I hate to say it, but I called it....

The troubling part of this story is his brother said, "Good, I hope that idiot kills himself on that thing." I know he didn't mean it, but man, it's got to be weighing on his mind right now.

Ouch! .......have fun the rest of your life w/ that eating at ya. Damn!

Sorry to hear about the little bro's death. Squid or not.....RIP :please:

I really can't believe the folks that are turning this thread into what Rev should have done. Its easy to play Monday quarterback when you already know how everything is going to play out. Rev you did the right thing. Maybe not as much as you could have possibly done but there was no way for you to know for sure. Everyone in here knows riding like that equals living on borrowed time. I know its gotta be rough having to think about this situation at all let alone having people turn it around on you.

Even if Rev had pounded that guy with tickets for everything under the sun this could have happened. Think of how many people on 2-3 DUI's are out on the road driving RIGHT NOW. These folks may have been given warnings or just blasted every time they see a cop yet they CHOOSE to make bad decisions over and over. At the end of the day your are only responsible for your own actions, there is no way to truly control people.

If the azz chewing didn't work, a piece of paper wouldn't have changed anything. Rev did what he could. Tragic

I really can't believe the folks that are turning this thread into what Rev should have done. Its easy to play Monday quarterback when you already know how everything is going to play out. Rev you did the right thing. Maybe not as much as you could have possibly done but there was no way for you to know for sure. Everyone in here knows riding like that equals living on borrowed time. I know its gotta be rough having to think about this situation at all let alone having people turn it around on you.

Even if Rev had pounded that guy with tickets for everything under the sun this could have happened. Think of how many people on 2-3 DUI's are out on the road driving RIGHT NOW. These folks may have been given warnings or just blasted every time they see a cop yet they CHOOSE to make bad decisions over and over. At the end of the day your are only responsible for your own actions, there is no way to truly control people.

Isn't this why we have laws and law enforcement officers, to control people’s behavior? Who knows what might have happened, maybe this kid was so accustomed to getting off because his brother was a cop that he didn't care. It is possible that standing in front of a judge might have been the wake up call he needed.

You know if we all take the attitude that we have no responsibility for each other then we stand to lose a lot more friends.

Last edited:
Law Enforcement officers have the right to use their discretion on things like this.. Rev did nothing wrong. This man chose his path in life and he knew he was breaking the law, it's no ones fault but his own.. If anyone here wants the laws changed to accomodate how they feel about it, petition your local politicians for changes in the law.. :rulez:

Isn't this why we have laws and law enforcement officers, to control people’s behavior? Who knows what might have happened, maybe this kid was so accustomed to getting off because his brother was a cop that he didn't care. It is possible that standing in front of a judge might have been the wake up call he needed.

You know if we all take the attitude that we have no responsibility for each other then we stand to lose a lot more friends.

I think your are missing what I said, short of physically removing the bike from him there is nothing Rev can do. If he had taken him to jail that day he would have been bailed out and could have gone home and started riding as soon as he walked in the door. People will do what they want to do not what they are told to do.

If we all took your attitude we wouldn't do anything other then make calls a day late from our armchairs. I don't see your point. Good people with all the facts sometimes make bad calls, remember OJ?

Lets quit with the woulda coudla non-sense. Its pretty obvious the guy in the wrong didn't want to change and for that he paid a step penalty, but after all it was his doing not anyone else.

Back