I let a friend ride Caesar...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, I know that most of you guys don't let just anyone ride your Busa...actually, I doubt any of you let ANYONE else ride your Busa at all...

But, I have a few select friends that I trust to ride Caesar...and I feel it's only fun to brag if those around you admire what you ride, right?!

So, I have a die-hard Harley rider friend that's been wanting to ride my Busa since I bought it. He wanted to wait until the break in period because I think he figured he'd really wind the Busa out otherwise (insert rolling eyes here). Well, he rode it on Saturday...

Now, this guy's tough...rode to Sturgis on his Road King this summer, rides in the snow, rain, hail...doesn't matter, he just loves to ride...probably put 30,000 miles on his Harley in just two years...not much bothers this guy...he's a big guy; intimidating to those that don't know him...

He pulled up in my driveway with an odd sort of grin on his face and shaking his head, parked Caesar, and looked at me while saying "I can't believe you actually own this bike..." He kept shaking his head, wondered how in the world I'd found the Busa, how I have maintained a clean driving record since owning it (don't worry, I feel a ticket in my future)...

He liked the Busa, said it felt great, very responsive and comfortable, you know - all the things we already know about the bike...seems he was just getting a feel for the bike on an uphill run, didn't pay attention to the old speedo, felt the bike lift up off the ground slightly, then realized he was going 120 mph in a matter of seconds...

He thanked me for letting him ride it, and finished up by saying he admires me for being able to handle it...he added that he's so glad he rode it because now he knows he can never own a Busa...he said he'd be dead within a month...I agreed that he probably shouldn't get a Busa...stick to the big old Road King... :D

I started cleaning up Caesar, and for the next hour or so, every time my friend walked by me, he'd just shake his head, try to say something, but he was clearly speechless...

It was amusing to say the least! My ego probably soared just a bit...an itty bitty bit... :tounge:

heh heh...

I like letting my buddies who own 600's try Lola out... That way, they never bug me about racing again!:cool:

Hey Michelle. You know what's really going on in his head, right? He's been bitten by the busa bug now and he's trying to talk himself out of it! Hehehehehe... I bet he does end up with one. If he rides a busa and doesn't end up with one he might as well trade whatever it is he rides now for a Honda Civic and get started putting decals and spoilers on it. Hehehehehe... :laugh:

Hey Michelle. You know what's really going on in his head, right? He's been bitten by the busa bug now and he's trying to talk himself out of it! Hehehehehe... I bet he does end up with one. If he rides a busa and doesn't end up with one he might as well trade whatever it is he rides now for a Honda Civic and get started putting decals and spoilers on it. Hehehehehe... :laugh:
I don't think he'd fit in a Honda Civic! :D

No...he was afraid!

I do not let very many people ride my Busa for the reasons of being afraid for them as much as the bike. The few who have riden the Ninja Eater have built Busas. My sons will not even ride my Busa, they think their dad is insane.

You should be proud, the fact that a woman rides one of the fastest bikes around is neat. :D :D

I do not let very many people ride my Busa for the reasons of being afraid for them as much as the bike.  The few who have riden the Ninja Eater have built Busas.  My sons will not even ride my Busa, they think their dad is insane.

You should be proud, the fact that a woman rides one of the fastest bikes around is neat.  :D :D
I admit it NE...I am a bit proud...
Awwww shucks, guys...just damn happy to be one of the "guys"! Insert applause... :D

I'm training my sons that Mom's got a faster bike than Dad, and I'm hoping they'll pick up riding sport bikes over Harleys if they'll be smart about it...yeah, I say that now...when the time comes, I'll be the "worried-to-death" kind of Mom that'll try and talk them out of it! Who am I kidding?!

Nice Work.... :laugh:

I cannot even convince one of the guys I ride with to try it out... He flat refuses...

I do not let very many people ride my Busa for the reasons of being afraid for them as much as the bike.  The few who have riden the Ninja Eater have built Busas.  My sons will not even ride my Busa, they think their dad is insane.

You should be proud, the fact that a woman rides one of the fastest bikes around is neat.  :D :D
I admit it NE...I am a bit proud...
Awwww shucks, guys...just damn happy to be one of the "guys"!  Insert applause... :D

I'm training my sons that Mom's got a faster bike than Dad, and I'm hoping they'll pick up riding sport bikes over Harleys if they'll be smart about it...yeah, I say that now...when the time comes, I'll be the "worried-to-death" kind of Mom that'll try and talk them out of it!  Who am I kidding?!
:bounce: Thats is kids Mommy is faster and has a better looking Bike.

I only let a select few ride the busa....its more of a scared they don't understand how much power it has...they have 600's and they're like yeah I can handle it and I'm like no its not like you just jump on and crack the throttle....they just don't get it.:O :laugh:

Hey VA, ya know if ya charged for those rides you could have

all the gear & mods ya want! ;)

Any bids on how long before he comes sniffing 'round for a
second ride?

I usually have people ask me how many cc's the 'Busa is. When I tell them they are amazed and tell me they wouldn't be able to handle that much power without getting a ticket. Never even makes to any discussion about whether they can ride or not!

I've only let 2 of my very good riding buddies ride Suzy-Q one got bitten by the bug loved the engine(and I wanted to ride his FJR before I got mine) the other won't be riding it again, he rides a ST 1100 he got on with his jacket half open kinda of loose clothing he lost his wallet and phone they blew right off him it was hilarious we were on the highway and I saw all of this debris flying off my girl and I signaled breakdown lane we pulled over I asked him if he lost anything he didn't even know and he wanted to change bikes later that night he called and told me what he had lost. :laugh:

Too Funny !!! :D

I can relate to his intitial impression, as I also ride a full dresser (Electra Glide-Classic). It is a fast bike...when it's among other H-D's. ;)

I was worried about the power of the busa at first, and how controllable it would be, but after the initial ride home, I just couldn't believe how smooth it was. I have a lot of respect for it's potential, but everytime I go out on her, I keep testing it a little bit more each time. I'm still amazed by it. :eek:

VaBusa, you have my respect for riding such a wonderful machine. Just teach your kids to respect a bike's potential and they'll surprise you with their caution.

Like Raider said, "he''ll be back"

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "what else...spelling"|1069135806 -->

The ONLY person I've offered my busa keys up to is my Dad. He isn't really a rider but he grins when he sees or hears the busa. He loves my riding stories but he always says, "You worry me, boy...". He still has a big grin and is shaking his head when I describe the busa's power to him or tell him about my rides. :D

He can use anything I own and could destroy it as long as he doesn't hurt himself. Other than Dad, there are VERY few people I'd toss the busa keys to. Just ain't happenin'...

Only 4 other guyz have ridin my bike. My cousin who is an accomplished rider ( and has the $ to buy me a new one if he wrecks ... ) 2. my close buddy who rides an R6. 3. my brother inlaw. 4. another close friend.

each one had their own comments that ranged from " OMG thats the fastest thing I have ever thing i have ever ridin " to If I had that i would kill myself... " Like Va. I just smile - :D

Wow...more of you guys give up the keys than I'd thought!

I've had a cop ride it, two good friends, my husband (of course, so he'll know what he's missing)...my brother-in-law's in the Air Force and currently serving in Iraq...I got a letter from him last night saying that he's next in line to ride it...he's another Harley guy...I'm trying to convert them, guys, but they just limp away like kicked puppies!

Raider & stkr00 - I really don't think my Road King riding friend will ever get on it again...I think he scared himself! :D

...he's another Harley guy...I'm trying to convert them, guys, but they just limp away like kicked puppies!

Raider & stkr00 - I really don't think my Road King riding friend will ever get on it again...I think he scared himself!  :D
Yeah, that's because Hardley riders are in it for the looks, not the power & speed. (sorry stkr, ;) ) If they twist the wrist and it does anything more than make damned noise it scares the crap out of 'em! Hahahahahahahaha... :laugh:

I let my dad ride mine to get his Class B land speed liscense and now he is selling his Goldwing to buy a Busa. Maybe I can talk him into buying an 40th Annv. orange so I can borrow it from time to time. :laugh:

Yeah, that's because Hardley riders are in it for the looks, not the power & speed. (sorry stkr, ) If they twist the wrist and it does anything more than make damned noise it scares the crap out of 'em! Hahahahahahahaha... [/QUOTE]

Too Funny, but also very true :D

Back