'm in need of some assistance. My Dad has cancer and he's in the final stages, likely down to maybe 2 weeks before he's gone. It's so hard to write this, but I've just learned his only request at his funeral is to have motorcycles present. He was asked if he just wants Harleys, and he said no, all kinds (that's because he loves that I ride a Busa, and has met and ridden with many Busa riders here). :) He was always an avid rider, and the day he sold his Harley last winter broke his heart (and mine). He's a Vietnam Vet, and proudly displayed an Air Force emblem on the front of his Harley; it's still there and everytime I pass that HD, I cry (his cousin bought it and proudly keeps it just as my Dad left it as far as I know).

I've contacted the Virginia Patriot Guard in hopes that I can have riders present...wish I'd know about his wishes months ago, but he had such a tough time telling me the tough things going on because we are so close and so much alike. I'm just thankful I got word before it was too late to make arrangements.

Anyway, I'm trying to rally riders to be available if at all possible, and I know that's a tall order for most here, but I'd like to keep my friends here up to speed if that's OK, and if you can join myself and Omar to honor a fallen Vietnam Vet, I would most greatly appreciate it. If not, thoughts and prayers for my Dad and family are very welcome too.

:love:

Chelle,
This breask my heart to hear this. My prayers are with you and the rest ofthe family. Let me know. I will do whatever I can for you and him to honor his wish. Will probably ride the HD down.

If I was closer I would be there.

Keep your head up. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Regret hearing this and hate that I won't be able to help. Sorry to know you're going through this.

I cannot fathom your pain. My Dad is still with us, but eventually it's going to happen to us all. My sincerest condolences.

Thanks all...I'm so thankful to report that I contacted the Virginia Patriot Guard this morning and they've already put me in touch with the local Captain (he has the same first name as my Dad, I thought "how fitting")...

At any rate, I honestly don't expect those here to be able to show up, but I woke up this morning feeling VERY overwhelmed and felt like I had so little time to pull something off in his honor. Of course, I thought of the gang here first and I truly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. It means so much to someone who never, ever in a million years thought I'd be losing my Dad so young.

very sorry Michelle, I dont think i can make it, but rest assured i will be there in spirit whenever the time comes, if you or Omar need anything just holler:please:

I'm sorry to hear this and wish I could be there with you. Prayers sent to you and your family. I am there in spirit.

Very sorry to hear this and wish I could be there... But as many happy thoughts and prayers that I can send your way are coming and what ever else I can do from 7,000+ miles away, just let me know and you got it!!!!!

HOOAH !!:usa:

Thank you all so much!

I've been on constant touch with the Patriot Guard this morning (wow, what an amazing organization!), and have had a few Busa riders affirm they'll try to get here when the time comes if possible, including one that my Dad's met a few times and even rode with, so that means a lot.

It's been a tough time for a long time, but it's all coming to a head now and since hearing he wants motorcycles there (and just learned from my sister he's directed the funeral home to have a military funeral...why was I not told?? Ughhh), all I'm focused on his helping him stay comfortable and making sure he gets what he wants. I want as many on 2 wheels as I can get; it would mean so much to him...my sister was shocked to hear I'd already jumped on this and had the Patriot Guard involved so quickly...

Thanks for everyone sending me msgs and texts, calls...I'm a mess today and stuck at work...everyone around me is probably sick of seeing my puffy red eyes and nose...

I'll be there if there is any way possible (i'll even ride through another monsoon). Do you know generally where it will be? Just let me know what I can do. I am an Air Force brat too. My dad is doing pretty well but unfortunately we can't all live forever.

Take care :please::please:

my prayers are with you and your family Michelle... but if its any consolation... if he had a daughter like you...he must have had a good life.

My thoughts and prayers for you and your Family Michelle.
I'm all to familiar with the pain and suffering Cancer can bring to a Family, and if I could be there in person I would, but I can't
Sending prayers :please:

Back